Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda reserves

• 07-09-2014 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi all ðŸ‘. I done my medical on July 15th gone ,, now although I did pass everytin except 1 issue which I was told to go vincents nd get checked which I done last week coz Iv had to wait ages for app ,, I was givin the all clear and am waiting on letter from them to send to the garda medical people ,, I'm in limbo now nd duno what r wen will I start training ,, was any1 on the medical that day nd passed that cud help me with info ,, thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭coolock94

Hi I'm waiting on my medical, I'm 20 and physically fit just wondering what did the medical test consist of ?

Hi I'm waiting on my medical, I'm 20 and physically fit just wondering what did the medical test consist of ?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 fathead 241188

coolock94 wrote: »

Hey well it's obviously little different for men nd women but some of it's the same ,, you have hearing test which was ok nd sight test and then you have to give ur one sample ,, blood pressure is checked then weight height nd blood pressure ,, then it's kit off for examination by doc just to make sure you have all your body parts nd no xtra 1s ðŸ‘hope this helps but don't worry you will fly it ðŸ˜႒

Hey thanks for ur help, that's grand think I'll have to bulk up tho ha

Ah dont worry ,, have you heard anytin when ur medical is???

• Advertisement

No I have not but I emailed the reserve office yesterday just waiting on a reply now. I'm staying hopeful, how old are you if you don't mind me asking ? And how long since you sent your br form off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Lads there's a reserve recruitment forum here you might more info there

-KERSPLAT!

No I have not but I emailed the reserve office yesterday just waiting on a reply now. I'm staying hopeful, how old are you if you don't mind me asking ? And how long since you sent your br form off.

I'm 25 eh tink I done the br form about year ago then had interview with super in Wicklow town bout 6 months ago then medical last month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

As long as you are in the healthy bmi range, you needn't worry about bulking up.

Okay cheers, I'm in the average for my height and weight for the bmi so that's a relieve. Best of luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭tg123

Excellent report just published . Some radical changes for AGS and a new dawn for the Reserve if the recommendations come into effect

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Copaholic

tg123 wrote: »
    Excellent report just published . Some radical changes for AGS and a new dawn for the Reserve if the recommendations come into effect

Havent seen the report, what changes for the reserves would it mean if comes into effect ?

Advertisement