Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apps and games for 3year old

Options
  • 08-09-2014 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭

Apologies if there is a duplicate thread for this or if its in the wrong forum.

Heading out a long haul flight (17 hours in total) this week with our 3 year old and looking to see if anyone can recommend any Apps and games for android that might help alleviate the boredom for her that we mightnt have heard of. She has a lot of jigsaw and colouring apps but im wondering if anyone knows of any really good apps that we mightnt have heard of....preferably free!

Also if anyone has any other advice on trying to alleviate the boredom for her would be much appreciated. Aside from the tablet we have lots of books \ magazines \ toys \ snacks and the airline has interactive screen in front of her with lots of cartoons and kids movies on there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,299 ✭✭✭ariana`

Traditional board games in travel sizes - Snakes & Ladders, Guess Who etc.

Card games, for example does she like Peppa Pig? This set has 4 different games (i've seen this in other popular pre-school characters also eg Fireman Sam etc.)
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Peppa-Pig-Giant-Playing-Cards/dp/B000OQG810

DVD player and favourite dvds.

We're holding off on tablets and games consoles until our kids are older so i can't recommend any of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Cheers yeh we have board games and snap cards and stuff , although she much prefers using the tablet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,299 ✭✭✭ariana`

allybhoy wrote: »
    Cheers yeh we have board games and snap cards and stuff , although she much prefers using the tablet

Really? That's my fear and the reason i'm trying to hold off with my 4yo, he doesn't know what he's missing :D

Tablet's probably a lot easier for travelling, just one gadget, instead of all the bits n pieces i brought on a long flight recently :rolleyes:

The time tends to go quick enough on flights with all the interruptions - meals, lights on/lights off, duty free, collecting the rubbish and so on. G'luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

might be a bit late, but check out dr. panda games (most are free on android), or 'edukidsroom'. the lego duplo ones are also great. our son (almost 3) loves the kindle/ipad, and since he doesn't watch tele we let him play with these. :o

kindle is a life saver for any sort of travel or situation where you know you'll have to wait somewhere (doctors, restaurant, etc....).

also sticker books are great, our son loves them too. you get those cheap in dealz or the pound shop! ;)

Advertisement