Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

misfortune

Options
  • 08-09-2014 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

Well,hows she cuttin.I was up in our beautiful capital Dublin for the hurling All Ireland yesterday with a busload of 42 persons out for a great day.I had a ticket for the Hogan Stand and after parking the bus in Drumcondra very safe absolutely no obstruction to traffic and no yellow lines i locked up and on return I discovered i had been clamped which as you know set me back a few bob.Im travelling to dublin the last 23 years and all this time(not alone I) HAVE BEEN TORTURED between Gardai,Clampers and Dublin Bus and yet Chamber of Commerce are shouting for us to bring groups to our Capital.I have told a number of drivers what happened yesterday and they were gobsmacked.IS it time to give Dublin a rest for us bus drivers as this stress just is not worth it.Bogs.:(:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

If you were clamped illegally - take it up with the Guards.

Moving to Dublin City as that is a more relevant forum should you wish to get input from locals.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

bogs wrote: »
    ... and after parking the bus in Drumcondra very safe absolutely no obstruction to traffic and no yellow lines i locked up and on return I discovered i had been clamped (

Can you tell us which street you parked on? Any photo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

You don't have to be obstructing traffic to get clamped. You merely have to forget to pay and display.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

What street was it?

There are some sections that are pay & display 7 days a week and others are not p&d on Sundays. It can be a bit tricky if you don't pay attention what section you're parked in. You have to understand that in this area, most houses do not have off-street parking. The on-street parking is where they park their car(s). They would need to have permits for this, or they would be clamped too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    You don't have to be obstructing traffic to get clamped. You merely have to forget to pay and display.

This was also presumably a coach, so it would have had to park in a designated coach space, rather than a regular pay and display (or free) spot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭Paulzx

The only relevant question is whether you were legally or illegally parked.

If you were legally parked and still clamped you need to appeal it.

If you were illegally parked but didn't know about it, well to be blunt that's tough sh*t. It's your responsability to check it out before you abandon the vehicle. Once the signs are present and visible you won't have a leg to stand on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I feel for your predicament OP but if you ignored what the signs on the street said, then you are at fault. If you were a newbie to Dublin, maybe it would be understandable but if you've been coming here for 23 years, then pay and display parking and looking for signage to advise of designated areas is not an alien concept surely?

Advertisement