Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Theft Auto Online (a.k.a. Frankie's Glitching Songs Thread)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Nope, If i'm heist leader I give everyone else 20% and that means they make more than I do. Between the down payment the leader makes and the no cash they get for each setup mission, then it breaks even giving everyone else 15% but it's not great incentive for someone else to commit a few hours to. Like one of the heists, the down payment is 100k. The other members will make 100k from the setup missions so the leader is down 200k already so you'r damn skippy I'm taking 40% of the cut.
    I remember that time we done the heist with urself and ya took 97% cut for urself Mr sheehy... We all came out with 1,376 each... #neveragain

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Why are people such miserable bastards???
    I refuse to start a heist for 15%

Because they want to cover their startup costs, maybe?! You're already making money (130k from setup of last heist for example). Expecting them to front up the cash, invite you to a heist and lose money on it is a bit much, particularly if they're randoms. If it's lads off the crew who you intend paying back by being part of their heists then fair enough. If you've no intention of paying them back and they only give you 15% then tough t1tties tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

DubDJ wrote: »
    I've been thinking the same the last while too. Sometimes I've no idea how other players can shoot you down so easily. Even when you put a round into them first. I think it depends on what upgrades you've done to the gun, so suppressers will take away some of the damage and things like that.

Flick up between aiming and firing for a headshot. That's how they kill you first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,875 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

DANNY2014 wrote: »
    I remember that time we done the heist with urself and ya took 97% cut for urself Mr sheehy... We all came out with 1,376 each... #neveragain

I only gave ye that 1% each to stop ye whining!! Plus, I was worth every penny! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Nope, If i'm heist leader I give everyone else 20% and that means they make more than I do. Between the down payment the leader makes and the no cash they get for each setup mission, then it breaks even giving everyone else 15% but it's not great incentive for someone else to commit a few hours to. Like one of the heists, the down payment is 100k. The other members will make 100k from the setup missions so the leader is down 200k already so you'r damn skippy I'm taking 40% of the cut.

Ive only been leader once and I gave 25% each . That was to only get the achievment tho :D il be taking 40% next time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Do ye always give 25%?

Only done Heists with Friends.

And for a few we did 25% each, but now the leader takes 40% and the rest all take 20%.

We are doing Heists with roughly the same group of people so it all evens out, seems the fairest way anyways for the leader to get a larger cut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Because they want to cover their startup costs, maybe?! You're already making money (130k from setup of last heist for example). Expecting them to front up the cash, invite you to a heist and lose money on it is a bit much, particularly if they're randoms. If it's lads off the crew who you intend paying back by being part of their heists then fair enough. If you've no intention of paying them back and they only give you 15% then tough t1tties tbh.

Pacific Standard is 100k to start. 55% for the heist leader leaves them with over 600k iirc.
    40-20-20-20 will easily cover costs and then some.

Maybe I'm just too generous, I've gone an even split on all bar one where I took 40%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Some prick randoms decided to give me 5% of the cut the cheeky ****ers. It was on the prison break mission. I was the demolitions pilot. That was not a good idea for them. Used the buzzard to blow up the plane twice, then waited until they got out of the prison and onto the plane and blew it up again. Then quit 30 seconds from the beach to really piss them off. Spainish dickheads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Some prick randoms decided to give me 5% of the cut the cheeky ****ers. It was on the prison break mission. I was the demolitions pilot. That was not a good idea for them. Used the buzzard to blow up the plane twice, then waited until they got out of the prison and onto the plane and blew it up again. Then quit 30 seconds from the beach to really piss them off. Spainish dickheads.

:D if you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

rottie 11 wrote:
    Do ye always give 25%?

What platform are you? I'll do heists with you for 25%.
    Crew and friends get 20%
    Randomers are getting 15% unless they have done a few setups and dont f*ck things up. I had a nightmare this morning trying to do the garbage truck set up with a level 12, 16 and a 44. I think we had 5 attempts on normal before I quit at the sheer incompetence of it all. It felt like I was the only one trying and one of them had the cheek to message me after and say I was fecking useless. .I remember one of them was supposed to be covering us while we rather 'I' brought out the bin bags...He's standing at the front of the truck with his sh1tty pistol shooting the engine and tyres.
    There's one born every minute.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Are these the same Spanish Dickheads who you would see ten of them in a pub taking up valuable heating and seats and nursing a pint between them for the night. Tight bustard s :-D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I've found that being the host of nearly all the heists will mean you come out with less than the crew doing the 40-20-20-20 split. Usually on hard they'll get get around 130k for the setups and then around the same for the finale. You come out with around the same or just less. If it's somebody joining just for the finale it makes more sense to give them a larger cut because they've lost out on all setup payouts but at the same time they've getting a handy $100k-130k for one mission so I think the 20% is fair in most cases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

DubDJ wrote: »
    I've found that being the host of nearly all the heists will mean you come out with less than the crew doing the 40-20-20-20 split. Usually on hard they'll get get around 130k for the setups and then around the same for the finale. You come out with around the same or just less. If it's somebody joining just for the finale it makes more sense to give them a larger cut because they've lost out on all setup payouts but at the same time they've getting a handy $100k-130k for one mission so I think the 20% is fair in most cases.

