Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubber turnout paddock

Options
  • 08-09-2014 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭

I am planning on putting in a rubber turnout paddock. It will be about 20x20m and in a very dry, well drained and sheltered place.
    Does anyone have experience of these? I am unsure of the surface and prep needed. I understand I will need to poo pick regularly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭silverfox88

In a very general sense (purely from watching the surfaces go into the turnouts in my yard) I understand that similar to arenas the bottom layer of stones (for drainage) goes in first and then sand placed on top and then left to settle for a few weeks. Then the upper surface (woodchip as is the case in my place) is laid on top.

The turnouts are fab too I have to add - no matter what the weather my horse comes in pretty clean, nothing a quick brush doesn't sort even when he's a bit woolly!

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭marizpan

Thanks,
    So it seems it is almost the same work as putting in an arena. Would I need a membrane ?

Advertisement