Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

calling harrassement from a UK company

Options
  • 08-09-2014 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hi,
    From my research it seems I am not the only one harrassed by an 'investment' company in the UK - +44 2077 86 4700 - not sure if we can tell the name but google the number and you'll find out.

i told them several time i was not interested to invest and to remove me from their list. No idea how they got my no. But they still call me 2 or 3 times a week.

I tried to speak to a manager or someone in charge but surprise surprise they're never there or available.

I asked them politely several times to remove me as I was not interested but that fell on deaf hears. so I told them I'd report them to the authorities but no changes. I am really getting fed up with these monkeys who can't listen and I really don't get the reasoning behind harassing people to ask for business as I defo won't give them any.

I sinced dowloaded a call blocker app for my phone but I can see they're still calling. They even tried to get one of their colleague from the US to call me last friday evening... They're unbelievable !!!

There has to be something I can do to stop them calling me?

Can I report them to some authorities in the UK? which ones?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Slaacer wrote: »
    Hi,
    From my research it seems I am not the only one harrassed by an 'investment' company in the UK - +44 2077 86 4700 - not sure if we can tell the name but google the number and you'll find out.

i told them several time i was not interested to invest and to remove me from their list. No idea how they got my no. But they still call me 2 or 3 times a week.

I tried to speak to a manager or someone in charge but surprise surprise they're never there or available.

I asked them politely several times to remove me as I was not interested but that fell on deaf hears. so I told them I'd report them to the authorities but no changes. I am really getting fed up with these monkeys who can't listen and I really don't get the reasoning behind harassing people to ask for business as I defo won't give them any.

I sinced dowloaded a call blocker app for my phone but I can see they're still calling. They even tried to get one of their colleague from the US to call me last friday evening... They're unbelievable !!!

There has to be something I can do to stop them calling me?

Can I report them to some authorities in the UK? which ones?

Thanks

Tricky when it's outside the jurisdiction. I can only suggest keeping them on the line for as long as possible next time. Be as politely annoying as possible. Be 'that' person. Close the call with ' I look forward to wasting as much of your time as possible again at the next available opportunity. Now f**k off'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Check if they are on the FSA (UK) register. If not or they are harassing you, report to the FSA: http://www.fsa.gov.uk/consumerinformation/scamsandswindles/investment_scams/boiler_room

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Slaacer

thank you tricky I'll check that out

Endacl got I tought of that too but I really don't have the time at the moment to deal with moppets like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

buy yourself a whistle.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭endacl

tricky D wrote: »
    Check if they are on the FSA (UK) register. If not or they are harassing you, report to the FSA: http://www.fsa.gov.uk/consumerinformation/scamsandswindles/investment_scams/boiler_room

You could always answer, put the phone down, and let them talk to empty air.

• Advertisement
Advertisement