Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Livestock/General Farming photo thread TAKE #2 ::::RULES IN 1st POST::::

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

Dozer1 wrote: »
    First piedmontese calf born here, shaping up well now

one word of advice reg him as a bb, worth a lot more money with that on card . you cant beat a blue mammy......

• Registered Users Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

whelan2 wrote: »
    Only saw that now. Whats the plan for them?

Sold off as forward stores later in the year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Miname

Miname wrote: »
    Sea view Tommy calf with a more sociable mammy.

Sorry checked the ai dockets and she's actually a vio calf.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Sold 2 heifers to a neighbor at home. 4&5 star maternal, 15 months €1250. The one on the left in the first pic and the one with her side facing the camera in the second one. 8C283788-BF27-4C9D-92F4-C509ACDD0AB8_zpskbvlpoql.png D986D522-F655-4D82-A1DF-43798CED4179_zps3em263ep.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

Nice stock LC and not a bad price either.

• Advertisement

Mac Taylor wrote: »
    Nice stock LC and not a bad price either.

They are 2 good long square heifers for breeding. You'd nearly want the most of it but it's another job to try and get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

Sold 2 heifers to a neighbor at home. 4&5 star maternal, 15 months 1250. The one on the left in the first pic and the one with her side facing the camera in the second one. 8C283788-BF27-4C9D-92F4-C509ACDD0AB8_zpskbvlpoql.png D986D522-F655-4D82-A1DF-43798CED4179_zps3em263ep.jpg

There quality heifers, worth every penny and Abit with it I'd say. The new owner should do well outta them. Great length to them and they've abit of growing to do yet. They'll make serious cows.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ZETOR_IS_BETTER

Hi Everyone, I haven't posted photos in a good while so here it goes :)

Attempt number four at embedding pictures!

Simx Heifer in the middle of April
    DSC_0433_zps01jjropo.jpg

Now in July
    DSC_0733_zps254pmvab.jpg

HCAx Heifer
    DSC_0731_zpsiqah1pot.jpg

Stock bull Heifer
    DSC_0729_zps3xeddnir.jpg

HCAx Heifer
    DSC_0707_zpsjsjstif8.jpg

HCAx Bull
    DSC_0684_zpsspjis7uv.jpg

Cow getting robbed :pac:
    DSC_0681_zps1xwiiu3i.jpg

Bull by Stock bull
    DSC_0679_zpsfpvmqelg.jpg

Heifer by stock bull
    DSC_0671_zpsafu40hkk.jpg

Bull by stock bull
    DSC_0672_zpsmgaxwrzf.jpg

Strip Grazing (pity they don't clean it as good in wet weather)

DSC_0705_zpswkqawi7f.jpg

First cut in May, quantity back on normal years but hopefully quality is there

DSC_0537_zpsnhxjzs6f.jpg

Phew it works!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Well done :D

Nice stock, I like that hairy heifer by the stock bull.

Kovu wrote: »
    Well done :D

Nice stock, I like that hairy heifer by the stock bull.

Thanks, she is shaping up to be a nice animal alright. Only downside is that she is a 2 star. (passed on from her mother) :( Can't understand that really when her mother returns nice u grade bulls and r grade heifers.

She might be lucky yet as I have enough animals to cover me for the data scheme so she might sneak in yet :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭dh1985

Thanks, she is shaping up to be a nice animal alright. Only downside is that she is a 2 star. (passed on from her mother) :( Can't understand that really when her mother returns nice u grade bulls and r grade heifers.

She might be lucky yet as I have enough animals to cover me for the data scheme so she might sneak in yet :)

Lovely animals zetor. What kind of ages are they. Surprised at the quality and power of the HCA calves. Has some heifers off him last year and I was not impressed. Your own stock bulls calves are as good though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Wouldn't worry about that, majority of our cows are two star! Some of those produce far better calves than the four/five star lassies :rolleyes:

dh1985 wrote: »
    Lovely animals zetor. What kind of ages are they. Surprised at the quality and power of the HCA calves. Has some heifers off him last year and I was not impressed. Your own stock bulls calves are as good though.

Thanks. The Simx and all Hcax calves are ranging 6-7 months.

My own bulls off spring would be the same age bracket with some at 5 months.

I would agree about the size of hca off spring. When they were born the were incredibly light framed. They were noticeably lighter to my stock bulls off spring . But their growth rate is impressive they caught up in size once they hit grass.

Kovu wrote: »
    Wouldn't worry about that, majority of our cows are two star! Some of those produce far better calves than the four/five star lassies :rolleyes:

I can vouch for that here! I have 2 and 3 star cows here and they ain't going no where :)

Sold these two ladies tonight. Twin lmx out of bbx cow. The first one weighed 340kgs and made €900, the second weighed 380kgs and made €980. Both will be 12 months at the end of this month. Happy out.

0AF4E1DF-CF56-4F80-A0AF-95B4AC6EAF16_zpskcs6xo35.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

0AF4E1DF-CF56-4F80-A0AF-95B4AC6EAF16_zpskcs6xo35.jpg

Did you bring those limo bullocks to mart LC?

Did you bring those limo bullocks to mart LC?

No and I won't for a few more weeks either. Have herd test end of August and need them gone before then though.

Purebred heifer possibly a little too musely for breeding. Time will tell. March born out of mpb.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Genie Mac! Great cattle!

• Advertisement

New stock bull. Bred from ardlea Dan with abi and sympa on the dam side. Home bred not pushed 15 months old.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Farrell

New stock bull. Bred from ardlea Dan with abi and sympa on the dam side. Home bred not pushed 15 months old.

Nice bull, great breeding.
    What you think of the ABI dam

Mereside favouri heifer, 20 months old, a bit older bulling her than I would like. Have had a bit of interest in her but not for sale. 5* maternal. Tanko in her back breeding.

Final picture:D a few of ye might remember I bought a few hca calves for breeding. Well they grew up and 3 of the 4 have been bulled. Roll on 9 months. Not a great picture but am impressed with hca calves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Purebred heifer possibly a little too musely for breeding. Time will tell. March born out of mpb.

Not a bit too muscly. She's a beut. If she's enough milk she'll be a great cow.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Tyson Lannister

PT bull calf off a chxAA heifer

• Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭tanko

That's a serious heifer. Have you any heifers off MBP calved? I had a couple of them, they were very poor for milk even tho they were off milky cows.

Hoping to have three heifers off Favori calving next spring, plenty of size and length to them anyway. It'll be interesting to see if they've much milk. Have you used FZF much? He breeds big cattle.

Farrell wrote: »
    Nice bull, great breeding.
    What you think of the ABI dam

Very underrated bull. Very poor figures. Have 2 cows off him, nice bag of milk not too big and breeding well. Being with Eurogene doesn't help as they haven't got a great presence ( around here anyway)

Not a bit too muscly. She's a beut. If she's enough milk she'll be a great cow.

Gc, nail on the head. Vantastic females don't seem to have a cup of milk. Her dam has a nice bag. Only 2* star to cap it all.

• Advertisement

tanko wrote: »
    That's a serious heifer. Have you any heifers off MBP calved? I had a couple of them, they were very poor for milk even tho they were off milky cows.

Hoping to have three heifers off Favori calving next spring, plenty of size and length to them anyway. It'll be interesting to see if they've much milk. Have you used FZF much? He breeds big cattle.

First time to use mpb and Fzf. I wouldn't mind the Fzf heifer is off a tank of a cow. Already she is a fair tank and she ain't going to get smaller. :D

Advertisement