Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel for Anniversary

Options
  • 08-09-2014 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I'm coming on 6 years with the missus now and was wondering if anyone could recommend some good reasonably cheap hotels just for 1 or 2 nights.

Last year we went to the Gibson and i really liked it, 200-300 for 1 night but was worth it, the room was excellent and everything apart from the restaurant was brilliant.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭markpb

You can't go wrong with the Clontarf Castle Hotel or the Shelbourne.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

What's the pricing like on them bad boys? Were also looking for something more modern, only in the 20's so Shelbourne wouldn't be for the missus i wouldn't say.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Would you not head foreign?

The price you are thinking of paying would get you a nice city break.

Birneybau wrote: »
    Would you not head foreign?

The price you are thinking of paying would get you a nice city break.

The price would be 200-300 really, i work mon-fri so it can only be a 1-2 day thing as well, what did you have in mind?

The price would be 200-300 really, i work mon-fri so it can only be a 1-2 day thing as well, what did you have in mind?

Well, London, Edinburgh, Berlin. Could fly over after work Friday, stay two nights, fly back Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

If you would like something that bit different, but full of character, try The Schoolhouse Hotel on Northumberland Rd. The food in the restaurant is really good as well.

Well, London, Edinburgh, Berlin. Could fly over after work Friday, stay two nights, fly back Sunday.

Flight's food and accommodation for 2 nights? 200-300 quid???
    K.Flyer wrote: »
    If you would like something that bit different, but full of character, try The Schoolhouse Hotel on Northumberland Rd. The food in the restaurant is really good as well.

Cheers i'll have a look at it

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

how about The Morgan, Temple Bar?

Flight's food and accommodation for 2 nights? 200-300 quid???

Sorry for taking your thread off topic, thought you just meant accommodation for 2-300 quid. You could get to and stay in Edinburgh for 2 nights for that. Just don't eat or drink :D

kceire wrote: »
    how about The Morgan, Temple Bar?

Looks quite good actually will put it on the shortlist ha cheers
    Sorry for taking your thread off topic, thought you just meant accommodation for 2-300 quid. You could get to and stay in Edinburgh for 2 nights for that. Just don't eat or drink :D

No bother, it's not really that big of a deal so we are going with the 200-300 limit! Cheers tho

• Advertisement
Advertisement