Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ireland v Scotland odi

Options
  • 08-09-2014 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 39,570 ✭✭✭✭

Ireland won toss and fielding. Scotland 15-0 after 3 overs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭minitrue

"We’re experiencing some technical difficulties here at Malahide - the Live Stream will be up and running shortly!"
    http://www.cricketireland.ie/news/article/live-ireland-v-scotland-1st-odi
    25/1 from 6, Cross 9 ct †SW Poynter off Sorenson

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Are they actually live streaming it or have they gone with their defintiion of "live steam" again which is just text updates?

http://www.cricketireland.ie/news/article/ireland-v-scotland-series-to-be-live-streamed-by-quiputv
    So it certainly should be a live video feed ... but for now "technical difficulties" seem to apply.
    http://www.cricketscotland.com/news/article/ireland-v-scotland-live1/ has the youtube video embedded but it's not working for me yet either so I don't think those difficulties have been resolved yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,570 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

55-3 now

95-5 after 24 ovs

• Advertisement

172 all out after 40.3 overs. Young 5-46 off 10. 2 each for Sorenson and McBrine and the last for Thompson. KOB winning the economy rates bowling 4 overs for 8 runs.

This is again close to our 2nd XI, Porterfield, Stirling, Joyce, Wilson, NOB all missing from the batting line up (Murtagh missing with the ball and Dockrell not playing) so chances now for some of the others fighting to get into the WC squad of 15 to make their case with the bat. Balbirnie and Anderson opening and Balbirnie just carefully negotiates the first over for a maiden.

Still no sign of any life from the stream :(

Stupid rule that has them batting before lunch

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

If the weather stays as it is I'm hoping to head over on Wednesday afternoon. Hope whoever bats first makes full use of their 50 overs or it could be all over by the time I get there ....

The stream is up now anyway (my fussy locked down browser may have been stopping me realising that as soon as I could).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLqMlm8mncM

Or via the cricket ireland or scotland sites.

544 watching now ... and climbing ;)

Bit of a walk in the park in the end. KOB 56* off 56 from #4 to see it home with Thomson 35* off 36 from #5 after a Balbirnie 38 of the first 93 from 82 balls kept it together after Anderson (9) fell early with the score on 11 and 16 from A Poynter had seen us to 50. Ended up finishing it in 36.4 overs.

Pretty impressive from a side with probably only KOB who would feel confident to be in the 1st choice XI (though obviously a few of the others would make it I wouldn't try and guess which ones).

Dockrell it seems was injured but has hope of being back for Wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

McBrine and Young were impressive bowlers.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Scotland 11-3 - could be all over by the time I get there ...

... and now 40-4 in the 12th

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

Decent recovery by Scotland to 221.

Ireland progressing nicely to 125-3 off 26 overs.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭axe2grind

Going to be tough to close this out. Plenty of overs in hand but just lost 2 wickets.

36 runs required, only 3 wickets left.

oh me of little faith.

Mooney and Sorensen get a few fours and brings it home with 5 overs to spare.

axe2grind wrote: »
    oh me of little faith.

Mooney and Sorensen get a few fours and brings it home with 5 overs to spare.

I'd summarise it that Ireland crawled to victory. But having said that as the 7th wicket fell, Scotland could see the game changing, another quick wicket and who knows.....

Still it is important to close out the victory, 2-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭cookie24

on a slightly related note, it has been a good few days for the Irish in the county championship...

murtagh: 5/106 and 5/86
    joyce: 137 and 2nd innings to come
    porterfiled: 46 and 2nd innings to come
    n o brien: 119 and 2nd innings to come
    wilson: 77 and 2nd innings to come

Sterling got 16 in the 1st innings. Am I forgetting anyone? (not including morgan)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

cookie24 wrote: »
    on a slightly related note, it has been a good few days for the Irish in the county championship...

murtagh: 5/106 and 5/86
    joyce: 137 and 2nd innings to come
    porterfiled: 46 and 2nd innings to come
    n o brien: 119 and 2nd innings to come
    wilson: 77 and 2nd innings to come

Sterling got 16 in the 1st innings. Am I forgetting anyone? (not including morgan)

Peter Chase.
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/county-cricket-2014/engine/match/692845.html

Doing ok for Durham in his second first class game for the first team.

Took five against a quality Notts line up in his debut last week also.

It's been a great summer for Ed Joyce.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5vzpHscPO4

3rd one day live on cricket Ireland's youtube tv channel.

ODI best for Mooney, great innings, just done a reverse sweep for 6!!

187/7, still 6 overs to bat. they'll want Mooney to bat out

Ouch. Ul Mooney caught on 96 on the second last ball of the over

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Could do with a wicket here; this is all too comfortable for them at the moment.

Advertisement