Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Livestock/General Farming photo thread TAKE #2 ::::RULES IN 1st POST::::

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

I said wrote: »
    Jaysus one way to insult a mans stock

I dont think it was ever meant as an insult. We shouldn't go around thinking that all our geese are swans. I rather have an honest assessment of my stock rather than everybody telling me I'm a great lad. constructive criticism never did anybody any harm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

I dont think it was ever meant as an insult. We shouldn't go around thinking that all our geese are swans. I rather have an honest assessment of my stock rather than everybody telling me I'm a great lad. constructive criticism never did anybody any harm.

Surely there is a better to way to tell a man you don't like his stock.
    Each to there own.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭High bike

Surely there is a better to way to tell a man you don't like his stock.
    Each to there own.
    wasn't taken as an insult as the say opinions are like a** holes everyone has one,all that really matters is Im happy with the calf and couldn't give a fcuk what anyone else thinks

High bike wrote: »
    wasn't taken as an insult as the say opinions are like a** holes everyone has one,all that really matters is Im happy with the calf and couldn't give a fcuk what anyone else thinks

You won't say that when I m bidding ya

You won't say that when I m bidding ya
    im open to offers😜

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Ah God, seems a few lads are gone v sensitive! l asked a question, note the question mark?

l'm no expert in judging cattle and would know little about BB. I said what l thought, then asked what other people thought!

Believe me l've plenty of cattle that wouldn't be the best quality, also have a few crackers. I wouldn't be one bit insulted with a lad judging them and given his opinion. The truth always comes out on sale day anyways so no point in being delusional!!

Muckit wrote: »
    Ah God, seems a few lads are gone v sensitive! l asked a question, note the question mark?

l'm no expert in judging cattle and would know little about BB. I said what l thought, then asked what other people thought!

Believe me l've plenty of cattle that wouldn't be the best quality, also have a few crackers. I wouldn't be one bit insulted with a lad judging them and given his opinion. The truth always comes out on sale day anyways so no point in being delusional!!
    I simply posted a pic of a calf,never claimed she was a world beater so don't where ur going with the delusional comment,and to quote yourself "I know very little about BB" so maybe enough said:D

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭welton john

ezc heifer from last year at 6 months, hopefully be bulled by start of may

she's a smasher welton are u going the ai route?

...... so don't where ur going with the delusional comment....

Again that was a general comment, applies to us all as stockmen, not pointed directly at yourself.

• Advertisement

Jaysus one way to insult a mans stock

I was the only one to comment on the calf. Only my opinion. What's the point sticking up photos if can't discuss them? l'm still learning about what makes a good beast and what are potential flaws. I will listen to your appraisal of her if you have one.

God you'd swear we were giving lads wives marks out of ten. It's nothing personal!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,615 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Ah lads get over it, any chance of a few photos on the photo thread ?

she's a smasher welton are u going the ai route?

ya she'll get either Ba or easy pt

• Registered Users Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

I was the only one to comment on the calf. Only my opinion. What's the point sticking up photos if can't discuss them? l'm still learning about what makes a good beast and what are potential flaws. I will listen to your appraisal of her if you have one.

God you'd swear we were giving lads wives marks out of ten. It's nothing personal!!

Ah it ll all be good shortly Muckit. I'm bound to say something somewhere to take the heat off ya ;)

no ur ok I'd only discuss it with someone who knows something aboutBB's but thanks for the offer anyway,

Reggie. wrote: »
    Ah it ll all be good shortly Muckit. I'm bound to say something somewhere to take the heat off ya ;)
    Good man Reggie

Not what you said they way it came across.
    Over and done with now

I like her a lot. Would you not go for a safer option for the first calf? No easy PT available for the commercial man at the moment and BA bit harsh IMO

I like her a lot. Would you not go for a safer option for the first calf? No easy PT available for the commercial man at the moment and BA bit harsh IMO

got a bourvil straw even even tho hes pricey, also have a few lyh (have calves off him from 2yo lm x fr and they calved him no bother and id hope she be a better calver than them.Might use one of them two. Maybe with these new factory specs i might be aswell off use a traditional breed?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Lads, lads, lads, will ye quit the damn 'handbags' and let it drop?

Please, no more!

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭vincenzolorenzo

I can't even understand what the issue was. It was a very straightforward question from Muckit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Miname

Went to buy a calf and came home with these. I still have my hands on my head going what have I done.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,615 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Miname wrote: »
    Went to buy a calf and came home with these. I still have my hands on my head going what have I done.
    how many are there?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭tanko

Miname wrote: »

Jaysus, did you get sunstroke today? And you the fella that thought a grape/fork/sprong/pike looked like hardship:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

whelan2 wrote: »
    how many are there?

I count 10 at least

got a bourvil straw even even tho hes pricey, also have a few lyh (have calves off him from 2yo lm x fr and they calved him no bother and id hope she be a better calver than them.Might use one of them two. Maybe with these new factory specs i might be aswell off use a traditional breed?

Well if you have the bourvil straw and have no pedigrees to put it in fire away! He's handy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Not a good one this time, one of the best calfs I had last spring, spent nearly a week stomach tubing him. Got pneumonia then when I weaned him and when I got him over that hump got a right doing with coccidiosis. I'm fully convinced all he wants to do is die. I'm sure most people have had one like him at some stage. AB74C4C8-DAF2-4544-AA06-AF930238315D_zpsuvdaj0gi.jpg And an August born Fiston bull calf that I'm not one bit struck on either. Feel free to cut the hole of these lads, I won't be one bit insulted! F02B7ED6-5CE0-4D2C-9C5A-E406EA2D030D_zpsoowhcb3y.jpg

The CH will come into something but you sell all as weanlings yeah?

I have a heifer that will trump that red lad. I want to get the knacker out to shoot her but dad keeps talking me out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

The CH will come into something but you sell all as weanlings yeah?

I have a heifer that will trump that red lad. I want to get the knacker out to shoot her but dad keeps talking me out of it
    Sell about half as weanlings and half as year and a halfs. That Charolais lad is never going to grow, short butty little hoor of a calf.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Miname

whelan2 wrote: »
    how many are there?

16. I reckon my drink was spiked

Advertisement