Yeah but you're a tight cnut.

Pacific Standard is 100k to start. 55% for the heist leader leaves them with over 600k iirc.
    40-20-20-20 will easily cover costs and then some.

Maybe I'm just too generous, I've gone an even split on all bar one where I took 40%

600k if you don't lose a shedload of money.

Don't get me wrong, I'd divide it up 40-20-20-20 (and Proco and I took 5%, or whatever the lowest is, each one night to give other lads money) but I wouldn't be giving out if I got only 15% having got the 130k beforehand and playing with randoms. That said, if a crew member tried to give me less than 15 I'd be on her giving out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

600k if you don't lose a shedload of money.

Don't get me wrong, I'd divide it up 40-20-20-20 (and Proco and I took 5%, or whatever the lowest is, each one night to give other lads money) but I wouldn't be giving out if I got only 15% having got the 130k beforehand and playing with randoms. That said, if a crew member tried to give me less than 15 I'd be on her giving out!

I'd only give ya 3% Frankie more than your worth in fairness...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I think it's 20% for anyone who hasn't done the setup, 15 for anyone who has. I'd be happy to play under those terms. Any crew members I've played with have always been more than fair.

Niall gave us all 20% even though we'd made a ****load on the setups. But part of that was compensation for having to listen to him the whole time. Bring back the days before his €10 headset!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Yeah but you're a tight cnut.

Just coz you live life like a monk on GTA :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,301 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

nkay1985 wrote: »
    I think it's 20% for anyone who hasn't done the setup, 15 for anyone who has. I'd be happy to play under those terms. Any crew members I've played with have always been more than fair.

Niall gave us all 20% even though we'd made a ****load on the setups. But part of that was compensation for having to listen to him the whole time. Bring back the days before his €10 headset!
    I just mute him.

Here's that GTA video I mentioned yesterday btw:
    http://giant.gfycat.com/SameHelplessGorilla.webm

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

nkay1985 wrote: »

why would you give some who has done no setups for the heist more than someone who has?
    40% for the host and 20 for the others. 15 if theyre a randomer and didnt do a setup, 20 otherwise

DANNY2014 wrote: »
    I'd only give ya 3% Frankie more than your worth in fairness...

That's all a tightwad gowl like you would want to give anyone. I heard you dropped 50c the other day and it hit you on the back of the head.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

I'm actually crying here

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Concannon7

Does the 10% discount you get when you stalk Elitas Travel on Lifeinvader work online or is it just offline?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I think it works online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭TacoMan

I thought LifeInvader was unavailable online? Or is it a case of stalking Elitas in single player and the discount carries over to online? Even though online is meant to take place before the single player game?

Levels of confusion rising, time to re-watch Inception. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I access it from the Rockstar website and stalk them so that I can get the discounts

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Concannon7

I used the GTA app on my phone to stalk them. Just wasn't sure if discounts carried over to online mode or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

jackrussel wrote: »
    why would you give some who has done no setups for the heist more than someone who has?
    40% for the host and 20 for the others. 15 if theyre a randomer and didnt do a setup, 20 otherwise

Because if you haven't done any setups, you're only getting money from the actual heist. If you have, you've already made a load of money from the setups.

I'd personally give 20% anyway but I'd be happy to accept 15% in those circumstances.

Yous are all just plain mean :pac:

If I'm cutting someone in for 25%, they are far less likely to quit if the heist is failed a couple of times. I get the feeling they are trying harder too, far less headless chicken, running and gunning when there's a good wedge to be made.

Some low-level American kid was on the other day and he was made up that he got 25%, that made me happy too. It's nice to be nice lads, loosen the purse strings :D

One thing that really bugs me about the heists/setups is the poxy long drives to get there.
    It's the same route for so many of them, you would think they would switch it up a bit to take the monotony out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Speaking of hesits I still need to start mine. Anyone on for the full Fleeca hesit later? PS3, and I won't be a tight **** like some in here.

Advertisement