Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

strange text alert on lumia 520

• 08-09-2014 12:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭

I have a certain song for text alert . But if i get a text when the sending text screen is open, typing another or left open, a different sounds sounds?

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 54,168 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Yep, that's by design.

If the screen is on and is currently open in the same thread on which the text arrives then it won't play the notification sound you set for sms - it plays a different one that's much shorter. If you want to avoid this it's best to always turn the screen off when you're done with writing a text etc.

The proper sms alert only plays if:

- the screen is off / phone is locked
    - phone is unlocked and you are in a different app
    - phone is unlocked and you are in the Messaging app but looking at a different thread (i.e. you're reading / writing a text to "Wife" and a text arrives from "Daughter").

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭GoodLord

awec wrote: »
    Yep, that's by design.

If the screen is on and is currently open in the same thread on which the text arrives then it won't play the notification sound you set for sms - it plays a different one that's much shorter. If you want to avoid this it's best to always turn the screen off when you're done with writing a text etc.

The proper sms alert only plays if:

- the screen is off / phone is locked
    - phone is unlocked and you are in a different app
    - phone is unlocked and you are in the Messaging app but looking at a different thread (i.e. you're reading / writing a text to "Wife" and a text arrives from "Daughter").
    oh i see thanks and can you change the different alert?

• Administrators Posts: 54,168 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

No you can't (as far as I know).

Other smarphones do the same thing too. iPhone does it, not sure about Android.

Advertisement