Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kilkenny v Tipp, SHC Final Replay, Sat 27/09 @ 5pm

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭savannahkat

bruschi wrote: »
    were you watching the same game as I was?

Obviously I was'ent, not if you keep maintaining the two point lead held by Kilkenny entering extra time was a true reflection of the dominance of Kilkenny in the second half.

P.S Callahan did not miss a great goal chance, Delaney hooked him or did you not see that either. There is a world of difference between missing a chance and being stopped by your opponent with a masterful piece of skill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

It could be, it might be, it may be, but it probably is because he is tired of defending the indefensible.

What exactly is the indefensible? Your saying losing an all ireland by 3 points in a replay is indefensible?

I like the use of probably as well, as if you actually know what you are talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Man to man? Is that why Kilkenny had a 2 man full forward line? It was the defensive work of Fennelly and Fogarty and the half forwards dropping back that helped nullify the space for the Tipp forwards. Are you saying the first day that Kilkennys defenders werent marking their men as some sort of gameplan?

KK backs lined up their opponents for the replay and stayed with them. This didn't happen in the drawn game. The KK backs cleaned out their direct opponents which was the winning of the game. KK went with a two man FF late in the game. My point still stands. Man to man Tipp can't beat KK.

Or it could be that he is a lecturer in Galway and has to make a 4 hour roundtrip to training as opposed to being a Principal in Kilkenny, where the County team trains?

It's a reasonable excuse. However, he knew what he was letting himself in for having been part of Sheedy's team. He committed himself to a three year term. He gets great credit for being such a deep thinker. He must've thought this one through.

citykat wrote: »
    It's a reasonable excuse. However, he knew what he was letting himself in for having been part of Sheedy's team. He committed himself to a three year term. He gets great credit for being such a deep thinker. He must've thought this one through.

I'd say it's more of a commitment as manager than selector though to be fair, me may well have not realized that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Fwank wizzo

My point still stands. Man to man Tipp can't beat KK.
    And they won't until they get rid of the players with no real fight in them.
    (And the 2 biggest culprits were the lads taken off after the 65th minute the last day.Unbeliveable that they lasted that long)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

were you watching the same game as I was?
    Obviously I was'ent, not if you keep maintaining the two point lead held by Kilkenny entering extra time was a true reflection of the dominance of Kilkenny in the second half.

P.S Callahan did not miss a great goal chance, Delaney hooked him or did you not see that either. There is a world of difference between missing a chance and being stopped by your opponent with a masterful piece of skill.

Seriously, are you actually going to respond to what I quote and not what you interpret. This is the second response to me and you fail to read what I have actually said

I didn't say he missed a goal chance. I said he had one and was denied by Jj.

If Kilkenny were that dominant and a world of difference away in their hurling skills, then why were they only 2 points up?

What exactly is the indefensible? Your saying losing an all ireland by 3 points in a replay is indefensible?

I like the use of probably as well, as if you actually know what you are talking about.

Having beaten Kilkenny only once and that in a league match in Thurles last year since 2010 and maintaining this Tipp team is on a par or nearly on a par with this Kilkenny team, spirit wise, skill wise, tactically or achievement wise is not just pretty indefensible, it is a fairy tale.

Having beaten Kilkenny only once and that in a league match in Thurles last year since 2010 and maintaining this Tipp team is on a par or nearly on a par with this Kilkenny team, spirit wise, skill wise, tactically or achievement wise is not just pretty indefensible, it is a fairy tale.

Alright so. We'll give up, and just leave Kilkenny A play Kilkenny B for the title seen as ye are so far ahead. I forgot Eamon O Shea has been in charge of Tipp every year since 2010....oh wait sorry he hasn't.

This is his second year and after a bad year where they were still reeling from the hammering they got in 2012 they made an all-ireland final, and to be fair to them they did so with a lot of people sticking the knife in every opportunity they got. And when you take Corbett's effort in the drawn game that's how close they came to winning the all-ireland.

If I was manager, from a performance point of view, I'd be very happy to continue in that job.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 KKalltheway

Or it could be that he is a lecturer in Galway and has to make a 4 hour roundtrip to training as opposed to being a Principal in Kilkenny, where the County team trains?

Did he not have that job before he took on the post, an easy get out. I'm sure he knew what was involved

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭randd1

Watched the two finals again back to back as I had time to do so.

First off about the first game, can I say Barry Kelly did OK in general for the first one, but there were about 4/5 decision that definitely went Tipp's way that another ref probably wouldn't have given.

I also felt looking at the first game, the defending by both sides was a bit below par than they usually do, and a good bit short of what they produced in the SF's, which is probably why there was so many scores. I honestly felt looking at it that both sets of midfielders and defenses look almost scared to make a big hit or a tackle. Very, very entertaining, but in the cold light of day, it felt more like a league final intensity than AI final intensity.

The scores though, were incredible, from both sides.

In the second game, the physicality, workrate and tackling by both sides was way above what Kelly allowed the first day, they amount of lads who just put their bodies on the line was incredible. It looked like the players, in particular the defenses, knew they could tackle without the whistle going for everything.

Also, regardless of what Tipp scored, Kilkenny should have definitely won by more really considering the misses they had when they were on top in the second half. Colin Fennelly going for a goal instead of a point late on, a John Power wide, a Richie Power wide, a Buckley wide, 3 balls dropping short into the keeper, Colin Fennelly and John Power's goal chances which were brilliantly saved.

In the first half, Gleeson (brilliantly) getting a finger to a small John Power flick in the first half to deny a goal. 4 missed frees over the game. 5 balls dropped short over the game. TJ Reid square ball.

Tipp had their chances too, most notably Callanan's goal chance just after the second goal when set up by Cahill, but the sheer volume of Kilkenny scoring chance missed when not under great pressure they should really have won by much more.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Fergus_Nash

On your second point hooking and blocking are skills as Brian Cody keeps telling us. As Liam Sheedy further said Kilkenny made 43% more hooks and blocks than Tipp. Kilkenny were 43% better at doing it or 43% better at avoiding being hooked or blocked, take your pick. You put it down to brawn with no brains I put it down to skill.

Just on this point, the stats from SKY were that Kilkenny 43% - Tipperary 32% in terms of hooking, blocking and tackles, so KK were 11% better. However, as one poster did say, the addition of tackling into that stat skews it a bit, because KK looked way better at hooking and blocking than Tipperary.

Did he not have that job before he took on the post, an easy get out. I'm sure he knew what was involved

What's the story with the Kilkenny lads having a cut off him over speculation (which is all it is right now) that he might leave his role as Tipp manager?

He had a good year and was pretty gracious towards Kilkenny afterwards and I don't really remember reading him saying anything untoward before that either. Yet still a few can't but help stick the knife in.

Things could have changed in the meantime too, on a whole variety of levels. Or he thinks he has brought this team to their limit, and can't get over the final hurdle. Or it's a rumour that has no basis in reality, like when people said Michael Fennelly had left the panel.

And they won't until they get rid of the players with no real fight in them.
    (And the 2 biggest culprits were the lads taken off after the 65th minute the last day.Unbeliveable that they lasted that long)

I think having players who can be three points down with five minutes left reply by scoring three unanswered points shows there is real fight in the team. Not panicking with their backs against the wall shows real character.

What's the story with the Kilkenny lads having a cut off him over speculation (which is all it is right now) that he might leave his role as Tipp manager?

He had a good year and was pretty gracious towards Kilkenny afterwards and I don't really remember reading him saying anything untoward before that either. Yet still a few can't but help stick the knife in.

Nobody's sticking the knife in, and I'm not really interested in getting into an argument with you but all I did was state facts, he knew the distance and commitment involved.

Nobody's sticking the knife in, and I'm not really interested in getting into an argument with you but all I did was state facts, he knew the distance and commitment involved.

He knew the distance it takes to drive I'm sure, but I'm not altogether convinced he would have had the inside knowledge of everything Liam Sheedy had to do when he was manager of Tipperary. As I said, there is a big difference between being a selector and manager.

Just a question but do you know much about his day job and his responsibilities and commitments? To be honest, I don't. But I did read something saying that his job does require him to work abroad at times. That would obviously be a huge obstacle to him.

You may not be trying to stick the knife in, but the line 'an easy out' does come across that way. There are definitely a few commenting here that could only be described as snide in what they have said.

It comes across as though it's being suggested he is running away from Kilkenny and literally has been said that he doesn't have faith in the team that they can beat them. I think that is very unfair to be honest. And it does seem that people are trying to make this personal as well as you can see from the below remark which has a pretty strong undertone of disdain:

" It's a reasonable excuse. However, he knew what he was letting himself in for having been part of Sheedy's team. He committed himself to a three year term. He gets great credit for being such a deep thinker. He must've thought this one through."

