Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moodle

Options
  • 08-09-2014 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭

Havent been able to log onto moodle to check emails or timetables since last Friday, im back Wednesday for an add-on 4th year degree so does that mean my student number has changed or is moodle just f***ed?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I can still check the timetable but not through Moodle. Same login works there but doesn't on moodle

• Registered Users Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

I can still check the timetable but not through Moodle. Same login works there but doesn't on moodle
    Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭littleteapot

This probably isn't the answer but moodle has changed from G number login to gmit email address login. The student portal has changed too. Did you try that?

That does the trick. Thanks!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, I'm in the college atm and I'd just realised that.

• Advertisement

God bless the IT boys and all but it sure isn't fun planning work around a timetable that isn't available because the servers are down all day. My timetable has apparently changed 6 times already.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭MyNameIsMethos

Pure handy being a first year; the lads in charge of the course bending over backwards to make sure you've all got your timetable & know EXACTLY where everything is, lest you end up ethernally lost wandering the corridors off the canteen!!

To stay with topic, much obliged all for moodle tips :)

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭littleteapot

God bless the IT boys and all but it sure isn't fun planning work around a timetable that isn't available because the servers are down all day. My timetable has apparently changed 6 times already.

That is driving me nuts! I don't get why they can't cope with the demand. They should know by now that we'll all be checking it all the time at this time of the semester and to be prepared!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Adds to the many other issues they get wrong every single year, such as no notice given to returning students, especially when they themselves know there wont be lectures, headwrecking.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Aye, one of the days my timetable changed twice over the space of 2-3 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Badwulf

Where do I find the login details for my moodle/gmit.student.ie account? I don't know my password or user name for either, is it on my student ID card?

You need to show the guys in the IT centre your ID and they'll print out a temporary password that you use to login IIRC. Then you change it yourself.

Advertisement