Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Livestock/General Farming photo thread TAKE #2 ::::RULES IN 1st POST::::

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭High bike

Bullocks wrote: »
    No more than myself I see you bring the chainsaw with you when you're putting up the fence !
    I would say that's a very beefy looking and well marked hereford if it's out of a fr and the charlaois would be an average charlaois from a suckler (no offence at all meant ) .
    You could have a thinner more rangy looking hereford out of a fr usually nowadays and alot of charlaois might be a bit more stylish
    if that's average I'd have him any day as would a lot of lads I know:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,815 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

High bike wrote: »
    if that's average I'd have him any day as would a lot of lads I know:rolleyes:
    I was thinking the same. That's a nice Char bull.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Tyson Lannister

Pedigree bull calf a day old,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Mad4simmental

Pedigree bull calf a day old,

Nice bag of milk under her, what's she by?

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Tyson Lannister

This lady is a half sister, their sire is 2 star for replacement:) Azur bloodlines

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

Jimlh86 wrote: »
    Both calves born one week apart 8 months ago. For all the giving out there isn't that huge a difference between the dairy cross and Ch! For the initial money of course

There's a massive difference between those two calf's IMHO. A nice calf outta a fr cow in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭limo_100

TITANIUM. wrote: »
    There's a massive difference between those two calf's IMHO. A nice calf outta a fr cow in fairness

good calf from the fr surely but a hereford is a hereford there could be as must as €400 in the difference because that's a super Charolais calf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Miname

Ch out of a limo/ br fr born yesterday.

Late calves

Best cow supposed to be calving around Christmas mad bulling today. She'll hang well at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

Some of this years weanlings

Another one

Final picture, all 3 born first week of March.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,815 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Miname wrote: »
    Best cow supposed to be calving around Christmas mad bulling today. She'll hang well at least.
    She might still be in calf. I had a cow like that, she bulled every 3 weeks till she calved.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭dh1985

Bull calf born 1st june. Showing nice shape

Maiden heifer to be bulled in a couple of months

She might still be in calf. I had a cow like that, she bulled every 3 weeks till she calved.

I've the scanner man coming tomorrow there's six cows look too light to be in calf, they'll be gone by the end of the week if their empty.

Some weanlings that will be hitting the road shortly

• Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭tanko

Fair play dh1985, quality stock there. Can you say what Bulls those animals are off?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭case5130

Would I be better to sell this lad or fatten him

• Advertisement

tanko wrote: »
    Fair play dh1985, quality stock there. Can you say what Bulls those animals are off?

All the charolais are off our own stock bull.
    The limo heifer is off an EDJ cow and I think ts ZGM bull code. She is exceptionally quiet and the cow has bags of milk and great shape

case5130 wrote: »
    Would I be better to sell this lad or fatten him

He's good bit off fattening especially the black lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,607 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

I've the scanner man coming tomorrow there's six cows look too light to be in calf, they'll be gone by the end of the week if their empty.
    who scans for you now?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭case5130

He's good bit off fattening especially the black lad.

New some one would say it 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Farrell

If she is dry would you sell in the mart or fatten yourself?

Farrell wrote: »
    If she is dry would you sell in the mart or fatten yourself?

If she was mine she'd be in Ballyjamesduff mart getting a good bit more than she'd get half a mile up the road.

tanko wrote: »
    If she was mine she'd be in Ballyjamesduff mart getting a good bit more than she'd get half a mile up the road.
    Always thought Drumshambo got better prices for dry cows.
    Have 2 young cows that didn't prove, 1 dryer & 1 soon to be dried, 650kg & 560kg but need feeding. Is it best to sell now or hold till spring when cattle are being bought for grass?

Farrell wrote: »
    Always thought Drumshambo got better prices for dry cows.
    Have 2 young cows that didn't prove, 1 dryer & 1 soon to be dried, 650kg & 560kg but need feeding. Is it best to sell now or hold till spring when cattle are being bought for grass?

Drumshambo would be over an hour further away for me, even if they were a bit dearer it wouldn't be worth it for a cow or two.
    Young continental cows are a great trade at the minute, there's no guarantee that'll last. I'd move them on.

She's not far from finishing somewhere about 800kg. There's a a couple of others I'm kinda hoping are empty that range from 580-750kg. Il probably show them all at the mart. Ballyduff is a bit of a spin for a few cows.

• Advertisement

She's not far from finishing somewhere about 800kg. There's a a couple of others I'm kinda hoping are empty that range from 580-750kg. Il probably show them all at the mart. Ballyduff is a bit of a spin for a few cows.
    Suppose get factory quote, bring to the mart, if getting less than factory - transport to factory, it could pay to visit Ballyduff.

Advertisement