Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Theft Auto Online (a.k.a. Frankie's Glitching Songs Thread)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭stuartmurphy87

RonanP77 wrote: »
    It's class offroad , I managed to climb up between two walls in mine and park it on the roof of a house.

Haha sounds good. Will buy it later when I'm on and go do some off roading I think. Loads of the map I haven't explored yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

So after a bit of being offline for a few weeks, and a bit of a reality check....

Immmm baaaaaack :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

djflawless wrote: »
    So after a bit of being offline for a few weeks, and a bit of a reality check....

Immmm baaaaaack :D

We were only saying last night that you've been missing for a while. You missed all the fun the last week or two. Lots of explosions and death, and a few randomers that got the better of us. Haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

DubDJ wrote: »
    We were only saying last night that you've been missing for a while. You missed all the fun the last week or two. Lots of explosions and death, and a few randomers that got the better of us. Haha

Me and q were against randomers who were going in and out of passive as much as they wanted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

Had a bit of a break from it for a bit.i now return like ive had some weird epiphany 😂

Any of ye on later?
    Have i missed any updates or anything??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

Doing a setup mission with one of the lads, randomer drove the pickup with the machine gun in to a river *sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Just spent way, way too long doing what should have been a pretty straightforward setup on the Series A heist... The one with the 2 trucks and the pickup with the gunner on the back.

I got knocked over a cliff by the fella in the truck behind me who didn't seem to know there was a brake button. Decided to hang back and let him go ahead the next time... foot to the floor straight off the edge of the cliff himself... Next time he got wedged between some rocks and blew up. The state of him wobbling all over the winding mountain roads at full pelt.

Finally started getting somewhere and the 2 lads in the pickup just f*cked off as fast as they could to the end, straight across the fields without clearing the way.
    They were there waiting on us before we even got out off the sandy roads :mad:

It's hard to believe how stupid some people are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Has anyone ever had money go missing in gta online? Just had 160000 go missing when I accepted a heist mission but the host quit so was kicked back to free roam.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭stuartmurphy87

falan wrote: »
    Has anyone ever had money go missing in gta online? Just had 160000 go missing when I accepted a heist mission but the host quit so was kicked back to free roam.

Check the transatlantic log in the banking screen and see if it shows it going out of account there maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Check the transatlantic log in the banking screen and see if it shows it going out of account there maybe.

Can you be more pacific?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Can you be more pacific?

Go to the maze bank on the internet in your phone and you can check where your money went in the transaction log

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Heading on now; need to do the Prison break heist if anyone wants to help out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

Got a timeout on online after the first setup mission for the prison heist, sorry about that lads.

rottie 11 wrote:
    Go to the maze bank on the internet in your phone and you can check where your money went in the transaction log

Lads it's ok, false alarm. I realised after that when I was in the lobby I clicked buy all ammo by mistake. On the plus side I won't need to go to amnu nation for a while...:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

falan wrote: »
    Lads it's ok, false alarm. I realised after that when I was in the lobby I clicked buy all ammo by mistake. On the plus side I won't need to go to amnu nation for a while...:-)
    $160k for ammo?
    You must have been running around with just a stick in your hand for months!

$160k for ammo? You must have been running around with just a stick in your hand for months!

All I know is that I had just over a million on friday. This morning when I logged in I had 820000. My brother was sat next to me and we were discussing how the f*ck 180000 was blown in about 2 days. I then blew up 2 personal vehicles belonging to randoms. .20000 at most. I then joined a lobby, the host left so got kicked then saw that I only had 660000 left...couldn't work out where 160000 was gone in the space of about 20 mins until I saw all my weapons full.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

So not only does my mic/Headset break today, I can hear people but they cant hear me talk, then during a mission with Mr Freeze and friends, I am in my chopper and my controller stops working, crashing the chopper into a building :(

Right, I kinda found a way around this issue while I wait for my new mic, well my friend found a way.
    Basically he calls me up on Skype and we play some missions or do whatever.
    I'm looking into getting Turtle Beach headset in the meantime, seen a few on their site for €70

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

Right, I kinda found a way around this issue while I wait for my new mic, well my friend found a way. Basically he calls me up on Skype and we play some missions or do whatever. I'm looking into getting Turtle Beach headset in the meantime, seen a few on their site for €70

I go my headset on ebay for 10e or something. works fine for me.......

nc19 wrote: »
    I go my headset on ebay for 10e or something. works fine for me.......

