Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for Band

• 08-09-2014 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hi Guys

I had more or less arranged a two-piece from the UK to come do our wedding last year but foolishly waited until the venue was booked before booking them. We heard them live in the UK last year twice and couldn't believe how good they were. They played everything imaginable from oldies, new, rap, you name it, and played different instruments depending on the song and remixed songs. They were also great at getting the crowd going and though you would not consider them a wedding band I said to the mrs to be at the time they would be great for a wedding. Under no circumstances do we want your average wedding type band who have never heard of, let alone play any of the newer songs in the charts. Anyways they are interested in doing the wedding but due to delay in booking venue things have come up for them and they cannot commit to anything for next year until January, and in the mean time I would like to have an alternative.

At the time I got in contact with them I was told by a mate there are two guy pieces like this on every second street in Dublin City and we should go up and see for ourselves. Does anyone know of any duo's anywhere in Ireland that would similar to what I have described? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭Rigsby

While not a duo, IMO you cant really beat "Tropical Storm". I saw them play in a local hotel and they were amazing...like a human duke box. They were asking the audience for requests and on receiving one, almost immediately, with little or no hesitation, broke into the song.

Here is a link :

http://www.completelyband.com/

I think there are clips of them playing on You Tube if you do a search.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭usher1890

Rigsby wrote: »
    While not a duo, IMO you cant really beat "Tropical Storm". I saw them play in a local hotel and they were amazing...like a human duke box. They were asking the audience for requests and on receiving one, almost immediately, with little or no hesitation, broke into the song.

Here is a link :

http://www.completelyband.com/

I think there are clips of them playing on You Tube if you do a search.

Thanks. Wouldn't be my cup of tea to be honest. It's probably more towards a busker type of thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭Rigsby

usher1890 wrote: »
    Thanks. Wouldn't be my cup of tea to be honest. It's probably more towards a busker type of thing.

Fair enough. That's your call. Though IMO they are a lot better than most buskers I've seen. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭ken.m

Rigsby wrote: »
    Fair enough. That's your call. Though IMO they are a lot better than most buskers I've seen. ;)

I also have see them buskers they are not and as Rigsby pointed out they can play anything you want them to play providing there free
    Worth thinking about if the pressure is on for a band
    I think the script will be busy :-)

ken.m wrote: »
    I also have see them buskers they are not and as Rigsby pointed out they can play anything you want them to play providing there free
    Worth thinking about if the pressure is on for a band
    I think the script will be busy :-)

If your going to reply please do write in a manner that makes sense. Who said anything about the script? Assuming they started as buskers means nothing to me. We have a band lined up which cannot give an answer until January. I suppose busker is the wrong term to use but they are a raw talent, have their own and a great style unlike your traditional Irish wedding band that will list there boring oldies with a couple of newbies lumineers, mumford and sons etc... crap. Unfortunately for us these guys have an opportunity to progress themselves so cannot commit until early next year.

There is zero pressure for a band - if I cannot find anyone like these guys I've no problems going DJ all night (better choice of music/cost less!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭ken.m

usher1890 wrote: »
    If your going to reply please do write in a manner that makes sense. Who said anything about the script? Assuming they started as buskers means nothing to me. We have a band lined up which cannot give an answer until January. I suppose busker is the wrong term to use but they are a raw talent, have their own and a great style unlike your traditional Irish wedding band that will list there boring oldies with a couple of newbies lumineers, mumford and sons etc... crap. Unfortunately for us these guys have an opportunity to progress themselves so cannot commit until early next year.

There is zero pressure for a band - if I cannot find anyone like these guys I've no problems going DJ all night (better choice of music/cost less!)

Totally agree with your take on most if not all wedding bands

And yes it is very hard to come by an act that shows real passion and flair to make music there own and I know exactly what you mean it is a special day for you and yours and why not want the best you can find and i am sure you will be happy with your choice

Plus you posted here for opinions / suggestions and that's what you got

The script was a joke clearly funnier in my head than in writing , all the best

ken.m wrote: »
    Totally agree with your take on most if not all wedding bands

And yes it is very hard to come by an act that shows real passion and flair to make music there own and I know exactly what you mean it is a special day for you and yours and why not want the best you can find and i am sure you will be happy with your choice

Plus you posted here for opinions / suggestions and that's what you got

The script was a joke clearly funnier in my head than in writing , all the best

Sorry Ken, I was a bit narky this morning when I read that. I'm not trying to discredit anyone's suggestions either but in fairness if I'm not in to the suggestions I don't want smart comments because I have had the decency to check out the suggestion and post back my opinion. Anyways I would really like to get this particular band and if a similar type cannot be found in Ireland it will be DJ all night!

Advertisement