Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Theft Auto Online (a.k.a. Frankie's Glitching Songs Thread)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

TacoMan wrote: »
    Anyone been on today? Just wondering if the 250k challenges are still working? I finished my last challenge around 22.30 last night, so I guess I can't do another one until 22.30 tonight?

Haven't been on but read that they are a lot like last nite coming and going and challenges that are there to make you fail... I'm on same boat as urself 10 past 10 tonite...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Afaik I think you can take an extra few bullets as well... So if 2 people start spaying bullets into each other at the same time, the person with higher strength will win.

There is the health difference between a high level and a low level.
    I can pick off low levels with a single heavy sniper shot to the body. Higher levels, it might take 2 or 3 shots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭TacoMan

DANNY2014 wrote: »
    Haven't been on but read that they are a lot like last nite coming and going and challenges that are there to make you fail... I'm on same boat as urself 10 past 10 tonite...

Really have to be careful with the races, I nearly lost the plot when I went around a corner in Criminal Records and went face first into a fence :mad:

TacoMan wrote: »
    Really have to be careful with the races, I nearly lost the plot when I went around a corner in Criminal Records and went face first into a fence :mad:

Yea the lowest time I chanced was 2 mins 39... Average ya can do it in say 2 mins 5... And there was one for 2 mins. 118seconds... Hit that fence and you'll be laughing laughing at urself...
    O2JhN1u

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Afaik I think you can take an extra few bullets as well... So if 2 people start spaying bullets into each other at the same time, the person with higher strength will win.

I remember seeing something on Reddit a few months ago that said it hadn't been confirmed that increasing strength reduced damage taken. Maybe it does though

http://www.reddit.com/r/GrandTheftAutoV/comments/2keuoa/complete_guide_of_character_attributes_in_gta_5/

I know that as you level your character up your health bar increases. If you're lvl 20 then your health bar will be 20/100 and so on. Once you reach lvl 100 you can no longer increase it.

My own strength stat is still really low and I'm lvl 101 atm. Maybe we could do some testing to check if there's a difference between stat levels when it comes to taking damage...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Do it up to f*ck, ye might have the strength to pull yer bloody parachute chords :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭DakarVert

I tried the rubberband trick to level up my stealth, worked amazingly!

As for strength, I spent a while just climbing walls over and over, it leveled up a bit but there is still more to go.
    Will have to find one of those fistycuffs DM, I should have the one in Franklin's house saved from last time!

How does the rubber back trick work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

DakarVert wrote: »

Go into stealth mode and lean controller on something so he keeps moving in stealth mode. Increases fairly fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

DakarVert wrote: »

Like Finglas said or go into stealth mode, put a rubber band over the left thumbstick and pull it under the controller and to the right side, thats how I did it for my xbox, your character will start to walk in stealth in whatever direction he is looking, you can just put it so that he walks in circles and in no time your stealth is full

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

Lads, killed two bountys so far today and they come back with bounty still on them? Whats up with that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭crunchie44

i have taken part in over 200 races,winning almost 50% of them yet my stat says im a sunday driver.I also like to spend a lot of time simply driving around the map and doing stunt jumps.Anyone know how I can increase it? my friend has far less races and only does missions yet his stat is maxed out.Just wondering is there something I have missed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,875 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Are you sure you're driving stat is low or do you just notice it in lobbies for games? Glitch at the moment that messes up stats in lobbies. Randomly shows me as sunday driver when I know it's maxed in free roam.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

The rubber banding in servers the last two days are making the game unplayable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Hello,
    So I had this on X-Box 360, and i'm eyeing up the PS4 release.
    Does my charaters online experience carry over? What about their weapons/cars/properties?
    If I haven't played in like 15 months am I gonna be completely fecking lost?
    Like will I be getting mowed down in Heists?
    FWIW My online character is Rank 51

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Cormac... wrote: »
    Hello,
    So I had this on X-Box 360, and i'm eyeing up the PS4 release.
    Does my charaters online experience carry over? What about their weapons/cars/properties?
    If I haven't played in like 15 months am I gonna be completely fecking lost?
    Like will I be getting mowed down in Heists?
    FWIW My online character is Rank 51

You can transfer your character over, keeping your rank, cars, apartments, weapons etc. Nah you won't be lost, just give yourself some time to get back into it before jumping straight into heists. But most importantly, don't be an idiot and walk into helicopter blades at the last step of a heist :o

Benzino wrote: »
    You can transfer your character over, keeping your rank, cars, apartments, weapons etc. Nah you won't be lost, just give yourself some time to get back into it before jumping straight into heists. But most importantly, don't be an idiot and walk into helicopter blades at the last step of a heist :o

Right, and are we 100% confident that the online transfer stuff isn't limited to playing within the same console family (seeing as i'll be going from X-box 360 to PS4), most times games have this type of feature it's usually within the same console family, I'd be quiet impressed if this is not the case?

Also, do they still have "dunce" servers for those of us that actually quiet enjoy the anarchy? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Right, and are we 100% confident that the online transfer stuff isn't limited to playing within the same console family (seeing as i'll be going from X-box 360 to PS4), most times games have this type of feature it's usually within the same console family, I'd be quiet impressed if this is not the case?

Also, do they still have "dunce" servers for those of us that actually quiet enjoy the anarchy? :P

I was 360, now PS4 since the start of this gen, no hassle transferring. Just do it on the console and it'll make the change on social club for you.

I was 360, now PS4 since the start of this gen, no hassle transferring. Just do it on the console and it'll make the change on social club for you.

Well..... well that's just swell :)

Been looking for something to use my €50 Gamestop voucher on since christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Farty88

DANNY2014 wrote: »

Out of the 8 I done one of them f****d me up :(

If I remember correctly the only thing you would lose switching console families is if you had bought a gta cash card on Xbox, it wouldn't transfer to Ps4.
    Whatever normal gta cash you had should still be there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    If I remember correctly the only thing you would lose switching console families is if you had bought a gta cash card on Xbox, it wouldn't transfer to Ps4.
    Whatever normal gta cash you had should still be there.

You do also lose a functioning OS (is that what they're called?) as XBL was rarely down for maintenance, PSN is down regularly. :(

Well..... well that's just swell :)

Been looking for something to use my €50 Gamestop voucher on since christmas

If you are buying gta new, keep an eye out if you get the preorder cash bonus code (leaflet) in the box. Wouldn't surprise me if there is still original stock around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

Attempting to head on now ps3 if anyone wants to try some heists.

Did you get your mic sorted yet?

Who me? I potentially have one but am reluctant to use it widely as I don't like my voice lol

I dont like my voice either, I always think i dont sound masculine enough lol

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

You're not listening to yourself though and trying to Heist without voice comms is a dead loss.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

hopefully mine is waiting for me at home......

If the code for the pre order bonus is in your pack pm it to me and il test it out to see whether it is a dud or genuine... I've a way of doing it with my console...(",)

• Advertisement

I dont like my voice either, I always think i dont sound masculine enough lol

I suppose assuming it works then yes I have a microphone.

Advertisement