Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ROKEBY & HAWKRIDGE [Article] Lucan estate full of €1.7m mansions remains a ghost town

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

sapper wrote: »
    Website is live with videos and floor plans - http://rokebypark.ie/
    It doesn't even exist yet; all photos of the houses are computer generated. Not really clear where this one will be located, if built.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭sapper

Some photos are CG (for the house types not built yet) but some are the actual houses ie. this one

http://rokebypark.ie/images/houses.jpg

They have about 6 or so completed now - the estate is located here http://rokebypark.ie/location.html

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

sapper wrote: »
    Some photos are CG (for the house types not built yet) but some are the actual houses ie. this one

http://rokebypark.ie/images/houses.jpg

They have about 6 or so completed now - the estate is located here http://rokebypark.ie/location.html

"A picturesque setting on the banks of the River Liffey"

When did on the banks mean 4 estates away.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭farrerg

Walk past these regularly, and they do look great, plus they're on much larger sites than Hawkridge were. The prices seem huge but i think they'll get it, probably a good few will be people moving from Laraghcon

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Aye, was looking at the site on Google maps, but it looks like it's too new.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

"A picturesque setting on the banks of the River Liffey"

When did on the banks mean 4 estates away.

Its just across Coldblow/Seniors actually- about 400m, no houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 yogi007

I went down to Rokeby last night. They are really nice, prices are big but I think their worth it. The interiors are stunning. There was two show houses open last night but there seems to be about another 6 which are close to finish

yogi007 wrote: »
    They are really nice, prices are big but I think their worth it.

FYI last week the ad was first published on myhome.ie with the "from" price tag of 650k, that was changed this week to "675k". Sherry Fitz said it was an error but I think shows how the prices were set ie. whatever someone is willing to pay. Fair play - thats how the luxury market works.

re. the interiors I dont like the fact that the kitchens are the same artichoke colour+white marble worktop you see in EVERY new build these days. As far as I know there is not allowance for carpets etc - so apart from the walls and the kitchen everything else is just for show

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Howdy folks, who's in the market for a big ol' mortgage?!

I'm going up to check these out later today, will let you know what I think of 'em

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

amdublin wrote: »
    Howdy folks, who's in the market for a big ol' mortgage?!

I'm going up to check these out later today, will let you know what I think of 'em

They are a bit out of the way, not a great location

• Advertisement

They are a bit out of the way, not a great location

Just across the road from St. Catherines- which is probably the best child friendly/family amenity in the country- and reasonable access to town in one direction- or Clonee in the other. Lucan itself is a serious issue (even for people on main street)- its been destroyed with badly prioritised traffic lights- esp. those under the control of Fingal Coco- who don't seem to care one iota about traffic coming other council areas (notably Lucan itself- which is in South Dublin Co. Co.'s area of control.)

Of all the developments I've seen- I'd argue that its in a far better location than most- and laid out impeccably- unlike the Laraghcon mess next door.

I've moved all the Rokeby and Hawkridge posts to this thread- please use this thread to discuss the relative merits of these two developments- and don't open additional new threads.......

Thankyou.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

St. Catherines- which is probably the best child friendly/family amenity in the country

That is not even close to being true but it is a nice park

Rew wrote: »
    That is not even close to being true but it is a nice park

I've a 4 and a 5 year old- we live in there when its not raining at the weekends. The fun they have there is indescribable.

I've a 4 and a 5 year old- we live in there when its not raining at the weekends. The fun they have there is indescribable.

I have 2 kids and 2 dogs and use it reasonably regularly and the playground OK but far from even the best in a 10 mile radius. The zipline is about the only thong unique about it. The dog park is the bare minimum they could could do which is better then nothing. The BMX park is impressive but not really part of Catherines Park.

Its a nice park but when you look at Marley Park for example it shows they have a long way to go. The entrance from the main road is dangerous as well. Ive seen one kid knocked down there crossing over from Rokeby/laraghcon direction. Seems to be some work on it recently so hopefully they will continue to improve it.

As for Rokeby, the hill up and down from the village would put me off from a traffic, walking and cycling perspective. Plenty of other nice houses for same or less with better gardens and better access to public transport, though might be harder to come by A rated ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Hig15

Hi, I am planning on purchasing in Hawkridge (Deposit down), I would be interested in talking with anyone else that is at the same stage i.e. from the other 7 houses,

It would be great to see if we can learn from each other,

Please direct message me,

thanks,
    Fergal

Hig15 wrote: »
    Hi, I am planning on purchasing in Hawkridge (Deposit down), I would be interested in talking with anyone else that is at the same stage i.e. from the other 7 houses,

It would be great to see if we can learn from each other,

Please direct message me,

thanks,
    Fergal

Once you move in and meet in person you could probably set up a fb community page.

Not sure what you want to learn before moving in. Seeing as you are going ahead with buying it etc.

http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/homes-and-property/new-homes-autumn-off-to-a-brisk-start-1.2391550
    Rokeby Park in Lucan, a new low density development of 71 sizeable A-rated detached homes by Michael O’ Flynn of O’Flynn Capital Partners, priced from €675,000 to €760,000, has recorded 15 sales through Sherry FitzGerald since its launch several weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 1pillar1

drove past the hawkridge houses this morning. roadworks outside and within. they must be nearly finished. have to say they are very impressive. Are there any left still for sale?

1pillar1 wrote: »
    drove past the hawkridge houses this morning. roadworks outside and within. they must be nearly finished. have to say they are very impressive. Are there any left still for sale?

16 sold so far- so that makes 45 odd still available.

• Advertisement

there are two houses still available in hawkridge afaik. lisney are the agents

there are two houses still available in hawkridge afaik. lisney are the agents

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

not hawkridge... Rokeby??

not hawkridge... Rokeby??

Yes- sorry, my bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 jamescullen

why are you asking if you know?

16 out of 71 leaves 55.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭pureirish

Does anyone know how well Rokeby is selling? Is phase 1 gone yet or is it selling slower than expected?

These have started showing up in the register now (links below)

59 Rokeby Park which I think is a "Kingfisher" advertised from EUR755k, selling here for 678,524.22 plus (presumably) 13.5% VAT = 770,125.

This one was bought in Oct but only appeared in the last few days I think.

And Hawkridge which sold out after a very low key campaign and is now also appearing on the register

1 Hawkridge is on a corner site and was the showhouse, carpets and curtains included - marketed @ minimum bid 710k actually sold for 771k (assuming 13.5% VAT not included on register)

And this one with no house number - sold for 668k which is probably one of the standard ones that had minimum bid of 665k

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ciaranwhyte

pureirish wrote: »
    Does anyone know how well Rokeby is selling? Is phase 1 gone yet or is it selling slower than expected?

I've recently purchased a house in Rokeby and exchanged contracts.. expect to be moving in in the next 4~6 weeks.

There are 16 houses being built in the first phase, with 6 still left for sale as and from yesterday. There is only one house occupied currently.

From talking to the builder, there are some deposits down on houses in the second phase. Houses in this price bracket are never going to fly out the door - most people will have to sell up in order to trade up to them, so they'll be a slow burner. But the quality of them will eventually sell them

• Advertisement

Good for you. Best of luck in your new home.

Advertisement