Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Livestock/General Farming photo thread TAKE #2 ::::RULES IN 1st POST::::

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,615 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Miname wrote: »
    16. I reckon my drink was spiked
    feck, did you buy local? what age are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

I knew you would forget about a trailer and fill the van with livestock. You might never buy a continental again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭High bike

if you bought at the right price they could leave as much profit as continentals,

• Registered Users Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Went to buy a calf and came home with these. I still have my hands on my head going what have I done.

Ya got all them for the price of one calf...... now there's the deal of the year :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Miname

Reggie. wrote: »
    Ya got all them for the price of one calf...... now there's the deal of the year :D

The price of an average weanling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

The price of an average weanling

Nice....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

Fair play. What age are they?

Fair play. What age are they?

From a week to six weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭sonnybill

First 4 sucklers away to grass

sonnybill wrote: »
    First 4 sucklers away to grass

I was over across from there during the summer doing a bit of climbing. Lovely spot around you if I at the right place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭sonnybill

I was over across from there during the summer doing a bit of climbing. Lovely spot around you if I at the right place.

Could be - PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭tanko

Pirate x Black White head cow, Fiston bull and heifer arrived today.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭dh1985

tanko wrote: »

Bull looks to have good width.

dh1985 wrote: »
    Bull looks to have good width.

Yeah, they should make nice calves hopefully. Very easy calved anyway, Ai'ed June 11th so a short gestation. She had twin On-Dit Bulls this day last year so she's really doing the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭dh1985

Yeah, they should make nice calves hopefully. Very easy calved anyway, Ai'ed June 11th so a short gestation. She had twin On-Dit Bulls this day last year so she's really doing the business.

She definitely is. A real money maker! Was she fit to feed both calves last year. Have a couple of sets of twins this year that the cows won't be fit to feed both when they get big enough. Not sure what's the best course of action is.
    I suppose the fact it's twins shortens the gestation a bit too. Hope there lucky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

How'd she fit both of those in? :eek: You'd be happy with just the bull judging by that lump of a neck he appears to have!

I always sell one twin at about six weeks old, I think one calf is enough for a cow to be feeding and go back in calf quickly. She had these lads last year, sold the grey lad for €500 that day, squeezed the red lad and will sell him in August.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭annubis

Young pb calf by Mullary intrepid. Not a great shot but think she will be a good one yet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

I always sell one twin at about six weeks old, I think one calf is enough for a cow to be feeding and go back in calf quickly. She had these lads last year, sold the grey lad for €500 that day, squeezed the red lad and will sell him in August.

Does the cow do much bawling when you take one lad away at 6 weeks or is she just happy with one less sucking her

Bullocks wrote: »
    Does the cow do much bawling when you take one lad away at 6 weeks or is she just happy with one less sucking her

They might be a bit annoyed for a day or so but nothing major.

• Advertisement

Got the replacements out today. L-R- CWI/Virginia Andy/KJB

Ef3fhEgh.jpg

And the very rare white redhead :pac:

gxMz33Vl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Have you been messing with hair dye again? : D

ganmo wrote: »
    Have you been messing with hair dye again? : D

She found the pile of ashes :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

A few yearling replacement heifers. Impossible to get a right picture of them cause they keep walking around after me. AF36F650-5C3D-49CF-BFE6-DC7E7698C7A0_zpsyxkegahw.jpg BB059F3D-FF58-44C4-9A69-0E59154EEACF_zpsbkehwam8.jpg 5EC96E45-B1C2-411E-8C01-BF49BF6D8C10_zpslfjnlqbd.jpg 694DB9C8-D569-420A-802F-641905D23468_zpsmjpmwjns.jpg

A few yearling replacement heifers. Impossible to get a right picture of them cause they keep walking around after me. AF36F650-5C3D-49CF-BFE6-DC7E7698C7A0_zpsyxkegahw.jpg BB059F3D-FF58-44C4-9A69-0E59154EEACF_zpsbkehwam8.jpg 5EC96E45-B1C2-411E-8C01-BF49BF6D8C10_zpslfjnlqbd.jpg 694DB9C8-D569-420A-802F-641905D23468_zpsmjpmwjns.jpg

When will you have to shear them heifers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭limo_100

What weight and age are them heifer limestone?? There a lovely even batch when you going to bull them??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

A few yearling replacement heifers. Impossible to get a right picture of them....

A lovely even bunch of quality heifers. Ye can breed them LC. Hon da banner!! ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭rushvalley

Ckh bull born yesterday morning

limo_100 wrote: »
    What weight and age are them heifer limestone?? There a lovely even batch when you going to bull them??

All just 11-12 months at the moment. I have ten there and was going to keep the 6 best of them. The ones I was going to keep are between 390-430kg at the moment I'd be guessing. Two handier ones around 350kg and two heavier ones I don't really like. I'll bull them the end of June and hoping for around the middle of April at calving. Tis time enough for springers around here.

• Advertisement

When will you have to shear them heifers?

A few weeks of weather like today and they'll shear themselves ;)

Advertisement