Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom ADSL login & password details

Options
  • 07-09-2014 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

I need some help please...

I've had the same eircom broadband account for about 12-13 years (upgraded over the years). Except for the first usb eircom modem, I have only ever used the same modem.

On Wednesday 3/9, after a LONG and flawless service, the wireless part of my Netgear DG834G modem died. I wasn't unduly worried as I had a brand new Linksys WAG320N in the cupboard.
    Popped it out and configured it exactly as the Netgear (and the same as on Eircom website) - with one difference. The Eircom website gives the login details (the service login, not the modem login) as eircom@eircom.net and broadband1 as the password whereas on my modem the user name is my telephone number. 

UN/password (eircom@eircom.net/broadband1)
    VPI:8
    VCI:35
    Encapsulation = PPPoE
    Multiplexing =LLC

As I couldn't remember my password, I used the details on the website figuring that everything is now standardised and it should work.... LOL...was I so so wrong. 

On connection, I got a steady green DSL connect but a red light for internet access. Thinking that my modem might be at fault, I took it to work and configured it with the office details (vodafone) and it worked instantly.
    This weekend I contacted broadband support on 1890260260 and got put through to an agent in India. Apart that he kept on telling me that he doesn't support non-eircom modems (which I wasn't asking him to do), he assured me that the login details are indeed eircom@eircom.net and broadband1 as a password. 
    He would (or could) not understand that my current modem does not use those details (eircom etc). and possibly somewhere on my account it needs a reset. 
    Perhaps some very old accounts do not use the standard login/pwd. After spending some 35minutes on the phone with this guy, he purposefully threw the call down without coming even close to solving my problem ( I have lodged a complaint over the service).

Thinking that maybe it was still a problem on my side, I unearthed the old Eircom Prestige 630 usb modem and an eircom ZyXel Prestige 660 modem. Guess what - neither of these 2 modems connects with eircom@eircom.net etc. Same error. steady sync light but no access due to password issues. 
    Yet, if I reconnect my old modem, with its saved password and telephone number as a login, it works perfectly and I get approx 17Mb connections.

Can someone please tell me where do I go to sort out my login details? 
    I am really not prepared to contact India again (on a premium number) and get the same runaround. 

Any suggestion is welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Italia wrote: »
    I need some help please...

I've had the same eircom broadband account for about 12-13 years (upgraded over the years). Except for the first usb eircom modem, I have only ever used the same modem.

On Wednesday 3/9, after a LONG and flawless service, the wireless part of my Netgear DG834G modem died. I wasn't unduly worried as I had a brand new Linksys WAG320N in the cupboard.
    Popped it out and configured it exactly as the Netgear (and the same as on Eircom website) - with one difference. The Eircom website gives the login details (the service login, not the modem login) as eircom@eircom.net and broadband1 as the password whereas on my modem the user name is my telephone number. 

UN/password (eircom@eircom.net/broadband1)
    VPI:8
    VCI:35
    Encapsulation = PPPoE
    Multiplexing =LLC

As I couldn't remember my password, I used the details on the website figuring that everything is now standardised and it should work.... LOL...was I so so wrong. 

On connection, I got a steady green DSL connect but a red light for internet access. Thinking that my modem might be at fault, I took it to work and configured it with the office details (vodafone) and it worked instantly.
    This weekend I contacted broadband support on 1890260260 and got put through to an agent in India. Apart that he kept on telling me that he doesn't support non-eircom modems (which I wasn't asking him to do), he assured me that the login details are indeed eircom@eircom.net and broadband1 as a password. 
    He would (or could) not understand that my current modem does not use those details (eircom etc). and possibly somewhere on my account it needs a reset. 
    Perhaps some very old accounts do not use the standard login/pwd. After spending some 35minutes on the phone with this guy, he purposefully threw the call down without coming even close to solving my problem ( I have lodged a complaint over the service).

Thinking that maybe it was still a problem on my side, I unearthed the old Eircom Prestige 630 usb modem and an eircom ZyXel Prestige 660 modem. Guess what - neither of these 2 modems connects with eircom@eircom.net etc. Same error. steady sync light but no access due to password issues. 
    Yet, if I reconnect my old modem, with its saved password and telephone number as a login, it works perfectly and I get approx 17Mb connections.

Can someone please tell me where do I go to sort out my login details? 
    I am really not prepared to contact India again (on a premium number) and get the same runaround. 

Any suggestion is welcome.

Hi Italia

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing however I'm unable to offer a solution and further contact will be required with eircoms technical supoprt team.

I can confrim that the technical support centres are based in Dublin however eircom are an equal oppertunities employer. The technical support number of 1890260260 is charged low call rate and not a premium rate however you may find it easier to reach technical support via webchat here:

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]http://www.eircom.net/about/contact/[/font][font=Calibri","sans-serif]

Thanks
    Al[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Italia

Thanks for the reply Alan,

However, what I require, is not to speak to a frontline agent, but to someone who really knows what they're talking about. I work in the industry so know exactly how frontline telephone support works.
    I'll try livechat and see how far I get

Thanks for the reply Alan,

However, what I require, is not to speak to a frontline agent, but to someone who really knows what they're talking about. I work in the industry so know exactly how frontline telephone support works.
    I'll try livechat and see how far I get
    No worries Italia

There is a limit to the level of technical support eircom can offer with third party devices but hopefully they can assist.

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Italia

Hi Alan,

(this is also copied to the eircom forum) 

I did contact tech support via webchat.
    As I surmised it looks like the issue was a setting on your servers. As soon as I get home, I'll try the new settings and see.

A favour, please - I require a name & postal address (or email) where I can send my complaint about the call-centre agent. I am most definitely not satisfied with either his call-handling soft skills nor with his technical knowledge. I believe this needs to be addressed formally

thanks for the help so far

Hi Alan,

(this is also copied to the eircom forum) 

I did contact tech support via webchat.
    As I surmised it looks like the issue was a setting on your servers. As soon as I get home, I'll try the new settings and see.

A favour, please - I require a name & postal address (or email) where I can send my complaint about the call-centre agent. I am most definitely not satisfied with either his call-handling soft skills nor with his technical knowledge. I believe this needs to be addressed formally

thanks for the help so far
    Replied via eircom forum: http://bit.ly/1BmVspa

• Advertisement
Advertisement