Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Half marathon 20/9/14 *Mod note in 1st post*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Antwerp

Gavlor wrote: »
    That's my style of preparation!

Sur ya might as well enjoy yourself, beat ya the beers went down well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭krafty

D33 wrote: »
    Sorry for the slight tangent folks but does anyone know if there's an area to leave a bike if you cycle over to the Park? (fully locked etc)

There are railings around trees off furze road which are within 5 mins walk of the start and finish line. I locked the bike there for frank duffy, and I'll be parking up there again tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Antwerp

krafty wrote: »
    There are railings around trees off furze road which are within 5 mins walk of the start and finish line. I locked the bike there for frank duffy, and I'll be parking up there again tomorrow.

If you do leave your bike in Heuston, there is are a few shuttle bus
    from Parkgate St from 8:30 onwards which drops you near the start line. only issue is when getting bus back. Traffic will be a nightmare leaving the park but sur you could just keep running past the finishing line straight to Heuston

• Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Phew, good 20 min search there for my number. not a great fan of the early sending out of them!

Very 'fresh' and drizzly now in dublin, along with showers of REALLY heavy rain. Perfect weather for running if don't get hit by any of the heavy showers. The little bit of humidity is ok, keeping an actual chill out of the air. Looks like much better conditions than the 10 miler for running.

Reading the thread there for pacing groups, pity it looks like I fall bang in the middle, think will just stick to even paced on the minute miles more or less and see how that goes. Nervous enough as haven't done the miles for this, but should be ok..

Just left my colleagues in the pub. Tab behind the bar. Major celebrations for the company today.

If that's not commitment I don't know what is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭krafty

Antwerp wrote: »
    If you do leave your bike in Heuston, there is are a few shuttle bus
    from Parkgate St from 8:30 onwards which drops you near the start line. only issue is when getting bus back. Traffic will be a nightmare leaving the park but sur you could just keep running past the finishing line straight to Heuston

Or just hop on the bike, which will be locked to a tree near the finish line :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Sir Shankalot

Hi...cannot find race number/chip....can anyone advise if possible to get a new one on morning of race????

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭D33

Cheers folks, railings sound good wt a big chunky lock. Hopefully if it's wet it might keep the pikees indoors:)))

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭overpronator

Hi...cannot find race number/chip....can anyone advise if possible to get a new one on morning of race????

No sure but there is a help desk type thing at the top of the furze road I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

Good luck to all those running tomorrow....ENJOY!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

Good luck to everyone running tomorrow! Have fun, enjoy the race! Looking forward to hearing all about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭hillsiderunner

It will be possible - they helped me out a couple of years ago when I misplaced my number (if you can call/email them to warn them all the better).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭ronn

Just left my colleagues in the pub. Tab behind the bar. Major celebrations for the company today.

If that's not commitment I don't know what is!

Ask for the money instead, :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭smashiner

Weather is cool and fresh, looks like a possibility of a small light shower too.....super running weather for running (IMO), as I suffer a bit when it is too hot. Really looking forward to this HM, best of luck to all Boardies doing the race, great tips and advice as always.....c u all at the finish line!!

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭smashiner

Weather is cool and fresh, looks like a possibility of a small light shower too.....super running weather for running (IMO), as I suffer a bit when it is too hot. Really looking forward to this HM, best of luck to all Boardies doing the race, great tips and advice as always.....c u all at the finish line!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Perfect morning for running.
    Good luck to all taking part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭gerard_65

Wish I was there:( Good luck all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Best of luck all running. Perfect morning for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Nice run abhainn..16th in 1:15

• Registered Users Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭ooter

jaysus that uphill at chapelizod in the last couple of miles is cruel.
    stayed with the 1:30 pacers till about 7.5 miles and kicked on cos i could smell a PB,does anyone know what time they crossed the finish line in?

• Advertisement

ooter wrote: »
    jaysus that uphill at chapelizod in the last couple of miles is cruel.
    stayed with the 1:30 pacers till about 7.5 miles and kicked on cos i could smell a PB,does anyone know what time they crossed the finish line in?

dublin runner over the line in 1:29:35

• Registered Users Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭ooter

yaboya1 wrote: »

nice.
    did we lose one of the 1:30 pacers at farmleigh?
    one of the flags disappeared,seen a lad sitting on the grass but don't know if that was related..

• Registered Users Posts: 12 capaleen

Very well organised and good value half again this year.

Went to half-way with the 1.30 pacers, then pushed on to finish in 1.27. Kyber Road was fairly packed at the start - probably the first time I've been glad to see North Road.

Big shout out to the pacers for their assistance

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

Tried to keep up with the 1.30's but learnt a VERY valuable lesson today. After 4 miles I just couldnt stick their pace.
    First race ive ever started off too fast and it mentally destroyed me when I had to let them go.
    Was right on the edge of just giving up.. so tempted. Stuck with it & passed the line in 1.36 in the end.

Lesson learned.
    Hope otheres enjoyed it more than I did.

nice.
    one of the flags disappeared,seen a lad sitting on the grass but don't know if that was related..

No idea. I wasn't there.
    Got that info from the results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Smartguy

Great event as usual.
    My time was 1.37.xx which is a 3 minute pb. Last two miles were run at 8.30 pace and were two of the toughest miles I have ever done. Delighted overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Last minute decision to do this due to a touch of flu all week.Decided to treat it as a LSR type run and push on a bit if possible. From the moment i saw the course i could not understand why we were sent almost straight down the Kyber and having the fastest part of a half marathon at the very start and the slowest at the end? It didn't bother me as time was not an issue but i'm sure others found the Kyber congestion an issue-saw one lad fall on the grass at the side.Other than that very well organised,great value and the t-shirt is decent.
    Pleased to get about in 1'53 and not collapse from sickness,so now on to the big one again:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

yaboya1 wrote: »
    Wounded knee had similar time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

ultraman1 wrote: »
    Wounded knee had similar time

I think the other pacer may have got into some difficulty, matching up names it looks as though his clock his still running

Hopefully he is ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

nice.

Hey,

That was me without the flag. Apparently it went missing in action last year. Thought about having a sit down on the grass but thought better of it.....!

Very well organised race on a fair course. Well done to all. Most enjoyed.

(sorry to everyone we annoyed with our 'motivational talk' nearing the end! :cool:)

Advertisement