Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mackem's dead cert.

• 08-09-2014 3:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭

I regard Sunderland as certain candidates for relegation
    this season.O'Shea and Brown who are the lynchpins of a
    defence which leaked soft goals last term are now one year older
    and clearly past their best.It's odd that a manager as supposedly shrewd
    as Poyet is has failed to address this problem and may even
    have compounded it by the importation of the slow moving
    Coates from Liverpool.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

chicorytip wrote: »
    Coates from Liverpool.

Mag or spam account?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

To be fair, this is still a better thread than some of the recent ones after United's transfer exploits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Coates from Liverpool.

At least now we have another reason for Liverpool & Utd fans to take over thread thats not about them.:P

Edit; I don't think Sunderland will get relegated. I think they will have a good midtable finish this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

At least now we have another reason for a Liverpool & Utd to take over thread thats not about them.:P
    Traore and Henchoz were much worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Are O'Shea, Brown & Sunderland done?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

the slow moving
    Coates from Liverpool.

He's not that slow actually, you couldn't afford to be in SA football. He covers ground quickly, but not so quick on the turn as he's a big unit...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Sunderland will be fine, mainly because there are worse squads than theirs in the league. They'll pitch in anywere between 16th and 12th at a guess. They look ok at the back, Cattermole has given them a bit of bite in midfield again and some of the players Poyet brought from Brighton look useful squad players.

Missing out on a decent striker might cost them, dont fancy Wickham "the English Torres" at all, suspect they'll look again in Jan.

Cant see Burnley staying up, not enough that squad to stretch over a season, they might put a few results together but they'll be ground down in the end.

QPR are definitely in the relegation mix. Crystal Palace are a mess, even with Ruddock coming in, they are in the mix too. Leicester look good now, but again a lack of managerial and playing staff experience might not see them stay the course either.

I think there are worse off teams than Sunderland, WBA haven't started well either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

They'll have their usual ****er for the first 28 games and pull it together by the end. 15th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

what does Clancy think?

Advertisement