Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCENT/CCNA through College or self taught? Which is better

Options
  • 08-09-2014 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

Was looking through these springboard courses recently. I want to know is it better to do a course or either study on one's own? What do employers value? I have done some It/Telecoms before so i could this on my own, infact i am almost finished my CCENT?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

Personally I think it's just that you achieved the merit. So, completely up to your own perseverance if you can study it in your own time, or prefer guidance / classroom environment(s).

All the best with it!

techexams is a great resource for some pointers too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Kinet1c

It won't matter either way, just get it done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Whether you self studied or did a course won't matter to an employer. What will matter will be, come interview time, can you demonstrate that you understand the material/concepts/topics.

I'd be far more inclined to go the self study route myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Iopu

I would prefer self study. I did CCENT in college. I felt I understood and grasped the material better reading it myself than the lectures.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Flippin

As others have said, employers won't care as long as you can show you know your stuff. Having said that, as the CCENT is the entry-level cert and you already have I.T. experience, self-studying that shouldn't be a problem. It's not particularly deep. Self-studying the CCNA might be a bit harder if you don't have access to equipment and such, so a course might be better value. Theory will only get you so far, particularly in job interviews.

• Advertisement
Advertisement