Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silas Kiplagat coming to Sligo (International Road mile) 20/9/14

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭dukeraoul

So it is happening... So cool. Will be there as well I reckon- LSR in sligo/ n. Leitrim that weekend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

dukeraoul wrote: »
    So it is happening... So cool. Will be there as well I reckon- LSR in sligo/ n. Leitrim that weekend?

Not sure may have to do a down and back job that day with work.

Knowing the area I reckon the 5k will be a hilly one for sure but Corran Park is flat so should be a fast one hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭dukeraoul

I'm just bumping this because the 4TH FASTEST 1500 METER MAN IN HISTORY, (and current Diamond League Champ) Silas Kipligat is coming to race Paul Robinson in a road mile in Sligo and no one is talking about it... ???????

Also 5k w/ this which I'm racing and looks like will feature a pretty sweet field...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

It's in Sligo though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Think the club is organising a group to head over to this, should be a great evening of sport. Some feat by Dermot to get this type of field together in Sligo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭ultrapercy

Heading over myself and may run the 5k, Id probably even chance the mile if theyd let me but its better that they wont let me. Its a great triumph for imagination and ambition to bring this to Ballymote which isnt much more than a village really. Fair play to Dermott Im sure it will be a great evening and a memorable day for the locals as well as the travelling athletics fans.There are so many fun runs now that cater for joggers and recreational runners and thats good but its great to see some events that promote the actual sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Fecking work messed up my plans to get down to this. Saw some good results from Robinson and Travers. What happened to Kipligat, didn't here anything about him?

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭conavitzky

pconn062 wrote: »
    Fecking work messed up my plans to get down to this. Saw some good results from Robinson and Travers. What happened to Kipligat, didn't here anything about him?
    Did not turn up at his hotel room that was booked for him in Amsterdam prior to getting flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭kchsligo

So what happens now as regards Kiplagat? I'd imagine there are costs involved in trying to get someone like him to run in an event and it'd be a shame if a local running club that organise such an unusual event take the hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭kchsligo

So what happens now as regards Kiplagat? I'd imagine there are costs involved in trying to get someone like him to run in an event and it'd be a shame if a local running club that organise such an unusual event take the hit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement