Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need advise re ebay purchase

Options
  • 07-09-2014 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hello people I am looking for advise on an issiue regarding a purchase on ebay last wedensday I purchased a laptop charger on ebay.ie which was despatched on thursday from waterford i recieved the charger on friday morning i turned on my laptop plugged in the new charger after half an hour my laptop suddenly shut down i then realised that the charger was extremly hot so i plugged it out left it cool down for about 35 - 40 minutes i then plugged the charger back into the wall socket And as i was plugging it into my laptop a big spark came from the charger and also a bang came from the charger aswell i got a terrible fright so i mmediately plugged everything out and after about an hour i got my old charger which was still in working order i tried to power on my laptop and no power what so ever was coming to my laptop it was then that I discoverd that maybe the Motorboard is blowen on the laptop due to the charger sparking up I immediately went onto ebay support and what had happend before i contacted the seller and support states that it may take up to 3 days for a reply so i didnt hear back from suppport yet so i contacted the seller they emailed back stating they were sorry about what happend and to forward them my name and address so that they can send me a new charger i taught this was a very smart answer from them so i mailed them back stating that i think they misread my message and i pointed out to them that their charger which obviously was faulty caused damage to my laptop and i felt that they should offer me a repair process to my laptop or replacment laptop i am just wanting to know if I am right here in stating this to them and as i done so i got another reply from them which stated the following our adapters are protected and should not harm anythings. they have over and short current protection. it means if there is something wrong the adapter simply cut off.
    in our SATEFTY PRECAUTIONS SECTION, its clearly mention the following
    (''As you will be the owner of this charger, this is your responsibility to take enough care while using this charger, if you feel or see anything unusual please stop using this product and contact us for professional assistant, Keep away from childrens, animals, heater and wet surfaces'')
    you should not use the adapter once you discover that the adapter was heating up, you should have contacted us for assistant,
    last question. did you try different adapter just to check if the laptop is coming on?
    Like how was i supposed to know that the charger was going to Blow up and nearly electricute me in the same process aswell and from experience with laptop chargers they do tend to get very hot in which i think is quite normal i am still waiting for ebay support to get back to me about this but all help and advise would be grateful here and sorry about the long post but i am really angry here as i now have no laptop

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement