Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work related issue

Options
  • 07-09-2014 7:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi

I have never used this form for communication before so bare with me.

[snipped] I was lucky enough to secure a short term contract (basically a temp) for a major organisation in Ireland. The work was hard policies and procedures had to be followed to the letter and I worked long hours. The department I was in was great, part of my work involved dealing with the very senior staff with in the organisation. There was chemistry between one of the senior staff (let's call them x) and myself that's all nothing happened, my contract within the organisation continued for [snipped] although temps were not usually extended [snipped] as this gives rights to a temp being made permanent, I was not made permanent and [snipped] I was told my contract was complete, [snipped] months later I was contacted and asked back, although to a different department for another [snipped] contract , i asked around regarding x and was told they had retired, while working in the current department a rumour seems to be going around that I am to be moved in to a more senior position where x was the senior staff member. I asked my manager if this was true and have been told they know nothing about it. Thing is this current contract is ending in a few days, this will not be extended as before, if this is just a rumour I'm unemployed probably for another Xmas should I go straight to hr and ask or just sit it out?

Would appreciate any thoughts on what to do.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,911 ✭✭✭JDxtra

So, in summary you are on a 6 month contract and what to know if it will be extended? So, yes - ask your manager or HR. You should assume it may not be renewed so start looking for other work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 lpwrzd5une26hj

JDxtra wrote: »
    So, in summary you are on a 6 month contract and what to know if it will be extended? So, yes - ask your manager or HR. You should assume it may not be renewed so start looking for other work.

The current 6 month contract is finishing will not be extended. How do you think I should ask HR, just say I've heard a rumour, can they confirm if there is any thing to it, this is not how people are employed within this company, there is usually a long drawn out process, they would definitely ask questions, I don't want to be party to gossip and I don't another Xmas with no heat in the house.

Advertisement