Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Theft Auto Online (a.k.a. Frankie's Glitching Songs Thread)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

Who's online 4 360 heists????need2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

I'll keep my 8 mill, thanks!

I'm doing it entirely for the trophy... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Farty88

I'm doing it entirely for the trophy... :o

That was rather RANDOM my FRIEND lolz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

Prison break heist. The most popular heist online. How the **** are people still so bad at it???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Really getting back into this now, was on for a good three hours last night with Sarah_1302 (I think). I was trying to get the daily challenge done so drove to the pier. Got on the roller coaster and had a lovely view of the beach as Sarah made ****e of everyone in a tank. I then stole the tank by accident but I gave it back.

Then off to the flight school, you can make some decent money at that (for a lowly level 18 like me anyway) so did a few runs of that.

Last item on the daily challenge was to compete in a death match. I did two using the quick job app on the phone but they didn't seem to count. Anyone know what the story was with that? One of the matches was this weird climbing one, where everyone was unarmed. But if you got to the top of the climbing thing there were loads of really good weapons. I got close to the top but fell and then wasn't too bothered about trying again. The only other guy on my team made it though and with two minutes to go he arrived with a rifle and knocked the other team around the place. We won.

O and one more kinda funny story, I was toddling off to the atm to deposit some of my ill gotten gains from holding up stores. This atm was beside a petrol station. I had just gotten out of my car and was walking around the corner to make the deposit when some lad came flying at me in his car. I just stepped around the corner, he missed me and barreled straight into the petrol pumps. They exploded, killing him and blowing up his nice looking car. I loled. It really is a great game once you can stand the loading screens and once you get the hang of everything that's going on (which I'm still trying to do).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Could just be some people havent had the chance to host it themselves and are doing it to get the next Heist.
    I was helping a fellow Boardie last night with the Fleeca heist as he still hadnt completed it.
    He was stuck on the 2nd part of the phone hack for a good bit and we just called it quits :D
    Next time I'll be the hacker lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

keano25 wrote: »
    Prison break heist. The most popular heist online. How the **** are people still so bad at it???

I find it easy enough after completing it twice.

I've only played as the pilot in the finale, and the prisoner/prison officer roles sound tough though.

Granted the first time I had some bad luck in the plane, and failed it.

Really getting back into this now, was on for a good three hours last night with Sarah_1302 (I think). I was trying to get the daily challenge done so drove to the pier. Got on the roller coaster and had a lovely view of the beach as Sarah made ****e of everyone in a tank. I then stole the tank by accident but I gave it back.

Then off to the flight school, you can make some decent money at that (for a lowly level 18 like me anyway) so did a few runs of that.

Last item on the daily challenge was to compete in a death match. I did two using the quick job app on the phone but they didn't seem to count. Anyone know what the story was with that? One of the matches was this weird climbing one, where everyone was unarmed. But if you got to the top of the climbing thing there were loads of really good weapons. I got close to the top but fell and then wasn't too bothered about trying again. The only other guy on my team made it though and with two minutes to go he arrived with a rifle and knocked the other team around the place. We won.

O and one more kinda funny story, I was toddling off to the atm to deposit some of my ill gotten gains from holding up stores. This atm was beside a petrol station. I had just gotten out of my car and was walking around the corner to make the deposit when some lad came flying at me in his car. I just stepped around the corner, he missed me and barreled straight into the petrol pumps. They exploded, killing him and blowing up his nice looking car. I loled. It really is a great game once you can stand the loading screens and once you get the hang of everything that's going on (which I'm still trying to do).

ATM? Why didnt you just use your internet banking on the phone instead lol!
    You on PS4 or PS3?

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    I find it easy enough after completing it twice.

I've only played as the pilot in the finale, and the prisoner/prison officer roles sound tough though.

Granted the first time I had some bad luck in the plane, and failed it.

Only the first time? ;)
    The officer/Prisoner part is actually pretty easy, I have yet to try the demolition part, might get that done at some stage next week.

ATM? Why didnt you just use your internet banking on the phone instead lol!
    You on PS4 or PS3?

****e, shows I still have a bit to learn. PS3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Only the first time? ;)
    The officer/Prisoner part is actually pretty easy, I have yet to try the demolition part, might get that done at some stage next week.

Ya first time doing that Finale, I got killed twice in the plane....
    Pure bad luck, fecking Jet ran into me!

The officer/Prisoner sounds hard, when you hear the other players on mic.
    Not knowing where they are getting hit from and that their health is low, etc...
    Sounds like they are never gonna make it out.

Could the buzzard go and support them? Like there is nothing about the Buzzard having to help the pilot, he can help whoever no?

lol Yeah I was the same at the start, always used the ATM's until I was reading some "helpful tips" on GTA and I was like "Seriously? I could have been doing that instead of risking my life and cash at an ATM?"

I'll be on tonight if you fancy doing some heists or regular missions as well as the daily objective.
    MartellusOvammer is the PSN name

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

keano25 wrote: »

It's not that they're bad, imo. It's that they're all randomers drifting to each other. So youll naturally get people starting with half health, no armour, some ammo, no grenades, no snacks....
    As the prison crew...

