Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good spot for lunch?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

Jockeys.....
    Nuff Said, Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnext..

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭nilsonmickey

I had a lovely lunch in flanagans yesterday. Keen prices and plenty of food

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

ardle1 wrote: »
    Jockeys.....
    Nuff Said, Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnext..

It depends on what you want for lunch. The people in the Jockeys are lovely and I believe their food is tasty but the menu is not what I want for lunch. McAteers foodhall for me or the Windsor.

I had a lovely lunch in flanagans yesterday. Keen prices and plenty of food

Where's Flanagan's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭tenifan

Where's Flanagan's?

It's a Mace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

It depends on what you want for lunch. The people in the Jockeys are lovely and I believe their food is tasty but the menu is not what I want for lunch. McAteers foodhall for me or the Windsor.

Went there for breakfast recently, geezer I was with is mad about the place. 10am and he ordered the Trifle ! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

The Century Bar are to reopen for lunch times soon so keep an eye out, the planned menu from what ive seen I think will be ideal for lunch when time can be a bit short!!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Mrs W

I used to love the century! Hopefully it's as good as it used to be

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Has anybody been to the tennis club for lunch yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭cargo

No but I see soup and sambo special for €5 so I'll be having some of that soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,921 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

What's their menu like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Little out of town but I just posted in the Starbucks thread a little about Cafe Acqua which is really great for a spot of lunch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭gunny558

Yeah the tennis club cafe is great. 5 euro for a soup and sandwhich and you get a salad with it too. You cant go wrong. The staff are very friendly and on the ball and the seating is very comfortable. Oh and if you like a nice coffee and something sweet.... this is just the place.

Now if your looking for a carvary lunch Id probably recommend the plaza. Im actually kinda suprised that it hasnt been mentioned already. You get a great lunch, friendly staff, reasonable prices and free parking. The only gripe is its so far from the town centre..... but if you can overlook that its perfect for a carvary.

Aye, carvery in the plaza is lovely. The roast beef is stupidly nice. I've never actually eaten in though, only take-away. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

As of Monday the Century Bar is up and running with a new lunchtime menu. Ive not seen the absolute details myself but tis a place always worth checking out for food and now back doing lunchtimes. On past rep tis worth a whirl and I dont think i'm being biased:P

Nesta99 wrote: »
    As of Monday the Century Bar is up and running with a new lunchtime menu. Ive not seen the absolute details myself but tis a place always worth checking out for food and now back doing lunchtimes. On past rep tis worth a whirl and I dont think i'm being biased:P

I think it's someone new in there now also. I heard a name but I can't remember at the minute. Should be worth checking out. Used to do a fine lamb shank...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Got lunch to take away from Leaf restaurant in the old shopping centre (new tesco) yesterday. Really good and ridiculously cheap at just a fiver. You get a cardbox box and you can put whatever you want in it from the carvery selection. Luckily I didn't have far to go home so food was still hot but I'd imagine it wouldn't stay hot for too long in the cardbox box.

Pighead wrote: »
    Got lunch to take away from Leaf restaurant in the old shopping centre (new tesco) yesterday. Really good and ridiculously cheap at just a fiver. You get a cardbox box and you can put whatever you want in it from the carvery selection. Luckily I didn't have far to go home so food was still hot but I'd imagine it wouldn't stay hot for too long in the cardbox box.

What was in the box?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

What was in the box?
    hope it wasnt pork!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

What was in the box?
    Carrots(magnificent texture), green beans (with a hint of garlic), delicious garlic potatoes, wonderful wedges and the coup de grace- a lovely lasagne. I really don't know how they can do it for a fiver.

• Advertisement

Pighead wrote: »
    Carrots(magnificent texture), green beans (with a hint of garlic), delicious garlic potatoes, wonderful wedges and the coup de grace- a lovely lasagne. I really don't know how they can do it for a fiver.

Excellent value. I'll be trying that place :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 bax1971

Hi, this place looks like a girlie hangout but the food is great and reasonably priced. Cosy and the service is great. I noticed the last few times I was in, the gentlemen rather like it too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

bax1971 wrote:
    Hi, this place looks like a girlie hangout but the food is great and reasonably priced. Cosy and the service is great. I noticed the last few times I was in, the gentlemen rather like it too 

Are we supposed to guess??

It's the header on the post!

BP they are talking about Ruby's on Francis Street. It's in the header title on the post. If you are on a mobile device or only reading the email version you might not see it.

Was in it once or twice for lunch and didnt think anything special about it but I know MrsCargo goes from time to time with work colleagues ad its always busy and says the food is good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 bax1971

I did give the name in my heading - Ruby's on Francis Street and the forum is about good places to eat in Dundalk!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 M.A.G

Meh,think Rubys is just ok.Nothing wrong with it,but nothing wow either.

Ruby's is really just a coffee /tea shop. I wouldn't rate it as a lunch venue at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Thank u cargo for clarifying. Apologies OP, on a device.

I don't like ruby's. Wanted to but was disappointed in a group visit by the both the food and service. Great location and decor but just doesn't hit the mark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭whereto now

Had lunch in the Market Bar last week, had'nt been in there in years !!! Really good and not overly expensive, very nice staff too, I can't wait to go back....good house coffee for 1.50... can't beat that !!!

Advertisement