Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Theft Auto Online (a.k.a. Frankie's Glitching Songs Thread)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

keano25 wrote: »
    What's up with the bountys? Killed two earlier and bam they come back with bounty still. Then some other gob****e gets them and bam bounty claimed..

I'm finding it very buggy lately. I got stuck in my apartment last night, the option to leave apartment/go to garage wasn't there. There's only so much whiskey and bongs a man can handle...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Im starting to get bored of this game atm. I do my daily objectives every day and thats it.

Theres not much to do really in it, either go around killing people or do the same missions over and over again.

Then when I try to finish my heists I cant get one person to join.

Hope im just going threw a phase because I really do love the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Im starting to get bored of this game atm. I do my daily objectives every day and thats it.

Theres not much to do really in it, either go around killing people or do the same missions over and over again.

Then when I try to finish my heists I cant get one person to join.

Hope im just going threw a phase because I really do love the game.

Take a break from it. Spend a week or two playing something else. I think we all get a bit bored every so often.

I'd have stopped playing myself only for the craic we have with the crew (ps4), just messing around & talking sh1te on the mics. :pac:

Yesterday we had a freeroam game of panto vs insurgents. I had 3 insurgents after me in the panto, trying my best to avoid getting hit. The only problem was my panto wouldn't blow up, I might take off the armour or use a car off the street the next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    Take a break from it. Spend a week or two playing something else. I think we all get a bit bored every so often.

I'd have stopped playing myself only for the craic we have with the crew (ps4), just messing around & talking sh1te on the mics. :pac:

Yesterday we had a freeroam game of panto vs insurgents. I had 3 insurgents after me in the panto, trying my best to avoid getting hit. The only problem was my panto wouldn't blow up, I might take off the armour or use a car off the street the next time.

WTF? Never happens, you're imagining things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Sorry to the heist guy I was in with this morning. We were just finished the car set up mission for the prison break and the internet decided it had enough and packed it in. ****ing UPC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Is there a magical way to actually get people to Join Heists? :confused:

Open/Closed
    Auto Invite
    Etc.........

And then just randomly click all the other buttons hoping people apply which tends to be the way I do it lately. Some days I can get lucky and within a minute 3 others have joined and we're away and other days I'm just sitting there bored off my t*ts waiting for people to join. :mad:

I'm hosting the Series A Ron Heists right now and the Trash truck set up seems to be like fire to people. Nobody wants to touch it. I skipped forwards to the next setup on the board and they were all over it.

I'm Bertie2 btw on PSN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

PS3 or 4?
    I'll lend a hand if its PS3, be on at some point tonight, MartellusOvammer

I was doing the EMP setup with some friends last night and it went well, the guy had the Hydra at the airfield and was literally just in the door when my jet for some reason started going down so i tried to parachute out but the chute didnt open and i died :(
    We redid it and again was going well when, at the exact same point again, a different player had parachuted and ended up hitting a fence he didnt see until the last minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

PS4. Had a team doing the trashmaster and one guy ran off. Really. He just ran off in the game, wouldn't get back in. Weirdo

One guy decided he was done and just blew up the trashmaster and quit. It's not even a hard job.

Money isn't great in heists either. Don't know why I bother.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

I think the best way to do heists is start a chat party, name it something heist-y and start inviting crew members. When you get 4 likely candidates thunderbirds are go! Etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

Has anyone bought the armed insurgent? Is it worth buying?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

sean1141 wrote: »

Handy if you've a friend with you, the shooter is well protected but the driver is vulnerable to being shot.

I bought it. Think it's probably better than the normal one in that you don't have it in your garage. Definitely better craic with a good gunner up on top. As said above, you're a bit vulnerable driving but if you keep moving you shouldn't be too bad.

Would love a session with a good few crew members and 3 of these yokes out causing mayhem in unison, hunting the others down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    I think the best way to do heists is start a chat party, name it something heist-y and start inviting crew members. When you get 4 likely candidates thunderbirds are go! Etc

Unless you experience NAT-type issues! :mad::mad:

DubDJ wrote:
    Handy if you've a friend with you, the shooter is well protected but the driver is vulnerable to being shot.

Do they take as many hits from rockets and sticky bombs as the normal one?
    I have money burning a hole in my pocket ha..

I bought it. Think it's probably better than the normal one in that you don't have it in your garage. Definitely better craic with a good gunner up on top. As said above, you're a bit vulnerable driving but if you keep moving you shouldn't be too bad.

I have the normal one which I like for every day driving around. I have even taken out a hydra with it!! But it's pretty easy to get shot in it 2 from the front.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

sean1141 wrote:
    Do they take as many hits from rockets and sticky bombs as the normal one? I have money burning a hole in my pocket ha..

A few stickies on the bonnet of a stolen mini will soon put you your misery ;-) Allah Akhbar

Do they take as many hits from rockets and sticky bombs as the normal one?
    I have money burning a hole in my pocket ha..

The normal one you can store in your garage takes six hits, the Pegasus version only takes four as far as I know. I bought both as soon as I had enough. I use the normal one all the time, I'd prefer that. But that weaponised version comes in handy when your out causing trouble. Haha.

They're very handy when you have a bounty and want a bit of a chase. Instead of getting sticky bombed you can get away. They're also great as tank busters, 4 stickies on the front, blow the tank and drive away. I'd recommend buying both but between the two I'd go for the normal version.

I've seen/had a few dodgy excuses in my time as to why a crew member might kill you, but Proco topped it today.

"You walked right into my rocket Frankie, that's your fault".

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I am not surprised, he always has something or someone else to blame when he kills you! :D

I gave him two warnings yesterday too - "Don't blow up my bike" and "Don't blow up my helichopper". He did, each time. And sounded genuinely shocked and hurt when I killed him each time :pac:

• Advertisement

I've seen/had a few dodgy excuses in my time as to why a crew member might kill you, but Proco topped it today.

"You walked right into my rocket Frankie, that's your fault".

:confused:

Ah now Frankie, I've received about 20 pm's congratulating me for standing up to you. (mostly offaly based pm's)

We won't stand idly by, watching you intimidate quiet crew members like the ones I've mentioned above and then cry "poor defenseless Frankie" afterwards.

I gave him two warnings yesterday too - "Don't blow up my bike" and "Don't blow up my helichopper". He did, each time. And sounded genuinely shocked and hurt when I killed him each time :pac:

Frankie joins me on the control tower, we're hiding up high with his chopper in plain sight....

Yer not the smartest sniper in the world, are ya Frankie :pac:

No but, good lord, I am a handsome divil.

Some of the texts you get off other players are very funny.

One bloke got two sly kills on me, kept going into passive. Got two of the Boards crew to help draw him out and he got killed about 5 times after that. Following that was a text from him "you and your mates are c*nts" :p

Another player was having a fight with me, were were evens on kills, then he got his mate to try kill me slyly, spotted him and shot him. Got him a second time a while later and then got text calling me a "MEGA VIRGIN" :p.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

I was killing a fella the last day I had a bounty on me.

Glitcher. Is the text he sent me lol.

keano25 wrote: »
    I was killing a fella the last day I had a bounty on me.

Glitcher. Is the text he sent me lol.

I was lagging so bad in a deathmatch once, a couple kids thought I was a hacker :pac:

Just bought the carbon bike and brought it to ls customs. When I put the turbo on the acceleration bar was full so Is there any point upgrading the engine etc because the acceleration is already full?

Just bought the carbon bike and brought it to ls customs. When I put the turbo on the acceleration bar was full so Is there any point upgrading the engine etc because the acceleration is already full?

Ignore those performance bars, they are not accurate.

Adding the turbo will make the bike faster.

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    Ignore those performance bars, they are not accurate.

Adding the turbo will make the bike faster.

I added the turbo but should I upgrade the transmission and engine as well even tho the acceleration is full?

• Advertisement

I added the turbo but should I upgrade the transmission and engine as well even tho the acceleration is full?

Yea, they all make a difference.

Advertisement