For me, personally people only died twice I think and an unexpected hurdle once or twice in an organised crew effort (I realised there a timer in the bus that sounds a gps alarm if you don't get it moving quickly enough, so sniping the driver from the other side of the planet is a no no.. and if one of the prison crew dies on normal level, there's one team life and you are spawned down on the forecourt between all the guards..) . The other thirty times have been network disconnections, aforementioned randomers and one monumental plank who didn't open his parachute at the end of the mission.

lol Yeah I was the same at the start, always used the ATM's until I was reading some "helpful tips" on GTA and I was like "Seriously? I could have been doing that instead of risking my life and cash at an ATM?"

I'll be on tonight if you fancy doing some heists or regular missions as well as the daily objective.
    MartellusOvammer is the PSN name

Yup once herself goes off to bed I'll get on for a while, milky0099, think we might be friends already.

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Ya first time doing that Finale, I got killed twice in the plane....
    Pure bad luck, fecking Jet ran into me!

The officer/Prisoner sounds hard, when you hear the other players on mic.
    Not knowing where they are getting hit from and that their health is low, etc...
    Sounds like they are never gonna make it out.

Could the buzzard go and support them? Like there is nothing about the Buzzard having to help the pilot, he can help whoever no?

I reckon that the buzzard would be shot to bits by the 40 odd Noose operatives we've to fight through. At least on the ground we can find cover. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,875 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The prison has serious anit-aircraft missiles when the chopper or velum gets too close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

For those of you into completing the daily objectives... did you know that your swap character also gets daily objectives? Means you can earn twice the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Must level up a second character to the stage where I can buy a garage, actually. Had one at the time of the imports of Franklin's Buffalo, but deleted it for some unknown reason. Be handy when the next Rusty Rebel glitch is discovered!

I think I'd like to be a woman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Must level up a second character to the stage where I can buy a garage, actually. Had one at the time of the imports of Franklin's Buffalo, but deleted it for some unknown reason. Be handy when the next Rusty Rebel glitch is discovered!

I think I'd like to be a woman.

Just did the same last nite made a women character... Proco was all over her like a dog with two mic*ys!!!! want it for the same reason plus the 250k reason... least now phobos won't be the only one seducing ppl in the game...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,875 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I played a bit of Siege Mentality last night with Ron and found it awful boring. As attacking team, I spent most of my time running up levels of a construction site just to be met by Ron's rocket launcher. With my sawn off shotgun, couldn't get close. Tried a few different variations of the mode but none of them interested me. Neither Siege Mentality, Hasta La Vista or the Runners one has come close to Boards-ie Bounty huntin'.

I tried to join a few of yer heists last night but kept getting Session Full message.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Ive tried the golf and running around punching everyone in sight for ten mins but still cant get my strength up and i cant get anyone to arm wrestle. Any other tips

I tried the rubberband trick to level up my stealth, worked amazingly!

As for strength, I spent a while just climbing walls over and over, it leveled up a bit but there is still more to go.
    Will have to find one of those fistycuffs DM, I should have the one in Franklin's house saved from last time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭TacoMan

Anyone been on today? Just wondering if the 250k challenges are still working? I finished my last challenge around 22.30 last night, so I guess I can't do another one until 22.30 tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

Ive tried the golf and running around punching everyone in sight for ten mins but still cant get my strength up and i cant get anyone to arm wrestle. Any other tips

Melee deathmatches are the way to go to build up strength

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

jackrussel wrote: »
    Melee deathmatches are the way to go to build up strength

Ill try it later. I seen something about punching a friends car. Sounds tedious.

What us strength for? i never noticed it before

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

We should have Gym Night where we just do Melee matches to get up to strength :p

Ill try it later. I seen something about punching a friends car. Sounds tedious.

Basically taking more of a beating before wasting, climbing faster, welding melee weapons with more force and I've noticed less recoil on weapons too. All very necessary.

Strength can be enjoyable. Set up a creator for 16 players in front of Trevors Hangar (no reason other than simple space for all the spawn points and the runway is handy for testing any vehicles you place) and turn off death limit and set time to one hour. Put the forced weapons to molotovs and the ai will simply use fists. Go to "Test" with invincibility turned off and basically brawl to your hearts content for an hour. The players drift into large groups and they're hilarious to jump into :D
    Youll be wasted a few times if you're started with little strength but you should be able to hold your ground in groups by the last half hour. When finished, save the test (no need to publish) and quit to gta online (not story). Your strength should be at max. Do something in game to make it save and you're set!

Lung capacity is simple but mind numbing. Go to the underground canal and press the dive button. Hell slowly rise to the surface, breaking it as the breath bar goes red, you can focus on something else, pressing the button when necessary. (Though youll have to do more to stay underwater as your capacity increases over time)

Rubber band trick is handiest for stealth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

You can climb ladders a bit faster, throw grenades etc a bit further and it takes less to kill enemies in melee attacks... that's about it afaik. It's not really a vital stat to increase at all. Imo anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

Can jump from a bigger height and land on yer feet. Climb ladders faster. Knocking out people with 1 punch, take more punches but that has to do with health aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

You can climb ladders a bit faster, throw grenades etc a bit further and it takes less to kill enemies in melee attacks... that's about it afaik. It's not really a vital stat to increase at all. Imo anyway

Afaik I think you can take an extra few bullets as well... So if 2 people start spaying bullets into each other at the same time, the person with higher strength will win.

Advertisement