Pretty glib remark.

He knew the distance it takes to drive I'm sure, but I'm not altogether convinced he would have had the inside knowledge of everything Liam Sheedy had to do when he was manager of Tipperary. As I said, there is a big difference between being a selector and manager.

Just a question but do you know much about his day job and his responsibilities and commitments? To be honest, I don't. But I did read something saying that his job does require him to work abroad at times. That would obviously be a huge obstacle to him.

You may not be trying to stick the knife in, but the line 'an easy out' does come across that way. There are definitely a few commenting here that could only be described as snide in what they have said.

It comes across as though it's being suggested he is running away from Kilkenny and literally has been said that he doesn't have faith in the team that they can beat them. I think that is very unfair to be honest. And it does seem that people are trying to make this personal as well as you can see from the below remark which has a pretty strong undertone of disdain:

" It's a reasonable excuse. However, he knew what he was letting himself in for having been part of Sheedy's team. He committed himself to a three year term. He gets great credit for being such a deep thinker. He must've thought this one through."

Pretty glib remark.

As I said , it's not about what his job involves etc all I said was he had the job before he took on this post and he obviously knows the distance. I'm sure he had a chat with Liam sheedy as well as all his own previous involvement. He had to have been well aware of what's involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

Pretty glib remark.

Yes, there are bad winners as well as bad losers. You could almost excuse bad losers, but bad winners are the pits. Leave them to it. They deserve each other.

I think having players who can be three points down with five minutes left reply by scoring three unanswered points shows there is real fight in the team. Not panicking with their backs against the wall shows real character.
    Real character,IMO,would dictate that they would do it on a consistent basis year in,year out.
    They haven't and won't with certain personnel on board.Especially in their forward line.

• Advertisement

Brendan Cummins from the GAA News.

After 140 minutes of action, and then some, we finally have a winner. Kilkenny for the 35th time, and that’s ten in 16 years during the Cody era. Last Saturday’s replay didn’t reach the heights of the drawn game but this didn’t make it any less intriguing. Kilkenny dodged a bullet the first day and the question was would their strength in depth get them through? For me, this was the case.

Final score: Kilkenny 43 Tipperary 30. This is the hooks/blocks/tackles count from Saturday night's game. Before you can worry about the scoreboard, primarily this is a game of work. All through this season, it has been the oil running through the Kilkenny engine.

When discussing Kilkenny, it’s very easy for us, on the outside looking in, to have a cut and fall into the trap of making excuses for their success. It’s fair to say that they don’t have any interest in football and they’re blessed to have two of the strongest colleges teams in the country, St Kieran’s and Kilkenny CBS, feeding into their underage system. This is a hurling county in its purest form. These are contributing factors to what they have achieved but success has to be managed.

In an earlier column, I outlined how whenever Kilkenny win the All-Ireland, they only feel like champions for a few short months, until the hard slog starts all over again in January. This mindset has been created by Brian Cody. While in the seat of power, he has infused a consistency that the rest of us are striving for. Kilkenny’s remarkable run of consistency has been based on one thing for me: discipline. Players know what’s expected on and off the field and when you don’t deliver to these high standards, then it’s over for you. While this sheriff is in town, nobody is above the law.

Game of Work

Final score: Kilkenny 43 Tipperary 30. This is the hooks/blocks/tackles count from Saturday night’s game. Before you can worry about the scoreboard, primarily this is a game of work. All through this season, it has been the oil running through the Kilkenny engine and once again, they maintained their 100 per cent record for 2014 in this area. This will be the most disappointing thing for the Tipp players in the weeks ahead. The stats show that Kilkenny worked 43 per cent harder in this area.

The work rate in front of their own goal took me back to 2011 final, when they brought similar ferocity. Their half-back line went through 47 plays, a brick wall preventing ball getting through to the Tipp inside shooters. Kilkenny were definitely fired up but a substitute showed this more than the rest. Joey Holden was left out of his cage twice as a blood sub in the first half. First he got in the face of John O’Dwyer, and later Lar Corbett. On the latter occasion, Corbett was complaining to the linesman and referee Brian Gavin, which took his mind off the job at hand. Holden was a player hurting after he was left out of the starting line-up and he was going to take every opportunity presented to him to make amends.

Structure

So what made Kilkenny a different animal on Saturday evening in Croker? Before throw-in, I felt the changes to their back line offered more flexibility. Pádraig Walsh and Kieran Joyce would have no problem playing in the full-back line if needed, which isn’t necessarily the case with the men they replaced. This was always going to be vital against a forward line rotating and full of confidence. It was clear from the first time the ball left the hand of Brian Gavin that Kilkenny set up very defensively.

In the weeks leading up the game we had all commented on how the Tipp forward line fed off confidence and space, leading to the scoring spree in the drawn game. For Cody that day must have felt like a runaway train, without structure, and that he was playing Russian Roulette for the first time in years. But three weeks later, he played ten behind the ball for the majority of the first half. Right from the throw-in, the majority of players from both sides grouped between the two 45m lines.

Michael Fennelly, with a massive 22 plays, had a new role also in the first half, sitting back and allowing Shane McGrath the space to score three points, an acceptable loss for Kilkenny in the grand scheme of things. Unfortunately from a Tipp perspective, their minds went back to the drawn game in the first half. Pressure to make something happen led to solo runs into the traps set by defenders funnelling back in front of Eoin Murphy’s goal. For the first time all year, Tipp played with their three full-forwards close to goal for most of the first half, taking each other’s space and ending up suffocated.

Kilkenny, now playing with only four forwards, delivered a barrage of long balls into the Tipp full-back line, in the hope of pinching something. That is the reason John Power was brought into the play. He worked the Tipperary backs, sometimes outnumbered three to one but delaying the clearance those precious few seconds while his colleagues back the field drifted back into position, ready to defend the next wave of attack. To their credit, the Tipp defence stood firm but not without a couple of scares along the way. Kilkenny’s start worked and a Tipperary forward line that rampaged through them three weeks before ran into road blocks.

And yet Tipp were still happy enough, still in the hunt without playing particularly well. The problem was that Kilkenny came out to play after half-time. A common trend in Tipperary’s tussles with Kilkenny since 2009 is that they look to start the second half fast. This, again, was the platform for their success. Hitting the first five points of the half put them into a winning position. Colin Fennelly was positioned on the edge of the square looking out on acres of space, with the Tipp half-back line no longer staying close enough to offer the protection needed.

There was also a marked change in the support play of the Kilkenny defenders in the second half. A feature of the last ten minutes of the drawn game was how they were left isolated in possession, allowing Tipperary forwards to turn the ball over. This time, they had runners coming off the shoulder of a player in possession, ensuring that no ball was received when static, thereby making turnovers nearly impossible. This again showed why Cody chose Joyce and Walsh. The pair have fantastic engines and that allowed them to constantly make those selfless runs required to help a colleague in trouble.

The game didn’t go according to plan for Tipperary but there is certainly plenty to build on. Leaving the Allianz League game against Clare back in March, you certainly couldn’t see the team getting to the latter stages of the championship. While Kilkennny did dominate the game, Tipp still created goal chances in the last five minutes and showed that they now have the ability to fight until the end, a trait Eamon O’Shea and his backroom team have instilled back in the squad.

Séamus Callanan is now fulfilling what was previously rich potential and John ‘Bubbles’ O’Dwyer got up to speed over the course of the season. Tipp need to build from this attacking platform. While he will never be happy with a loss, Eamon O’Shea will feel he is getting the progress he spoke about at the start of his reign. There was certainly more movement in the team compared with 2013 and you can see the ‘O’Shea way’ manifesting itself in the way his players operate.

And so, as the curtain falls on another year, the talk is about the tempo and pace of our game and how it’s lifted a notch yet again. But I wonder are there storm clouds gathering in the distance? If the quality of the championship is judged by The Sunday Game’s Team of the Year, with only three counties represented, it leaves the others with plenty of food for thought heading into the winter. Have the rest fallen behind again or will they regroup and come again? Only time will tell. But for now, the spoils to Kilkenny, once more. The gunslingers rode into town but the Sheriff was there to head them off at the pass.

He had a good year and was pretty gracious towards Kilkenny afterwards

He wasn't too gracious when he ran up and roared in Cody's face after Tipp's first goal.

