Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Theft Auto Online (a.k.a. Frankie's Glitching Songs Thread)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Heard about that, looking forward to watching it later :)

I hadn't heard of it at all, the voice just came out of the blue :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

My subscription expired today so I'll not be on for a while. I'm off to Spain next week so not much point in renewing it until I get back. I've on very little over the last week or 10 days anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

I still cant play heists. Im stuck on prison break setup and anytime I try and play it not a single player accepts the invites :( what am I meant to do.

also can you sell apartments ? I have a medium apartment and a high end but I dont want the medium anymore , I presume I cant sell it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

rottie 11 wrote: »
    I still cant play heists. Im stuck on prison break setup and anytime I try and play it not a single player accepts the invites :( what am I meant to do.

also can you sell apartments ? I have a medium apartment and a high end but I dont want the medium anymore , I presume I cant sell it?

Nope, sadly there is no way of selling it which is a shame but if you want to, you can downgrade and get some money back, just purchase the cheapest garage/home and when you get the option, choose the one you want to put up against it, you should get money back if it is worth less than the one you already have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

What console are you on? You should get some of the crew to do them with you.

You can replace one apartment with another and you get half the price you paid for it back to put towards your new apartment. But that's it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Concannon7

I had that problem with heists too. Could never seem to get enough players to play a heist, but I have been doing them lately with a friend which makes it easier. Add loads of boards crew and try doing it with them. I'll be on it during the week too if u want to add me.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭kfrp

Anytime I'm trying to play online I get the following message.

"could not download the files from the rockstar games service"

Any ideas?

I'm using PS4 and it was fine yesterday.

DubDJ wrote: »
    What console are you on? You should get some of the crew to do them with you.

You can replace one apartment with another and you get half the price you paid for it back to put towards your new apartment. But that's it.

Im on xbox one. I am friends with some of the crew alrite cheers

I had that problem with heists too. Could never seem to get enough players to play a heist, but I have been doing them lately with a friend which makes it easier. Add loads of boards crew and try doing it with them. I'll be on it during the week too if u want to add me.

You on xbox one?

You on xbox one?

Ah crap, sorry no, PS4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

Axwell wrote: »
    the-very-best-of-the-futurama-fry-meme.jpg

Heists are great - just do them with boardsies. Always plenty of people from the crew online and doing them. Trying to do them with randomers will drive you to drink!

I've tried, but no 'boardsies' accept invites.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

On now trying to do prison break heist if anyone wants to join psn markcahill1985

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

kfrp wrote: »
    Anytime I'm trying to play online I get the following message.

"could not download the files from the rockstar games service"

Any ideas?

I'm using PS4 and it was fine yesterday.

Restarting the game fixed it for me the few times it happened. Beyond that, you may need to reinstall (unless you can clear the cache for the app, but I'm not sure if you can do that on PS4).

On now trying to do prison break heist if anyone wants to join psn markcahill1985

Added. If you're still on looking to do heists I'll join in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

***SPOILER***

Just seen Trevor (In real Life) in
    Better Call Saul

Amazing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

rottie 11 wrote:
    I still cant play heists. Im stuck on prison break setup and anytime I try and play it not a single player accepts the invites what am I meant to do.

Same for me too. Could be waiting 20 mins. in lobby and maybe one person accepts. End up just quitting after waiting for so long.

On Xbox one

Guys, I am almost on daily, normally in a party chat with my real life friend, we just do some car dupes and also Heists if there are enough of us on.
    Xbox One MaxMartello
    I normally see 7 to 10 people on, sometimes I am either in a mission or Heist which is why I dont accept requests but when I am free, I join what I can. I also do a Crew Invite whenever I am about to start any mission/heist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

***SPOILER***

Just seen Trevor (In real Life) in
    Better Call Saul

Amazing :D

I thought Lester was in it too. Had to check on Google if it was him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,875 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I thought Lester was in it too. Had to check on Google if it was him!

Snap me too!

ol Trev got a nice bit of dialogue for a small bit of screen time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Magnate

Right lads, own up, which one of you is it? -> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057406646 :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Magnate wrote: »
    Right lads, own up, which one of you is it? -> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057406646 :P

Who's in the bad books lads... Least I had the cop on to get her another tv with sky and set up streaming for her... Ye will never learn...

• Registered Users Posts: 1 harv65

can anyone advise me as to why i keep disconnecting from gta 5 on the xbox one.its been happening since i bought it six months ago
    i can play with a small number of friends but not an open session, i have a static IP, my NAT type is open, and the ports have been forwarded..UPC had me try a direct wired connection but this only worsened things NAT type became strict and charcaters not recognised..i have also tried signal boosters but again no luck..all other games play ok.i have been on to UPC, xbox and to rockstar games all they all try things but nothing works and then they all blame each other has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you resolve it...thanks

Its Rockstar!
    I have my XB1 connected to the broadband by wire and managed to eventually figure out how to open the ports and set the NAT to open but I still have problems sometimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

^ I think thats just GTA online. The Rockstar servers are fairly poor or demand is very high or both.

It's pretty stable for me at the moment, by stable I mean I get stuck up in the clouds/loading screen probably once every day or 2.

And we often have trouble getting friends all into the one game.

Which is a massive improvement on what it was like back in January where it was nearly constantly given issues, couldn't even get into an online session and if you did, you wouldn't last long.

Not to mention the effects it has on flying a Choppah ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Not to mention the effects it has on flying a Choppah ;)

Your pilots chopper skills last night in that Heist were exceptional.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

GMCED wrote:
    Ok folks on a moan here, my husband recently got ps4 and plays gta... I don't get a look in a the the TV anymore, all our latest arguments are over the ps, it's really starting to piss me off!!

Embrace it. There's a few people in the boards crew who real life other half's play...failing that, just move out for a bit :-D

That was a fun heist, not looking forward to the Bin Men one now!
    Oh and cheers for helping out in that Capture mission for my daily objective!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Lads how do you switch weapons on the vehicles like the buzzard and the jet? Had two incidents last night on separate Hesits. One was the prison break where I was flying the choppa and couldn't protect the plane as I didn't know how to switch to the rockets. The other was in the steal the EMP mission where I also couldn't use rockets. I accidentally pressed triangle in frustration and managed to dive head first onto the battleship. Team mates unimpressed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Lads how do you switch weapons on the vehicles like the buzzard and the jet? Had two incidents last night on separate Hesits. One was the prison break where I was flying the choppa and couldn't protect the plane as I didn't know how to switch to the rockets. The other was in the steal the EMP mission where I also couldn't use rockets. I accidentally pressed triangle in frustration and managed to dive head first onto the battleship. Team mates unimpressed.

Pretty sure it's square to change between rockets and cannon.

Advertisement