Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ROKEBY & HAWKRIDGE [Article] Lucan estate full of €1.7m mansions remains a ghost town

Options
12346»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

the quality of them will eventually sell them

At what price though?
    There was a down payment of 24 million given to the Stanley Brothers (Shannon Homes) just to connect up to the facilities at Hillsboro (now Laraghcon)- before any other costs at all entered the equation.
    Even if the average selling price is north of a million- they're being sold at a considerable loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ciaranwhyte

At what price though?
    There was a down payment of 24 million given to the Stanley Brothers (Shannon Homes) just to connect up to the facilities at Hillsboro (now Laraghcon)- before any other costs at all entered the equation.
    Even if the average selling price is north of a million- they're being sold at a considerable loss.

I have no first hand knowledge of the development costs. There are a few different type houses. The swan, of which there were 2 in the first phase, are both sold. The kingfisher, which is the one I bought, have a few remaining ranging between 760 and 800k. The bungalow show house opens on Saturday and is listed from 650.

What I can say, is that there is no indication or hint that this is a loss making development. No corners seem to be cut and from my dealings with the builder, they are happy to accommodate numerous changes at no cost what so ever.

I can't see the price rising between phases, any higher than they are now. And as a purchaser, I'm obviously hoping it won't fall. That said, this is a home, no6 an investment, so valuation is largely irrelevant

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ciaranwhyte

sapper wrote: »
    The houses looking over Boyle Motors will not have any special planting ie trees etc If I was going to drop 760k, I would wait until phase 2,3,4 which are further back and in some cases not overlooked. 4

Not true. The houses along Boyle motors, of which mine is 1, have mature trees planted along the length of the garden. Flynn have also painted and refurbished the large building in the garage.

Advertisement