Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good spot for lunch?

Options
  • 07-09-2014 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Looking for a reasonably priced lunch in dundalk , do left bank still do the 10 euro menu ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭tenifan

Snoddy wrote: »
    Looking for a reasonably priced lunch in dundalk , do left bank still do the 10 euro menu ?

I don't remember a €10 lunch menu. .. here's their site.

http://www.leftbankbistro.com/menus/lunch-menu

I like the chicken stack in the windsor. Their lunch menu is reasonable, but if you pop in around 3pm you'll find it's the more expensive evening menu and I'm not sure it's worth it when the likes of the Lisdoo and the malthouse have reasonably priced barfood all day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

tenifan wrote: »
    I don't remember a €10 lunch menu. .. here's their site.

http://www.leftbankbistro.com/menus/lunch-menu

Wrong site there :P

http://www.leftbankdundalk.com/

Riva on Earl Street isn't a bad spot for lunch, menus is a little bit limited.
    Market Bar is top class though, always great food.

KeithM89 wrote: »
    Wrong site there :P

http://www.leftbankdundalk.com/

Riva on Earl Street isn't a bad spot for lunch, menus is a little bit limited.
    Market Bar is top class though, always great food.

duh. google wasn't my friend.

Looks like the Left Bank are trying to re-invent themselves a little. Still, there's something unsettling about the Left Bank. I tried it a few times and when they're doing offers it's reasonable, but I think the owner has a bit of an attitude problem and it flows down to the staff.

I've heard of someone buying from the expensive set menu (€30 or so), and asking to substitute an item from the less expensive menu (say €20). When the bill came they were charged a-la-carte prices for each item, so over €40!

Also, the "grill" menu isn't exactly tempting. It's just "buy plain cod, then spend twice as much on sides that may or may not go with it." The likes of the market bar do some nice dishes at lunchtime without you having to hobble together the sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Snoddy

Love the market bar although we've only ever gone at night time !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

saw the new left bank signage whilst stuck in traffic other day. what are they thinking!???? it looks like signage on a cheap pop up burger joint!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

Bad management seems to be the only thing holding back the Left Bank. I've always enjoyed the food and the premises itself is nice, but cheapening its brand into becoming some grill joint and a reputation for moody upper staff put me off going again.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,921 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The lunch in the Lisdoo is nice.
    The only problem is that the vegetables never change. Always carrots and cabbage.

The Malthouse and the Park restaurant can be nice however the Park is carvery and i don't like queueing.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Snoddy

Where is the park ?

I'll give left bank a miss , I've only eaten there at night too
    And it's been a while !

Snoddy wrote: »
    Where is the park ?

I'll give left bank a miss , I've only eaten there at night too
    And it's been a while !

Retail Park beside Elvery Sports. Free parking too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭LCD

Jockeys always good. Also Coachmans, very nice but a bit out of town, on the road out to Castlebellingham

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭blingrhino

LCD wrote: »
    Jockeys always good. Also Coachmans, very nice but a bit out of town, on the road out to Castlebellingham

jockeys probably best lunch in town alright- was the coachmans not closed
    down recently by the food authority ?

blingrhino wrote: »
    jockeys probably best lunch in town alright- was the coachmans not closed
    down recently by the food authority ?

It seems that it was only closed because of the bad colour of the water in the taps due to something outside their control in fairness to them. Closed for a day until the problem was rectified I was told.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

+1 on the Jockeys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

Jackies at the square.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Mrs W

traprunner wrote: »
    Jackies at the square.

Tried it last week for the first time and it was fab, so reasonable too.
    We had eggs florentine that even cane with chips plus soup and salad, it came to €9!
    I love the market bar and Riva too, used to love the left bank but you nearly feel like they're doing you a favour serving you and I think they're very scabby with their prices and everything being extra

where or what is jackies at the square??

Jackies at the square, massive menu and it all looks great. Will definitely be trying it again when I'm off this diet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭cargo

where or what is jackies at the square??
    Mrs W wrote: »
    Jackies at the square, massive menu and it all looks great. Will definitely be trying it again when I'm off this diet!

As BP said above, where exactly is Jackies on the Square?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

There is no Jackies at the Square!

• Advertisement

traprunner wrote: »
    Jackies at the square.
    Tried it last week for the first time and it was fab, so reasonable too.
    We had eggs florentine that even cane with chips plus soup and salad, it came to €9!
    I love the market bar and Riva too, used to love the left bank but you nearly feel like they're doing you a favour serving you and I think they're very scabby with their prices and everything being extra
    There is no Jackies at the Square!

My head is getting sore.... Whats the story here?

Jackies cafe beside Specsavers/apache/fish shop at the square

Jackies cafe beside Specsavers/apache/fish shop at the square

Ah I know the place you are talking about now.

oh! at the square is it???? ;p

oh! at the square is it???? ;p

I had no idea what that place was called. Only ever had a coffee in there once but didnt know the name even though I go into Morgans next door for fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭wilson10

Have lunch in Dundalk only 3 or 4 times a year, would never pass Mcgeoughs, opposite the Cathederal, lovely grub.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 M.A.G

I'd find it hard to pass Riva or The Foodhouse for lunch,soup and sambos are amazing in both places.
    Anybody been to Relish Yet? I went on Thursday for lunch and was very disappointed.Was really looking forward to it as have heard great things,but thought it was very very expensive and a tad pretentious.Found the service very forced and slow.Deli/takeaway prices are a laugh,celtic tiger prices.6.50 for a take away sandwich with 3 fillings is a joke.Not even made to order just lifted out of the deli counter.I really think this place will struggle when the initial fuss dies down unless they review their pricing.

Was on Ruby yesterday. Had been in a few times for desert and it was nice. Had a meal there yesterday and once again very nice. Reasonable prices too.

tenifan wrote: »
    Was on Ruby yesterday. Had been in a few times for desert and it was nice. Had a meal there yesterday and once again very nice. Reasonable prices too.

Where is that restaurant called Ruby?

• Advertisement

Where is that restaurant called Ruby?

Francis St, where the Metz used to be.

Advertisement