Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now Ye're Talkin' to - David Gray

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 whitebeard

How's it going for ye now, looking forward to it, please work now.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 whitebeard

How's it going for ye now, looking forward to it, please work now.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Chocolate Chip

Should we tell more David Gray stories while we are waiting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,013 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I met David Gray in Dublin today.. he was just rolling down the street not a care in the world.

Actually.. no, sorry.. that was a plastic bag!

Carry on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Boards.ie: Declan

Guys - its a'coming.....

really sorry about this... I promise it will be worth it.

Still here getting it sorted!

• Advertisement

Sorry about the wait - finally have the David Gray interview recorded today. We got around to most of your questions (and added a few of our own) - enjoy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,013 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Great interview lads.. honest guy, but quite reserved at times too!

Hope to see more of those interviews.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Great interview, as Basq (Mr Grey) said he is quite reserved and seems pretty thoughtful/intense. The guy has been at the start of so many different periods of my life its weird in a way, from meeting my GF, to our 1st concert together, to been played at my cousins funeral, to our wedding and now to bringing our kids to his gig, a man for all ages! :D

Great interview again lads, and cracking questions from the boardsies... GO BOARDSIES! :D

• Subscribers Posts: 41,787 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

as an aside, is that 'the pale's matthew deveraux interviewing and does he have something to do with boards.ie?? deadly!! :D

sydthebeat wrote: »
    as an aside, is that 'the pale's matthew deveraux interviewing and does he have something to do with boards.ie?? deadly!! :D

Hi Syd - it is indeed Matthew from The Pale - he was suggested to us as interviewer and we were happy to get him. Really like the idea of musicians interviewing musicians so would love to do more with him as these opportunities arise.

We might even do a Q&A with him someday... there's a man with a few stories to tell...

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,787 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Hi Syd - it is indeed Matthew from The Pale - he was suggested to us as interviewer and we were happy to get him. Really like the idea of musicians interviewing musicians so would love to do more with him as these opportunities arise.

We might even do a Q&A with him someday... there's a man with a few stories to tell...

Id say!

theyre still making great music, hopefully theyll do another ireland tour soon!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Chocolate Chip

I watched it a few times now and you didn't ask him my question (or ask him for a plec for my little boy EVEN THOUGH HE HAD ONE IN HIS HAND!!)
    other than that it was absolutely great. (sobbing)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭job seeker

I really don't know why I said it was classical. :D But after I seen it appearing in the film "the girl next door" I thought it was wrote for this film.

Great interview and thanks to the boards.ie staff for making this happen. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

ye Tar is sooo creative alright, has David Gray not heard of reddit :D

Also can't say I've ever given much thought to Mr Gray but he came across very well in that interview, nice guy :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I knew I had the best question, don't mock my creative soul :p

Really enjoyed the interview, interesting thoughts and man. I must stick on a track or two.
    I like the medium of video for it, good job guys.

Individual questions can be found at

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sZ_01hB0kc&index=8&list=PLmgnC2leZsYFbqneK0MSxobNok-DGoeK0

Thanks for all the positive feedback on this - was a great one to do!

Advertisement