Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Livestock/General Farming photo thread TAKE #2 ::::RULES IN 1st POST::::

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Last of them weaned now except for 2 August calves. Looked a lot better than I thought they were when you have them inside together.

401980.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

A lovely bunch. Great stock as always LC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

Last of them weaned now except for 2 August calves. Looked a lot better than I thought they were when you have them inside together.

Great looking stock LC . What's the plan for them?
    What's their stars like?

Mac Taylor wrote: »
    Great looking stock LC . What's the plan for them?
    What's their stars like?

There's a good few of them 4&5 star anyway. I'll keep them for the winter anyway. Probably keep the best of them on for breeding.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Wes Palmer Lee

Lovely honest looking bunch!

I've put my autumn calvers in and since they got the silage their scouring like mad,,, Good wilted grass it is too... would it be fluke?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

Anyone want to buy a hedgehog?:D
    I seem to have a great breeding programme going on here.
    Poor little fella fell into the pit in the parlour and can't get out.
    2016_11_25_13.jpg

In the bucket. Maybe i'll keep him as a pet. I'll call you Spike.
    2016_11_25_13.jpg

2016_11_25_13.jpg

Ok i'll let you go. Go on will you. No you can't stay with me. BORN FREE.:D
    2016_11_25_13.jpg

You better stay in your home now.
    2016_11_25_13.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Haven't seen one here in years, I remember coming across a decent few as a kid. These milder winters aren't helping the population supposely, hedgehogs should be in hibernation from October onwards.

Timmaay wrote: »
    Haven't seen one here in years, I remember coming across a decent few as a kid. These milder winters aren't helping the population supposely, hedgehogs should be in hibernation from October onwards.
    The hedgehog doesn't know what date it is. If it's warm they're out eating and filling their bellies. If it's cold they're huddled up and asleep. Milder winters are better as they can keep foraging for food.
    Which would you prefer? Iceland or Ireland to be huddled up in a ditch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Have great hopes for thus one@ 5days old
    402417.jpg
    Then her father is crossbred :eek:
    402418.png

Have great hopes for thus one@ 5days old
    402417.jpg
    Then her father is crossbred :eek:
    402418.png

You have the sire on that as a ped Limousin.
    It's the dam of the calf where the problem is.
    There's no sire recorded on the dam's side and then it says Charolais coming in from her dam and Simmental then they guessed that it came from her sire.
    (Even though that's not true).

• Advertisement

No that's the bulls ancestry I have up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

No that's the bulls ancestry I have up

He jump over the fence or did you intend on using him? I had a lad here last year and I was very tempted to let him at one or two cows. He was a smashing sim x lim.

He jump over the fence or did you intend on using him? I had a lad here last year and I was very tempted to let him at one or two cows. He was a smashing sim x lim.

We bought two springers and we asked the lad what the bulls number was for registering etc we don't mind tho since there good calves and they calved easy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

TITANIUM. wrote: »
    Well fair play ta her. And you all ready to go with your calving jack ropes an all. You'll be pulling down that roll of wrap in a few weeks I suppose.

Selling this chappie today, along with an SFL bull born a month earlier. Be interesting to see how they weigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

Selling this chappie today, along with an SFL bull born a month earlier. Be interesting to see how they weigh.

360kgs to 420kgs

TITANIUM. wrote: »
    360kgs to 420kgs

420kg- €1005- born end of march, don't think I've a photo of him here, a red blue.
    355kg- €875- the calf born start of may above.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,816 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

An idea for picking up silage bales; :rolleyes:

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

Great little conveyer on that lorry.
    It's actually a ground driven conveyer.
    If you don't mind holes on your silage bales from the spikes it'd be grand.;)
    Some great cotton picking farmers out there.

Heifers KZH calf now two weeks old and thriving like a gosling!

MwOQLecl.jpg

Heifers KZH calf now two weeks old and thriving like a gosling!

MwOQLecl.jpg

Pity its a bull. Would make a smashing heifer

• Advertisement

Pity its a bull. Would make a smashing heifer

True but can't keep them all, his mother has plenty of years to breed more, will use the same bull again on her I think.
    Already had the halter on him, can't start them too young. Roscrea '18, here we come :D

And the guy that buys him will take the halter off when he gets him home, never to put it on again. Crazy when you think about it.

True but can't keep them all, his mother has plenty of years to breed more, will use the same bull again on her I think.
    Already had the halter on him, can't start them too young. Roscrea '18, here we come :D

Didn't realise he was pb. Should do good

And the guy that buys him will take the halter off when he gets him home, never to put it on again. Crazy when you think about it.

Yea but sure it's a bit of craic too....take them along to a few shows to get them used to the atmosphere.
    Didn't realise he was pb. Should do good

With a bit of luck, have to see how he grows up. Manys a calf looked a star for the first few months and then dropped back. The ch calf in a photo above that was born the same time makes him look small though!

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭sonnybill

The hill diet

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Is that kind of a croagh patrick for bovines? Like do they climb up there to find their 'inner cow?' :D

Muckit wrote: »
    Is that kind of a croagh patrick for bovines? Like do they climb up there to find their 'inner cow?' :D

They be fit for calving after that .. Get up there!

Only pain is the heifers at the back there don't stick with the cows .. Splinter group!

sonnybill wrote: »
    The hill diet

Do you give it a bit of a graze in summer? It would get rid of a lot of the white grass (molinia). Bit of a problem on some of the winterages on the burren aswell but a light graze in July-August will thin it out an awful lot when it's palatable to cattle. The burren life crowd hate it.

Do you give it a bit of a graze in summer? It would get rid of a lot of the white grass (molinia). Bit of a problem on some of the winterages on the burren aswell but a light graze in July-August will thin it out an awful lot when it's palatable to cattle. The burren life crowd hate it.

No and you are absolutely correct that I should graze it in the Summer

• Advertisement

sonnybill wrote: »
    No and you are absolutely correct that I should graze it in the Summer
    It would be fierce handy being able to graze it too, on those very wet weeks we seem to get more and more now in the summer.

Advertisement