Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Educational Psychologist

Options
  • 08-09-2014 3:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all,
    I have a B.ED and I am interested in becoming an Educational Psychologist. I was told that I would have to do an undergraduate degree in Psychology first and then the MA in Ed. Psychology. I was wondering does anyone know if this is always the case, or would an application for the MA be considered because I have a B.ED?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 angelj

I think an undergrad in Psychology with at least a 2:2 is mandatory. Check with UCD, UL and Queen's Belfast which all have postgrad Ed. Psych courses- some are 2 years, but will be going to 3 years Doctorate in near future. Hope that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭innad

You could do a PGDip in Psychology, which is a two-year conversion course for people who already have a first degree in something else, and fulfils the same criteria as an undergraduate degree in Psychology would.

Advertisement