Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Livestock/General Farming photo thread TAKE #2 ::::RULES IN 1st POST::::

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Some day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Farrell

Miname wrote: »
    Is he standing in a hole? Serious back end on him I presume that's the mother in the corner of the picture? I can't understand more lads not using a touch of blue through the cows.

Was trying that here for the BB/LM, had issues with plain bull calves & heifers too muscly with pelvis issues.
    But when it worked, great results.
    There seams to be a fear of using BB at the moment, due to poor selling & also lots don't see the BB as material when chasing stars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Meant to post this girl up last year but she was always far away or hidden in the shed. She calved last year at 16 months of age, was only noticed about a week before she calved, pumped with meal all winter yet calved herself.

The orange ch behind her is overdue now & the montbeliarde is.....I don't really know how he ended up with her but she has a lovely square heifer at foot.
    Black calf is one I'm bucketfeeding, hoping she'll learn to steal from the montie..
    zxuxX05l.jpg
    O8udbazl.jpg
    D38eAuql.jpg

Had this lad yesterday. Should be the end of calving for a few months! 87722FCB-7FE5-4567-B6F9-F0E49651607A_zps1u3kdipx.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,289 ✭✭✭tanko

I think she might have had him a month or two ago and you didn't notice, he's a fair lump.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Kovu wrote: »
    I think Little Red deserves a medal. On the 307th day, a tank was born...naturally!

NhIPrCPm.jpg

Mad in heat today, she's some cow for one cow!

Best bull calf I have this year. Just gone 6 weeks now and same cow had twins last year. Gonna be a cracker yet. FB8CF54D-9208-4C39-BE00-3BC42CD5981C_zpsgrwmw8r5.jpg C3655964-60A6-4B3D-9AEB-80ECB78C8FCD_zpsmhj51dov.jpg Very good heifer calf out of a springer. Not doing her much justice with this pic though. 92441F01-4F48-4D82-AC7F-18BDC3CF1E97_zpsweutz8mq.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

Ba or lim? She's going to be a cracker.

Ba or lim? She's going to be a cracker.

All Lims here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 391 ✭✭furandfeather

Few calves
    1 October pb bull by Bugatti
    2 October pb heifer by major
    3 March 3/4 sim heifer by stockbull
    4 March 7/8 sim bull by stockbull
    5 november pb heifer by stockbull

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Few calves

Wow, some lovely heifers no. 5 and no. 2 are really nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

No.5 is my favorite. No.2 has v danty legs for a daughter of Major

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Had a heifer like her a couple of years ago and made a super cow.

Few calves

What's your opinion on Bugatti, have a fondness for him myself, see big uptake on him recently (14 PB calves registered in last 2 years)

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Tyson Lannister

Time to wean...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Great stock. Are they partenaise 'calves'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Time to wean...

They are huge. How old are they?

Yep pedigree parthenaise. I have 3 pedigree cows in with the rest of the commercials. They get no special treatment but their calves are crackers every year.
    The calf under the cow was born mid October, the fella on the right is weaned. He is older and all muscle, but is not growing as much as he should.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 391 ✭✭furandfeather

Farrell wrote: »
    What's your opinion on Bugatti, have a fondness for him myself, see big uptake on him recently (14 PB calves registered in last 2 years)

He's a fine bull i think, I've only seen a couple of calves of him. His stars are sh!te though. I'm new to this Charolais breeding! They're 2 ET calves, I bought a few frozen embryos of a neighbour that was selling out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 113 ✭✭Canaryblue

He's a fine bull i think, I've only seen a couple of calves of him. His stars are sh!te though. I'm new to this Charolais breeding! They're 2 ET calves, I bought a few frozen embryos of a neighbour that was selling out

Well if you can breed Charolais like you can breed Simmental than I think you'll do great!

• Advertisement

My best bull calf this year, 9 week old ZCH calf off Highlander cow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,900 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

tanko wrote: »
    Super calf. I'd say you would have preferred a heifer, giving the breeding.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

Yeah, maybe. That cows mother was a bit nuts, she's not too bad but her calves don't have great temperament. She had a nice HCA cow and a super FZF heifer i had to sell because they were very flighty. Still have a KJB heifer off her from last year, she's not gone crazy yet. Maybe i should have been putting Simmentals on her all along.

Well he's a French bull that got little use here ( at €75 a pop can understand), but he's off Romeo who has 2 sons with good stars VOE & Victorieux

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭barnaman

Fairplay Tyson I thought they were photoshopped!!!!!!!!!! You are giving my weanlings "body image" issues! Kovu going to have to implant a ban like below!

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-36516378

Haha no photoshop - I only have a few but am aiming over the coming years to go all pedigree.

Best bull calf I have this year. Just gone 6 weeks now and same cow had twins last year. Gonna be a cracker yet. FB8CF54D-9208-4C39-BE00-3BC42CD5981C_zpsgrwmw8r5.jpg C3655964-60A6-4B3D-9AEB-80ECB78C8FCD_zpsmhj51dov.jpg Very good heifer calf out of a springer. Not doing her much justice with this pic though. 92441F01-4F48-4D82-AC7F-18BDC3CF1E97_zpsweutz8mq.jpg

Another not great pic of the same heifer, she's no poser anyway! Had a serious pull with her and she spent a few minutes wedged on the hips. Easy see why now. Pity they wouldn't all come as good. 8179CE02-3E87-4E29-ACBD-1DD17A268C1B_zps4elmqbsw.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭limo_100

tanko wrote: »

Have a few in calf to him for next spring how was he for calving? had you many off him? And how is the bull for growth and muscle? Tell me if im to nosy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭golodge

Finally finished with the calving for a couple months. The last heifer calf out of 29 months old Angusx heifer. Calved very easily.
    DSCF30101_zpstqopoypx.jpg

Some of calves sired by Limousine stock bull.
    March born heifer.
    DSCF30201_zps4xec8wj2.jpg

January born bull calf out of Angusx 3rd calver. 70kgs birth weight, but no problems calving. Cow isn't very meaty.
    DSCF30242_zpsskqvuc0o.jpg

April born heifer out of 2nd calver. She has abit of Angus and Charolais, but mainly Limousine.
    DSCF30121_zpsz3vadcjq.jpg

1st calver with December born heifer. Will be weaned soon.
    DSCF30151_zpsczlctkui.jpg

2days old 7/8Limo heifer.
    DSCF30341_zpsfia6ncsf.jpg

And here is the sire of calves. 4 years old purebred Limousine bull. No meal for over 2 years already.
    DSCF3030_zpsf6fkn4v6.jpg
    AI Charolais sired 26 months old heifer out of Limoxdairy cow. Due to calve in August. Incalf by the Limousine bull( pic above).
    DSCF30191_zpsdhs4dtae.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭welton john

on topic of our best calves heres mine for this year.
    Gamin x ch/fr
    2 days
    Photo0328.jpg
    8 weeks
    Photo0347.jpg
    13 weeks
    Photo0351.jpg
    Photo0356.jpg

Advertisement