Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cloud Careers Programme

Options
  • 08-09-2014 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine has got to the second interview stage of this:http://www.isa-skillnet.com/cloud-careers-programme/
    It looks like he might be offered a place on it but he is not sure if he should take it. I read that 90% of participants are employed after it but it sounds a bit too good to be true.
    I just want to know if there is anybody here who has done the course and if it is any good? Apologies if I am in the wrong forum.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

lukin wrote: »
    A friend of mine has got to the second interview stage of this:http://www.isa-skillnet.com/cloud-careers-programme/
    It looks like he might be offered a place on it but he is not sure if he should take it. I read that 90% of participants are employed after it but it sounds a bit too good to be true.
    I just want to know if there is anybody here who has done the course and if it is any good? Apologies if I am in the wrong forum.

I haven't done the course but he'll be a fool not to do it. It says you could achieve the following industry certs after the 9 months

• VCP - VMware Certificate Professional
    • CompTia Network+
    • EMCISA
    • Sonicwall Network Security
    It is worth it for the VCP cert alone, training for that in Ireland is 'bout €2000 and you must do the course before you can be certified. He'll get that for nothing if he passes the exam. It's a highly sought after cert in IT

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

Krusader wrote: »
    I haven't done the course but he'll be a fool not to do it. It says you could achieve the following industry certs after the 9 months

• CompTia Network+
    • EMCISA
    It is worth it for the VCP cert alone, training for that in Ireland is 'bout €2000 and you must do the course before you can be certified. He'll get that for nothing if he passes the exam. It's a highly sought after cert in IT

Feck it sorry, I didn't see this until now. He was offered a place and he has accepted. It'll be fairly intense though, they cram a lot of stuff into a short space of time. Thanks for the info regarding VCP, I will pass it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭STEINBERG

Yep i done the course, currently in work placement now...

The training is intense,, really intense but the amount of knowledge gained is immense. The training instructors we had were top notch and i mean top notch.. Can i ask what company he got a placement in? PM me if you like

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

Thanks for the reply Steinberg, pm sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Krusader wrote: »
    • CompTia Network+
    • EMCISA
    Housemate is on the course. Sonicwall was dropped for some reason.

• Advertisement
Advertisement