Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paul Simon and Sting - 3Arena - April 7th

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

8-10 wrote: »
    yep!

Not sure what's going on with that then.

Check your Private Messages.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 479 ✭✭In Lonesome Dove

If anyone is looking for a presale code for this I have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

anyone else having problems with the three pre-sale? It doesn't seem to be available yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭SteM

lc180 wrote: »
    anyone else having problems with the three pre-sale? It doesn't seem to be available yet?

Worked okay for me in IE.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Worked for me, they didn't add an extra field for it, they just renamed the fanclub one to 3arena presale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/18004D1BA0181665?did=elaserp

mcd presale, no code. €39 tickets available.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/paul-simon-sting-dublin-04-07-2015/event/18004D1BA0181665?artistid=1933184&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1&did=3dublin

o2 presale, if you need a code PM either "In Lonesome Dove" from 5 posts above, or me.

(The seats and options are better in the MCD presale link above though)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Does anyone know, if there are even more tickets allocated for the presales for the Three Arena gigs now, with this new option for 3 customers, or is it the same amount of tickets allocated for presales as before, but divided between 3, O2, and MCD.

Are the MCD presale tickets an additional allocation separate from the 3 and O2 presale allocation? Just curious to know are the MCD presale tickets taken from the tickets due to be released on general sale?

Just wondering does it mean, that for every gig that takes place there, - in cases where all the presales may sell out for 02 and 3 customers and on the MCD presale - will there be even less tickets made available when the gigs go on general sale, compared to when the presale was just to O2 customers?

It is very hard to figure out where exactly the best available tickets are, or what tickets remain for any live music gigs, on ticketmaster's site, because of the way it doesn't allow you to see a clear map showing what tickets are and aren't sold.

Often, if you select best available, it may select tickets at the edge of one of the first few rows, but won't indicate that there are more central seats further back.

It is usually only for the theatre type shows and sporting events on ticketmaster's site, where customers have the option of choosing their own seats from a map, where they can see what tickets remain.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭poteen

I had talked myself into this gig today but then went to book the tickets. Its a costly night for 2 when you throw all the costs in. Just dont think I like Sting enough to go so maybe holding off for a Paul Simon gig again is the way forward

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ts_editor

Odyssey Arena, Belfast added.
    Cue some more top-tier ticket prices ....
    Thu 09 Apr 2015
    £109.50, £99.50, £89.50, £69.50 & £49

Tickets On Sale From Fri 21 Nov 2014 at 9.00am

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Sever Tomorrow

Considering going to this. Bit late booking it however and Block P is the only available section at the lowest price at this stage.

Never been in the 3Arena before, what's the view from Block P like?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

The gig on Tuesday will be around 3 hours long It seems ,they have been averaging 36 songs a night !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Paul Simon and Sting:
    Brand New Day
    The Boy in the Bubble
    Fields of Gold
    Mother and Child Reunion

Sting:
    So Lonely
    When the World Is Running Down, You Make the Best of What's Still Around
    Englishman in New York
    Shape of My Heart
    Driven to Tears
    Walking on the Moon

Paul Simon and Sting:
    Mrs. Robinson

Paul Simon:
    50 Ways to Leave Your Lover
    Dazzling Blue (with Martin Hayes)
    Graceland
    Still Crazy After All These Years
    Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard

Paul Simon and Sting:
    Fragile

Sting:
    America
    Message in a Bottle
    The Hounds of Winter
    The End of the Game
    Roxanne (interpolating Ain't No Sunshine)
    Desert Rose

Paul Simon and Sting:
    The Boxer

Paul Simon:
    That Was Your Mother
    The Cool, Cool River
    Hearts and Bones
    Mystery Train
    Diamonds on the Soles of Her Shoes
    You Can Call Me Al

Paul Simon and Sting:
    Cecilia
    Every Breath You Take
    Bridge Over Troubled Water
    When Will I Be Loved?

They came on at 7:45. No interval. Finished at 10:45.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭whatever_

Brand New Day
    The Boy in the Bubble
    Fields of Gold
    Mother and Child Reunion

So Lonely
    Englishman in New York
    Shape of My Heart
    Driven to Tears
    Walking on the Moon

Mrs. Robinson
    Graceland

Fragile

America
    Message in a Bottle
    The Hounds of Winter
    The End of the Game
    Desert Rose

The Boxer
    That Was Your Mother
    The Cool, Cool River
    Hearts and Bones
    Mystery Train
    You Can Call Me Al

Cecilia
    Every Breath You Take
    When Will I Be Loved?

... and that's what I call an excellent concert ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭mojesius

What a gig. The TUC TUC race at the end if the night was the icing on the cake, with all the passengers singing 'you can call me AL' en route to town down the quays. Sting is a RIDE

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Any idea who was in the band(s)?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭8-10

leakyboots wrote: »

Peter Tickell was the violinist, played on a Sting album and has toured live with him since

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭mobby

Great Concert one of the best i have been at.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭nialldinho

leakyboots wrote: »

It was Paul Simon's usual touring band anyway. Don't know about Sting's.

Sting: vocals, bass, guitars
    Dominic Miller: lead guitar, vocals
    David Sancious: keyboards
    Jo Lawry: vocals
    Peter Tickell: electric fiddle
    Vinnie Colaiuta: drums

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Paul Simon and Sting:
    Brand New Day
    The Boy in the Bubble
    Fields of Gold
    Mother and Child Reunion

Sting:
    So Lonely
    Englishman in New York
    Shape of My Heart
    Driven to Tears
    Walking on the Moon

Paul Simon and Sting:
    Mrs. Robinson

Paul Simon:
    Graceland

Paul Simon and Sting:
    Fragile

Sting:
    America
    Message in a Bottle
    The Hounds of Winter
    The End of the Game
    Desert Rose

Paul Simon and Sting:
    The Boxer

Paul Simon:
    That Was Your Mother
    The Cool, Cool River
    Hearts and Bones
    Mystery Train
    You Can Call Me Al

Paul Simon and Sting:
    Cecilia
    Every Breath You Take
    When Will I Be Loved?

I wasn't there but that sounds fúcking amazing.

It'd be churlish to complain. Even if you were more a fan of one and not the other, and didn't recognise all the songs, you could be pretty sure that something else would be along in a minute that you'd know and like.
    On paper, Paul Simon's setlist seems to cater more for the fair-weather fan, 'cos Sting did a few more "obscure" songs, but Sting and his band have a great dynamic and it works very well. Some people don't like the "jazz odyssey" noodling that he does, but when it works (such as his bringing Ain't No Sunshine into Roxanne), it works very successfully indeed.
    Personally, I thought that some of the lesser known Sting songs (I say that in the broadest possible sense) were among the best things on the night: Shape of My Heart, Desert Rose and The Hounds of Winter were all phenomenal. Obviously, everyone went mental for the big Police hits, but I really liked his sets, and his rendition of America was excellent.
    Paul Simon brings something else, 'cos there's arguably more of a familiarity with his back catalogue. His songs sort of permeate everyone's subconscious. The only real obscure song he did was Dazzling Blue, from his last album, and he was a sly boots by bringing Martin Hayes on to do the fiddle solo and effectively make a highlight out of a song that (I suspect) a large volume of the crowd would not have known.
    And You Can Call Me Al is rivaled only by Peter Gabriel's Sledgehammer for having the whole crowd singing the horn section part. :D

Advertisement