Normally I would be on ebay checking stuff out but this is something that I have to put over my ears and I am a bit paranoid about other people having had them over their ears.
    It probably sounds weird but I dont even use those headsets they have in shops to let you hear what they sound like.
    Dont want any ear cooties :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

$160k for ammo?
    You must have been running around with just a stick in your hand for months!

Nah, I've done that too. It was around $125k IIRC. They added a confirmation button since then though.

Still have over 9k sniper rounds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

The talk of ammo etc has me thinking: what's the best in each class of gun, and what's your go-to gun?

I always select the special carbine for running around. Never use pistols, SMGs (unless out of a car) or MGs. Would use the Sniper rifles more than I would the Marksman, though loads would probably prefer the latter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

The talk of ammo etc has me thinking: what's the best in each class of gun, and what's your go-to gun?

I always select the special carbine for running around. Never use pistols, SMGs (unless out of a car) or MGs. Would use the Sniper rifles more than I would the Marksman, though loads would probably prefer the latter.

I've been thinking the same the last while too. Sometimes I've no idea how other players can shoot you down so easily. Even when you put a round into them first. I think it depends on what upgrades you've done to the gun, so suppressers will take away some of the damage and things like that.

I've been thinking the same the last while too. Sometimes I've no idea how other players can shoot you down so easily. Even when you put a round into them first. I think it depends on what upgrades you've done to the gun, so suppressers will take away some of the damage and things like that.

Headshots!

Ever since they added the option to move with the Sniper rifle, I stopped using the Marksman rifle, didnt really use it that much, was just handy for those snipe and move times.
    To be honest though, most of the time that I am using the Sniper, its just to see how far someone is and if they are aiming at me.

Most times its the Carbine Rifle I would be using and the odd proximity/C4 if being followed.

Kesh was impressed with how we were using our "skills" blowing up cars in GTA races until we mentioned they were proximity mines, he didnt like that. lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Love the ap pistol for headshots ppl usually say down the mic "he jus killed me wit a pistol"...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Anyone on now to help finish prison break heist with me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Pistols - AP Pistol only, really good at shorter distances and for stealth, all the other pistols are crap as they are very slow at shooting
    SMGs - I don't use these at all, useless accuracy & damage
    MGs - I like the Combat MG, great at longer distances
    Assault rifles - Special Carbine is what I use but I don't think there's a huge difference between them all
    Shotguns - Assault Shotgun can't be beat at short range, usually a one hit kill and very fast shooting speed
    Rifles - Heavy Sniper, only use the normal sniper if stealth is required. I haven't really used the Marksman, looks decent but only at certain distances as you can't zoom in or out.
    As said above, headshots. With assisted aim the gun usually points at the body, so when you're aiming slightly nudge the left analog stick down when pressing L1 so that the aimer points up at the head. Takes a bit of practice but it works and that's how most players will take you down with one shot. Other times though it's just because you have low health while they have full health & armour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Why are people such miserable bastards???
    I refuse to start a heist for 15%

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Why are people such miserable bastards???
    I refuse to start a heist for 15%

I usually let the clock run down to the last 5 seconds before its about to start and then quit to teach them a lesson.

Works best if they invite you back again after

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Do ye always give 25%?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,875 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Do ye always give 25%?

Nope, If i'm heist leader I give everyone else 20% and that means they make more than I do. Between the down payment the leader makes and the no cash they get for each setup mission, then it breaks even giving everyone else 15% but it's not great incentive for someone else to commit a few hours to. Like one of the heists, the down payment is 100k. The other members will make 100k from the setup missions so the leader is down 200k already so you'r damn skippy I'm taking 40% of the cut.

Advertisement