Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Software Update 1.11 issue

Options
  • 07-09-2014 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭

So I tried to sign in to the PS Store today on the PS3 and received a notification that an update is required (1.11). The loading bar reached 99% and I then got the following error message:

An error has occurred during the download operation (80710723)

I googled it but found no definite answer on what is causing it. Has anyone experienced this before and if so, is there a solution?

I'm hoping it's an issue on Sony's side and nothing to do with my connection. Internet issues are a bit of a minefield for me.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

We're up to 4.65 now.

You can get it here, http://ie.playstation.com/ps3/support/system-software/detail/item679452/Update-features-%28ver-4-65%29/

Before you do that, does it still work at the version you are at now?

Go to settings, system settings and system information, it will tell you what version you are at.

Some people like an old version number.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭budman9

Pac1Man it's probably problem with your internet connection. Try later.

F1ngers he is trying to update PS Store, not console firmware.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

budman9 wrote: »
    Pac1Man it's probably problem with your internet connection. Try later.

F1ngers he is trying to update PS Store, not console firmware.

Ah yes, it went through on the 5th or 6th attempt. At least I won't be panicking in the future if it fails.

Thanks.:)

Advertisement