Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Theft Auto Online (a.k.a. Frankie's Glitching Songs Thread)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Rockstar trying to shift the blame I think. I have not had any problems with the Xbox Live Service.
    I can play other games online and I can access the online store as well as YouTube and other stuff related to being online with the Xbox!

Not like rockstair to shift the blame :rolleyes: my live is fine. Never have problems with it tbf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Server issues + Frankie can't play = schadenfreude

I'll get me coat....:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

This is a terrible day for the parish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Server issues + Frankie can't play = schadenfreude

I'll get me coat....:pac:

Thought it was going to turn into a cry. Be more realistic :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I have died so many times trying to do this parachute daily objective. It's embarrassing at this stage...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Benzino wrote: »
    I have died so many times trying to do this parachute daily objective. It's embarrassing at this stage...

Do you have the fall 300+ft and survive one?

I'm stuck on that myself ;-(

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Do you have the fall 300+ft and survive one?

I'm stuck on that myself ;-(

Nah, mine is deploy your chute under 100 feet from the ground. Hard to tell how high up you are.

I can't even get back online now ;-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

When I eventually got on, I forgot all about the daily objectives thing... How do you find out what they are?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,875 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

When I eventually got on, I forgot all about the daily objectives thing... How do you find out what they are?

Hokd the touch pad for interactive menu and select it from there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

lads, that 2nd heist, absolute madness.

lads, that 2nd heist, absolute madness.

On this now, was doing the second part had to drop off the bus when someone left right at the end ;-( have too start all over again

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

Benzino wrote: »
    Nah, mine is deploy your chute under 100 feet from the ground. Hard to tell how high up you are.

The lettering in the vinewood sign is 50ft high

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I could only complete two daily objectives last night, flight school mission and can't remember the second but they were fairly easy. The third was to complete a capture raid. No idea what it was and it was too late to go looking. Wonder how they time the objectives. Does the 24 hours kick off after you do the first.

jackrussel wrote: »
    The lettering in the vinewood sign is 50ft high

Didn't think of that, I ended up getting it by jumping off the bridge over the dry canal (right next to the ammu nation, mod shop and lesters place for the heists). As soon as your chute appears deploy it and you are golden.

Died countless times trying it from a chopper Haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

Rotten weather here today, so trying to convince mrs M. That I mustn't go out in the rain and can't help around the house :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Could not get into a Friends Only session last night, which I planned to invite friends and try a Heist from.

But I could get into Freeroam/open sessions with randoms. Did my Daily Objectives (Ride a rollercoaster, visit the shooting range, play a GTA Capture), got loads of calls/texts from Trevor/Gerald/Lester RE: the new freeroam missions/activities.

Heists was crashing/kicking me back to singleplayer.

How do you do the new stuff from Trevor/Gerald/Lester?
    Shooting down rival drug runners for Trevor, etc!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

You gotta look for the purple spots on the map.
    I got the call from Gerald but the spots didnt appear until a couple of minutes later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭Aeghnor

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    How do you do the new stuff from Trevor/Gerald/Lester?
    Shooting down rival drug runners for Trevor, etc!

In this case you will get a call from Trevor about a chopper in their air space. What you should do:

- Get a buzzard
    - Fly to red marker on the map
    - Greet them with your rockets

All you have to do now is enjoy your 3k payout and evade the cops( Exactly what I did :P ).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Took me about three tries to get on. When I did I was in a session on my own. Got an invite to heist from JR, made it as far as the lobby, but people were dropping out all over the place and it failed. Ended back in another session with no crew. Gave it up as a bad job. Maybe tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Rockstar forums must be on fire with complaints!

Its crazy how their servers cannot cope with the off peak demand, never mind when an update comes out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

Just found my long lost brother Sheehy83 during a heist there!

keano25 wrote: »

Haha the matching Zento and Gang outfits made us look the right pair :pac: Will post some pics and vid later. Heists are after giving Online some lease of life.

Also, one of my daily challenges was to go to the cinema. There was a trailer that was absolutely brilliant!

The Simian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I've actually sat through that movie in the game lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭C0MM0D0RE64

Its quite simple R* are a business, its their job to maximize profits and revenue, redundant servers and bandwidth (and maintenance) costs are not cheap

Not what you expect from a company who made over a billion on this game alone but the truth none the less

I have said this from day one and ill say it again, they need region specific servers, as mixing traffic from highly populated regions is obviously not working, EA separate their servers and give you the option which ones you want to join, lowers latency and bottlenecking so everyone gets a fair gaming experience

They seriously need to rethink they're server strategy as come every big update these scenarios will continue to repeat themselves over and over, i was flicking through various forums lastnight and like clockwork the same generic responses (and complaints) are no different from that of release day 2 years back

Anyway apart from that, from what i seen (Me and Phobos) the first and second (before it kicked us) heists were quite challenging and enjoyable and im loving the new content, hopefully when peoples interest have calmed down so will the traffic and then we can enjoy it for what it is without the frustration :)

keano25 wrote: »

The video never recorded properly, stupid thing! I put a few pics up in the Pics thread but here's one of the Gangsta Twins about to take on a heist.

341631.jpg

So far Heists are a disaster for me if your with randomers.. I got the prison one earlier for 40k but no crew online or were busy and it took about 20 minutes to get it started only then for some clown to keep getting killed... :(

Aw man, the Prison Break is hard enough with 4 crew members with mics constantly chatting. Can't even imagine it with randomers and no mics. Which mission did you get to? I only played the final Prison Heist and it was a biatch.

Also, anyone interested in buying Heist vehicles, stay well away for the Armour Kimura (500k whaaaa!?) and Velum plane. Both are super shyte.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Aw man, the Prison Break is hard enough with 4 crew members with mics constantly chatting. Can't even imagine it with randomers and no mics. Which mission did you get to? I only played the final Prison Heist and it was a biatch.

Also, anyone interested in buying Heist vehicles, stay well away for the Armour Kimura (500k whaaaa!?) and Velum plane. Both are super shyte.

Agree here sheehy the heists are tough enough; was playing with a few lads earlier who were getting all hot and bothered when someone died! Patience needed I think...enjoying them so far personally

• Advertisement

sheehy83 wrote: »

Stop man was up to the third one, 20 minutes trying to get people to join, switched off the machine in frustration lol time to watch horse racin! come on don poli!!

Advertisement