Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

weight issue & ttc

Options
  • 08-09-2014 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

New to boards

Trying to conceive the last five months. well august was a write off due to my mother taking ill, losing job and moving house and that has kind off carried into september.

Anyhow - i am overweight at 18 stone and have started a slim class and exercising. Ive always had regular periods. Never no problems. However my friend told me I will have problems getting pregnant at this weight. Is this the case?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Hi babydreams,

I am TTC for almost 3 years now, I was 13 stone when I started, one of the things my doctor suggested to me was to improve my lifestyle, so eat healthier and take some regular exercise, while he wasn't too concerned over my weight he said having a healthy BMI (body mass index) will help.

Being over weight can cause issues, but not always the problem, good on you for joining a slimming class! Everything helps :)

Also sorry to hear about your bad spell, fingers crossed this month will be better for you pet xxx

Advertisement