Things could have changed in the meantime too, on a whole variety of levels. Or he thinks he has brought this team to their limit, and can't get over the final hurdle. Or it's a rumour that has no basis in reality, like when people said Michael Fennelly had left the panel.

You're right. Could all be bulls**t. Just strange that it should appear in the media with detail about all his job entails. Normally managers are looking to extend their term not reduce it.

He wasn't too gracious when he ran up and roared in Cody's face after Tipp's first goal.

Didn't see that, mind you Cody is no saint for having the word in the ear. Heat of the moment stuff if it did happen.

Didn't see that, mind you Cody is no saint for having the word in the ear. Heat of the moment stuff if it did happen.
    "Heat of the moment stuff"
    :)

mind you Cody is no saint for having the word in the ear.

Glib comment as you might say yourself.;)

Glib comment as you might say yourself.;)

Well he's not, I saw it during the replay with Michael Ryan protesting with the linesman and Cody game in dismissing him. They all do it. I wouldn't really have an issue with any managers sideline antics with the exception of Fitzgerald.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭10 Carrolls

Funny you should bring up Michael Ryan. somebody should tell him that he's finished playing. He spends as much time on the field as any of the players, and I've seen him do that in several games this year.

You did not see it but strangely enough you can still find reason to bring Brian Cody into as if he was somehow responsible for the others behavior.

• Advertisement

You did not see it but strangely enough you can still find reason to bring Brian Cody into as if he was somehow responsible for the others behavior.

Now where did I say that? It's a point that everyone does it. I wouldn't be too worried about managers having heated exchanges on the sideline. A lot have done it, for example the Cody/Tipp dugout incident in the league final.

I don't believe that makes them any less gracious. To be honest, from what I recall Cody in his conduct after matches is generally a good example to others. Feel he let himself down two weeks ago with a comment that was really unnecessary.

It's pretty simple. I have not failed to acknowledge his achievements. Nor do I believe it detracts from the magnitude of them. Nor am I asking that he be forced to make an apology. But I think it's fair enough to expect more, it was out of order and that should be acknowledged.

And to be honest I probably wouldn't have said too much about it other than the fact that some people were using it as an excuse to go on a witchhunt for Kelly, and judged other observers in the media as believing he was out of line to indicate that everyone is out to get Kilkenny and it's all part of a GAA conspiracy to take them from the top. To any reasonable person, that is a ridiculous view to hold.

Now where did I say that? It's a point that everyone does it. I wouldn't be too worried about managers having heated exchanges on the sideline. A lot have done it, for example the Cody/Tipp dugout incident in the league final.

I don't believe that makes them any less gracious. To be honest, from what I recall Cody in his conduct after matches is generally a good example to others. Feel he let himself down two weeks ago with a comment that was really unnecessary.

It's pretty simple. I have not failed to acknowledge his achievements. Nor do I believe it detracts from the magnitude of them. Nor am I asking that he be forced to make an apology. But I think it's fair enough to expect more, it was out of order and that should be acknowledged.

And to be honest I probably wouldn't have said too much about it other than the fact that some people were using it as an excuse to go on a witchhunt for Kelly, and judged other observers in the media as believing he was out of line to indicate that everyone is out to get Kilkenny and it's all part of a GAA conspiracy to take them from the top. To any reasonable person, that is a ridiculous view to hold.[/QUOTE]

I never saw Brian Cody run up to an opposing manager after Kilkenny scoring a goal and rant at him, so no every one does not do it.
    Where has any one said "every one is out to get us", that is your own personal spin. Brian Cody and Kilkenny have been dissatisfied with this same ref and only this ref and not everyone over many seasons and not just this season and with valid and provable evidence which you choose to ignore because it does not suit your agenda. The only theories and conspiracies are those being advanced by you and others with a fair amount of anti Kilkenny bias like you attributing to Cody's statement thing that were never said.

I never saw Brian Cody run up to an opposing manager after Kilkenny scoring a goal and rant at him, so no every one does not do it.
    Where has any one said "every one is out to get us", that is your own personal spin. Brian Cody and Kilkenny have been dissatisfied with this same ref and only this ref and not everyone over many seasons and not just this season and with valid and provable evidence which you choose to ignore because it does not suit your agenda. The only theories and conspiracies are those being advanced by you and others with a fair amount of anti Kilkenny bias like you attributing to Cody's statement thing that were never said.

Did you see the incident Citykat is referring too? Because I'd like to see it myself or get a few more to say they saw it before taking it as fact. Everyone gets involved in heat of the moment sideline stuff, bickering goes on.

What did I attribute to Cody's statement that was never said. Here are a few quotes from the Kilkenny page that clearly indicate an 'everyone is out to get us' attitude:

BK has an anti-Kilkenny stance that is clearly visible and although Cody should not have said anything publicly he is telling a pretty obvious truth. Whether Kelly is pandering to the powers that be in GAA headquarters to do everything he can to allow for change or is if it is something personal

If they all want Kilkenny to go away and stop winning, why not the GAA and media fund a year's holiday away for the whole panel to Barbados or similar.

Do they want Kilkenny to disappear and apologise for continually raising the bar to a higher standard and trying to belittle a genuine, committed manager's honest comment on ONE decision which could have effected the outcome of ONE match. He did not make reference to or dwell on any other calls made against Kilkenny in other matches.

Just on a point of anti Kilkenny bias, can you give one example where I said Kilkenny management and team did not deserve what they achieved?

Did you see the incident Citykat is referring too? Because I'd like to see it myself or get a few more to say they saw it before taking it as fact. Everyone gets involved in heat of the moment sideline stuff, bickering goes on.

What did I attribute to Cody's statement that was never said. Here are a few quotes from the Kilkenny page that clearly indicate an 'everyone is out to get us' attitude:

Just on a point of anti Kilkenny bias, can you give one example where I said Kilkenny management and team did not deserve what they achieved?

The first quote you refer to refers specifically to Barry Kelly the other is just one quote you could find, so how does a single quote make it Everyone. Stick to facts. The vast, vast majority of Kilkenny people are angry with Barry Kelly and not the GAA world in general. Yours is just a general comment not based on any fact but done to portray the vast majority of Kilkenny people as us against them.That is the kind of general comment which is not just ill informed it is completely untrue and therefore biased.
    You have posted often enough referring to how you were so up to date with the Tipp scene you were nearly an expert on it all thanks to your Tipp cousins. it says enough to know where you stand with Kilkenny.

The first quote you refer to refers specifically to Barry Kelly the other is just one quote you could find, so how does a single quote make it Everyone. Stick to facts. The vast, vast majority of Kilkenny people are angry with Barry Kelly and not the GAA world in general. Yours is just a general comment not based on any fact but done to portray the vast majority of Kilkenny people as us against them.That is the kind of general comment which is not just ill informed it is completely untrue and therefore biased.
    You have posted often enough referring to how you were so up to date with the Tipp scene you were nearly an expert on it all thanks to your Tipp cousins. it says enough to know where you stand with Kilkenny.

I said an (meaning it exists) everyone is out to get us, not that everyone believes everyone is out to get us. And there were a lot of references to begrudgery and typical non kilkenny poster attitude and stuff like that. If there are people saying stuff like 'Gavin cost Tipp the match the last day with his style of play' or 'Kilkenny fluked the all ireland' then I don't agree with them in the slightest. That attitude would be begrudgery.

Untrue does not equal biased by the way but hardly the issue here.

And the last bit you have posted is actually hilarious. When did I say I was up do date with the Tipp scene? I have no relatives from Tipp. I have a few friends there, like I do Limerick, Cork, Laois, Mayo and even Kilkenny would you believe. What I think you're referring to was that I was with a friend from Tipp at the Leinster Final (hence we were neutral) and that I noted that it doesn't seem Barry Kelly will get a fair appraisal of his performance from a good number of the Kilkenny contingent going by the reaction to his decisions that day.

Once again you managed to get the wrong end of the stick, you seem to have quite a talent for doing that fairplay to you. Still waiting for actual evidence of something that suggests I have a bias against Kilkenny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Lads, what the hell are ye talking about? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Lads, what the hell are ye talking about? :confused:

The Tipp, Kilkenny and Tipp v KK replay threads have decended into petty shíte that is just embarrassing at this stage. The better team won (unfortunately :) ) and hurling fans have been blessed with some of the finest performances in recent memory.

Can we not just enjoy this season for what it was and leave the childishness behind...
    CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Yeah - can't we all get along. This is going around in circles and getting embarrassing now. As the cool kids say Build a Bridge and Get over it.

Thread Closed and please don't try to resurrect the arguments on the county threads or the Mods will act.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement