Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Livestock/General Farming photo thread TAKE #2 ::::RULES IN 1st POST::::

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

You need to get one of those beepers lorries have for when she reverses!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

rushvalley wrote: »
    Mbp heifer from last year

Is she out of a blonde

L-R.
    KOY heifer, Towthorpe Dubai heifer, KJB bulls arse. Dubai calf is out of the slightly larger heifer :D

bInnGvmh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭rushvalley

Is she out of a blonde

Nope no blonde breeding in her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Glas topper will be flat out

• Advertisement

I said wrote: »
    Glas topper will be flat out

Oh stop, the state of the field!! Tried to crop as much of it out as I could :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭tanko

Why have ya got the clothes line in the field?:D

tanko wrote: »
    Why have ya got the clothes line in the field?:D

Because the wee blonde has no hair to speak off and I'm flat out trying to keep her in woollens in this weather :)

Ah no, it's the mains fence from the pumphouse, has to go a long route over the road that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭tanko

The Blonde calf looks very long anyway, any trouble calving KOY?
    What do you make of KJB?

tanko wrote: »
    The Blonde calf looks very long anyway, any trouble calving KOY?
    What do you make of KJB?

Not a bit of trouble, had left her in out of the way of another cow who was down and trying to rise at the feed barrier. Went down to check the downer cow and noticed four eyes glaring back at me from in the pen :pac: Have 3 straws left so might put one on the cow-heifer in that pic.
    KJB.........well......once you get them out they're not so bad. He's very growthy and tall, as is the other KJB bull we have. Only had one heifer and she's still a bit butty but nice and deep of herself, might have a pic of her recently at 15 months, I'll check.

Only one I have to hand here is a bit crap, taken on Tues. She's the very dark one to the far left, hiding her arse behind the other lim.

• Advertisement

Kovu wrote: »
    Not a bit of trouble, had left her in out of the way of another cow who was down and trying to rise at the feed barrier. Went down to check the downer cow and noticed four eyes glaring back at me from in the pen :pac: Have 3 straws left so might put one on the cow-heifer in that pic.
    KJB.........well......once you get them out they're not so bad. He's very growthy and tall, as is the other KJB bull we have. Only had one heifer and she's still a bit butty but nice and deep of herself, might have a pic of her recently at 15 months, I'll check.

Only one I have to hand here is a bit crap, taken on Tues. She's the very dark one to the far left, hiding her arse behind the other lim.

Are you bulling them

Are you bulling them

No, the ai man is :p

No, the ai man is :p

Haha. They're tanks compared to our replacements. What's the white one out of.

Haha. They're tanks compared to our replacements. What's the white one out of.

From L-R again.
    KJB heifer- mid march-covered last week.
    CWI heifer- due in Oct.
    S2061 heifer- mid april-covered last week. (he's the polled ch in Bova, a bit 'meh', she's going through a lanky teen phase).
    Virginia Andy heifer (almost 12 months :o) - covered same day as ch last week.
    ERE heifer- start of jun I think- covered last week.

Don't think they're tanks though, the ere one might be a bit heavy, she was keeping the bull company til we sold him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭limo_100

From L-R again.
    KJB heifer- mid march-covered last week.
    CWI heifer- due in Oct.
    S2061 heifer- mid april-covered last week. (he's the polled ch in Bova, a bit 'meh', she's going through a lanky teen phase).
    Virginia Andy heifer (almost 12 months :o) - covered same day as ch last week.
    ERE heifer- start of jun I think- covered last week.

Don't think they're tanks though, the ere one might be a bit heavy, she was keeping the bull company til we sold him.

what weights would them heifers be?

limo_100 wrote: »
    what weights would them heifers be?

Between 320 to 380, between the older higher fed to the youngest, hard to say for sure & not counting the older incalf one in that!

Between 320 to 380, between the older higher fed to the youngest, hard to say for sure & not counting the older incalf one in that!

They're at least 100 kilos more than that I wud say

Nope, definitely not, they're on a rise above me taking that photo so they prob look bigger than they are. I'd love to get mar-Jun born heifers to 400+kg with little meal lol.

rushvalley wrote: »
    Nope no blonde breeding in her

Thought her head looked sorta funny like a blonde cow we used to have. Lovely animal btw

This might be a better pic to show the two lower weight ones, hard to see on the phone. Took this one waiting for AI man last week. Panda should model for Persil, she never gets dirty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Dozer1

First piedmontese calf born here, shaping up well now

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭croot

Dozer1 wrote: »
    First piedmontese calf born here, shaping up well now

Nice calf. Just out of curiosity why did you go for piedmotese?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Dozer1

I didn't :), bought some cows incalf to them, 2nd one calved Sunday not nearly as good but i think she calved early as cow only coming into milk now.
    2 of them came with calves at foot last year and there were fine calves, very lean muscle like the BB, I think this lady brought the muscle from the BB side aswell

This might be a better pic to show the two lower weight ones, hard to see on the phone. Took this one waiting for AI man last week. Panda should model for Persil, she never gets dirty.

Their lighter in that photo alright. CWI heifer is a good bit heavier than them two

Their lighter in that photo alright. CWI heifer is a good bit heavier than them two

That's because she's a year older! Was very late coming into heat, her two comrades have calves already but she'll be calving in Autumn.

That's because she's a year older! Was very late coming into heat, her two comrades have calves already but she'll be calving in Autumn.

Ahhh. Ntb so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Miname

Sea view Tommy calf with a more sociable mammy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Miname wrote: »
    Sea view Tommy calf with a more sociable mammy.

Heifer? We had a few sim bulls here over the years and I'd say we got about a 4:1 ratio of Bulls to heifers! Fine looking pair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Miname

Heifer? We had a few sim bulls here over the years and I'd say we got about a 4:1 ratio of Bulls to heifers! Fine looking pair.

A heifer alright, they usually come a bit finer but it's hard to see in pic but the calf has serious power and square for a heifer. Had a set of twins last night and found my cow with a blind spin and mastitis in another.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,617 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Reggie. wrote: »
    @whelan2 update

Only saw that now. Whats the plan for them?

Advertisement