Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good spot for lunch?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 M.A.G

I've been to the Market bar a couple of times for food,always really enjoyed what i got and has a great atmosphere.Must go soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Also like Market bar. Nice variety of food. Always interesting specials.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭mada999

Has anybody been to the tennis club for lunch yet?

yeah i've been.... decent good price... nice looking onto the tennis pitches.. i'd say it would be great in the summer :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Relish (think it only opened recently) on the outskirts of town beside St Vincents school is very nice. Great value for money too.

Have to say,i didn't think much of Relish. I tried it twice,once for breakfast and once for lunch. Found it very pretentious. Breakfast,very average and got caeser wrap for lunch and noticed they're all pre made.God knows how long it was there,really put me off.Service far too slow as well. There's far better restaurants in town and i don't think i'd go back to Relish,found it over priced as well.
    Must try the tennis club.
    Anyone tried Grande yet??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,921 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Where is Grande?

New Italian beside Kingfisher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Agree Relish is not great. Service was slow and the food only average and they certainly are ostentatious. On one occasion we were seated beside a children's play area with loud kids running loose - whose bright idea was that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Where's the best place around Dundalk for Sunday lunch?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

toby2111 wrote:
    Where's the best place around Dundalk for Sunday lunch?

Depends what u want in a lunch really. If its basic carvery, in my opinion u can't go wrong in the lisdoo for both sit in and take out. I've rarely been disappointed by the service or food ( don't order the scampi on the regular bar menu but that's another post) The fact that they seat you is a plus too! fast and efficient.

• Advertisement

. If its basic carvery, in my opinion u can't go wrong in the lisdoo for both sit in and take out.
    I like the lisdoo bar menu & restaurant but not mad about carvery. Would like a sit down Sunday lunch. Heard fitzpatricks is nice but too pricey for me!

Darver Castle does a great sunday lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

M.A.G wrote: »
    I've been to the Market bar a couple of times for food,always really enjoyed what i got and has a great atmosphere.Must go soon :)

Where is this place located?

Darver Castle does a great sunday lunch.
    Just looked at their menu, looks lovely.
    A friend also recommended Jackies. Spoilt for choice now!

Anyone know if Riva Brasserie does a good Sunday lunch? Menu looks decent...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭cargo

macadam wrote: »
    Where is this place located?

Just off the square on Clanbrassil Street between Ulster Bank and AIB. Used to be "Cheers" in a (very) different life. Tapas style menu with a few daily specials.

toby2111 wrote: »
    Just looked at their menu, looks lovely.
    A friend also recommended Jackies. Spoilt for choice now!

Jackie's is just OK for food but the place is dark and lifeless.

Jackie's is just OK for food but the place is dark and lifeless.
    Yeh, think we'll try Riva. Have you been there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

toby2111 wrote: »
    Anyone know if Riva Brasserie does a good Sunday lunch? Menu looks decent...
    Riva do Sunday lunch. It is excellent, they do 3 courses for around €23.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,921 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Depends what u want in a lunch really. If its basic carvery, in my opinion u can't go wrong in the lisdoo for both sit in and take out. I've rarely been disappointed by the service or food ( don't order the scampi on the regular bar menu but that's another post) The fact that they seat you is a plus too! fast and efficient.

Poor selection of veg though.
    Always carrots and cabbage.
    Nothing else.

• Advertisement

Peter File wrote: »
    Riva do Sunday lunch. It is excellent, they do 3 courses for around €23.
    Yeh, was lovely. I had 3 courses, she had 2 and our 2 year old ate free. Service a bit slow considering it wasn't packed. Food very nice though so I'll be back. Might try their 5 course dinner I saw advertised in there.... Maybe next pay day!

Advertisement