Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paul Simon and Sting - 3Arena - April 7th

Options
  • 08-09-2014 11:44am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭

PAUL SIMON & STING
    ON STAGE TOGETHER
    EUROPEAN TOUR IN 2015 ANNOUNCED

European tour to launch in March 2015
    3ARENA – APRIL 7th
    Tickets on Sale this Friday, September 12, 2014

Tickets for 3Arena, Dublin show are priced from €39.05 incl. booking fee and available from Ticketmaster outlets and online at www.ticketmaster.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭peterobrien100

That ticket price seems to good to be true from Euro 39.50 I certainly hope so ! Not a big fan of Paul Simon but love Sting !:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭SteM

Wonder will there be presale tickets for this from Three.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Couldn't believe it when I saw the ticket price, 39euro is a bargain and too good to be true.
    I went on ticketmaster and its says 39-155 euro....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

No way I'm missing this. Love both of these guys, but somehow have not see Simon in concert yet. Sting on the other hand I saw on his Symphonicity tour and he is brilliant live. His voice is phenomenal.

Ticket prices are unusually reasonable too... what's that about?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

SteM wrote: »
    Wonder will there be presale tickets for this from Three.

Three sent me a text the other day confirming they're giving Three customers presale ticket access. Probably will sell out fast, wonder how bad the 39 quid tickets are

• Advertisement

No way I'm missing this. Love both of these guys, but somehow have not see Simon in concert yet. Sting on the other hand I saw on his Symphonicity tour and he is brilliant live. His voice is phenomenal.

If its anything like the last Paul Simon gig in the o2 then they'll be about 20 seats in the nose bleeds at 39euro and the rest will be expensive!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Be tempted to go to this if they dropped Sting

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭SteM

Toobz wrote: »
    Three sent me a text the other day confirming they're giving Three customers presale ticket access. Probably will sell out fast, wonder how bad the 39 quid tickets are

Yeah, I got that too and then a message about registering for Morrisey tickets. Nothing about this yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

155 for top end ticket is outrageously expensive though.
    Wont be many 39 euro tickets I'd imagine.
    Average ticket price will be well over 100 euro ,the prices of tickets on the rest of the European leg are exhorbitant ,60-270 euro for the Polish gig for example :eek:.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Why are they touring together?! I'd like to see Paul Simon but have no interest in seeing Sting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

155 for top end ticket is outrageously expensive though.[...]

That's not the top end ticket, that is only the higher end of the worst category:

Here's the scenario I expect (the price tiers are taken from the ticketmaster website, the seating locations mentioned are taken from similary priced events from the past):

Sh1t tier seats (Standard tickets):
    €39.05 - €155.00
    (Means sideview of the stage in the very last rows, the €39 will be rearview/partially blocked view seats)

Decent seats (Hot Ticket Package):
    €190.00 - €244.00
    (Tiered seating row 10 or worse)

Great seats (Ultimate Front Row Package):
    €499.00
    (means rows better than 10 and flat seating, however, since these premium club members will have first shot at them you still don't get the real front row for that price).

Best seats (premium / audi club members only):
    about €10,000 per year
    (access to front row seats)

=> I did not receive the text for priority tickets. Please let me know what the word is that I need to text to 51020?

cheers!

sabrewulf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Omega28

any info regarding pre sale tickets?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Hot Ticket Package

€190.00 - €244.00

Hot Ticket Package (PL1) includes:

One top price reserved seated ticket in section Flat Seating of Block C
    Exclusive Paul Simon & Sting Tour Gift
    Collectible tour laminate
    VIP check-in
    Onsite VIP Nation hosts

Hot Ticket (PL 2) package includes:

One second price-level reserved seated ticket in section Block A or Block G
    VIP check-in
    Onsite VIP Nation hosts

Ultimate Front Row Package

€499.00

One top price reserved seated ticket in FRONT ROW
    Crowd free merchandise shopping opportunity
    VIP check-in
    Onsite VIP Nation hosts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

O2priority have presale tickets anyway. Starts Wednesday at 9
    http://music.o2online.ie/Artist/Details/268

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭ScottSF

Why are they touring together?! I'd like to see Paul Simon but have no interest in seeing Sting.

From what I read on RTE it is not a double bill but they are singing and performing together. They will likely sing a few of each others songs after watching this video of the tour announcement. In my opinion that should make for an even better concert as most people probably like Sting better than Paul Simon or vice versa. I'm on the fence personally :)

http://www.rte.ie/ten/news/2014/0908/642143-sting-and-paul-simon-announce-joint-tour/

sabrewulf wrote: »

=> I did not receive the text for priority tickets. Please let me know what the word is that I need to text to 51020?

text MUSIC to 51020 to sign up. You'll receive a text with a priority code before every event in the venue goes on sale.

I just signed up today, got a confirmation text but nothing about this gig, may be too late for a priority code unfortunately

lc180 wrote: »
    text MUSIC to 51020 to sign up. You'll receive a text with a priority code before every event in the venue goes on sale.

I just signed up today, got a confirmation text but nothing about this gig, may be too late for a priority code unfortunately

Text PAUL to 51020

Text PAUL to 51020

You're a legend, cheers for that!

lc180 wrote: »
    You're a legend, cheers for that!

No probs

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

Thanks for the code. I have subscribed for 5+ years and it usually works, but for this one the alert text never arrived. The code came through after texting PAUL though. I'll have a look on Wednesday what kinda seats they have on presale... Have seen Simon and Garfunkel live in 2004 and they were great. Also think Sting's music is great, so him and Simon together should be quite impressive!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

The pre-sale has already started via the Paul Simon website.

No 39 euro tickets though.

I'd love to go but am absolutely smashed.

To this day, the Graceland gig back in 87 at the RDS is the best gig I have ever seen.
    The reunion gig a couple of years ago was just wonderful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

I got flat seating on the Paul Simon presale.
    I think it worked out at €161.10.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Please tell me that's for two tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

Would never have put these two together. Love Paul Simon; as for Sting, he just makes me think of that scene from 48 Hours.

Next up Joan Baez and Rod Stewart maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭r0chf0rt

Does the presale code look a unique code per user on the fan mailing list or one for all?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

r0chf0rt wrote: »
    Does the presale code look a unique code per user on the fan mailing list or one for all?

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Tombo2001 wrote: »
    Would never have put these two together. Love Paul Simon; as for Sting, he just makes me think of that scene from 48 Hours.

Next up Joan Baez and Rod Stewart maybe?

Forgive my ignorance, just curious, to what scene in 48 Hours are you referring?

Edit: I wasn't familiar with the film, I just looked it up:)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roxanne_(song)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Text PAUL to 51020

I did this from my 3 phone and my O2 phone and nothing back :confused:

8-10 wrote: »
    I did this from my 3 phone and my O2 phone and nothing back :confused:

Did you text MUSIC to 51020 first to register for the Presales?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Did you text MUSIC to 51020 first to register for the Presales?

yep!

Advertisement