Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attn WHVs/Child Care Professionals: Au Pair Position Soon Available

Options
  • 08-09-2014 4:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm currently working as a live in au-pair in a North Brisbane suburb, about 30-40 mins outside of the city. I finish up in about 2 months, as I'm returning to Ireland for further study.

My employer will be looking to fill this position soon so, with her consent of course, I'm just putting it out there to any interested parties.

A little about the position:

Its a live in au pair/nanny position for a minimum of 4 months.

A car, all costs covered inclusive of fuel, is included, as well as bed and board. There is also a weekly wage (if interested PM me and I'll let you know what it is). You have your own ensuite double bedroom with a tv. Theres a pool on the property too.

There are three kids, a 7 y/o girl and twin 5 y/o boys. The hours are Mon-Fri, 6.30-8.30 and 3-5.30/6 (realistically its 2.30-5.45).

Responsibilities are: preparation of the children's meals and school lunches, washing and ironing of school uniforms, dropping and collecting the children to the nearby school, doing homework with the kids and the general care and wellbeing of the kids whilst in your care.

I will say it takes a few weeks to adjust to living in someone else's home which is also your place of work, but overall the perks are decent.
    I have been to save a decent amount of money whilst having a car and weekends to myself. I'm on a WHV myself and seen what I wanted to see of Oz before I took this position.

If you are interested, do PM and I'll give you more info, should you want to know more.

Cheers guys,

L.

Advertisement