Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

electric Ireland prepay meter

Options
  • 08-09-2014 1:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a prepay meter installed in February 2013 it (internal meter) recently stopped working with error messages saying "no comms" "low money" "no credit". I called CS and over a period of three days and was told to do the following (repeatedly on each call!)
    1 unplug meter allow battery to run out then plug in
    2 move it closer go the external meter
    3 move it away from external meter
    4 I was told it wont work if I plug it in on a Saturday because the server or something wont be on on the weekend ... I have the day and time I had this ridiculous conversation too btw

After losing the plot (not at CS, just me and the meter) I called again (on a Monday so all those computers that get the weekends off would be back on) and this guy told me "we don't fix/repair/replace them anymore .... ring the ESB". Gave the esb a call and they said they are having an issue with the manufacturers and are no longer taking responsibility for them.

So after all this I decided I will just top it up by the external meter, this is just a hop over my neighbours wall BUT now my neighbour has told me that I am not allowed in his garden unless I ask him prior to each entry *sigh* I am now nervous about topping up my meter as I hate confrontation. I haven't a clue how much is left on it as I can't go look...

Any one know what I can do? Electric ireland, esb and neighbour all seem it have a problem while I am investing in candles for when the emergency credit runs out.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭EI: Aoife O

Hi Pretty Pink,

Thank you for contacting us with this query, I'm sorry to read of the difficulty you've had resolving your issue. We'll certainly look into this for you, could you please PM with your Electric Ireland account number, full name, address and contact number? Please also confirm if you are the account holder.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Pretty Pink

Hi Pretty Pink,

Thank you for contacting us with this query, I'm sorry to read of the difficulty you've had resolving your issue. We'll certainly look into this for you, could you please PM with your Electric Ireland account number, full name, address and contact number? Please also confirm if you are the account holder.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

Still waiting on a reply after I mailed you.
    My electricity went today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Pretty Pink,

Sorry about the delay. I have been in touch with the department your query was sent to, and they are looking into your query but I have advised them of the above update from you.

I will have an update for you tomorrow.

Regards,
    Una

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi again Pretty Pink,

I have sent you a private message.

Regards,
    Una

Advertisement