Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Theft Auto Online (a.k.a. Frankie's Glitching Songs Thread)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Simon201

Just a couple of queries here about crews. On the PC version and I joined the Boards crew and another one called 'Hellswolfpak', but I've never been able to join a crew in the game when going online. It always says 'failed to join compatible crew' or something. In fact, in a month of playing online I've only been in a session once with someone from the boards crew....

On the other hand it's very addictive and great entertainment. The game itself seems very stable. Since April I don't think it's ever crashed to the desktop and it's only frozen twice on me since then.

Don't really mind randomers etc but there's a few narky heads sometimes... like I was doing the Criminal records race with someone. He won two then on the third I was winning and I could see he wasn't behind me. Then when I finished I was spectating him driving madly around the hills nowhere near the race. Race finished and heading back into town and he drives by and sticky bombs me.
    I didn't care and it was a quick $9000 or so out of his account to pay for my car on the insurance..:confused: (of course it could have been a 'she'...)

The loading times when you've finished a mission/race whatever can be a little annoying! I've become used to making a cup of tea etc sometimes at these times!
    But I think the most annoying thing is people leaving a heist just as it starts or half way through for no apparant reason...:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Had a total ****ing wanker of a randomer on with me last week. We were doing the prison heist. Myself and another chap were the ground team and we made it through relatively ok. Got the lad out and got into the plane. All grand, me already spending them sweet $$$ on a nice turbo upgrade. But dickhead pilot has other ideas.

He flies towards the map marker for the drop point and hasn't lost the cops. We spent about 15 minutes flying around the checkpoint with police helicopters spawning right beside us. The pilot was told several times to fly inland away from the spawn point and then come back when the police are lost. What does captain gob****e do? Flies the plane straight into the side of a mountain. All killed, back to the start. Why do people do this. You should be able to have a list of "never play with these ****ers again", least then the constant spanners would find it harder to get into games.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CraigM84

Had similar with the lab heist, sneaking in with no alarms raised was too complex for some ppl, in the end gave up trying to complete it and went for a killing spree :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

THAT is exactly what I mean, its happened to me too, I am looking to see who is there and make sure I am not shooting a fellow crew member when Proco would shoot me and if I asked, he would say "Well you were aiming at me with the sniper rifle"

It's a short memory you have Max. :(

Last time I was online with you, myself and etcher gave you at least 500k through fixing races in your favour and dropped loads of ammo for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Anyone that puts the wheelie bar on the Sabre should be shot in the face! Why ruin a car that nice?! :(
    I agree, it's an awful addition to the car.

There's me on the motorway, trying to Vin Diesel it like a spanner, until I discovered it serves no purpose. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Had a total ****ing wanker of a randomer on with me last week. We were doing the prison heist. Myself and another chap were the ground team and we made it through relatively ok. Got the lad out and got into the plane. All grand, me already spending them sweet $$$ on a nice turbo upgrade. But dickhead pilot has other ideas.

He flies towards the map marker for the drop point and hasn't lost the cops. We spent about 15 minutes flying around the checkpoint with police helicopters spawning right beside us. The pilot was told several times to fly inland away from the spawn point and then come back when the police are lost. What does captain gob****e do? Flies the plane straight into the side of a mountain. All killed, back to the start. Why do people do this. You should be able to have a list of "never play with these ****ers again", least then the constant spanners would find it harder to get into games.

Are you sure the game didn't just glitch that time? I had a situation similar to that, I was the Pilot and we had a few tries and the prison team finally made it out alive. Flew down to the checkpoint but just couldn't lose the cops. They weren't anywhere near and no matter what I tried I couldn't even get the stars to start flashing. It was definitely some sort of glitch, I even tried landing and getting out and in but couldn't leave. It pissed me off as well because I spend so much time on it with the prison team constantly dying.

They all quit out after that and it was time wasted for nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭gumbo1

I was doin the Humane labs finale last week and it glitched for the ground team, I was pilot so had to destroy the helicopter!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

gumbo1 wrote: »
    I was doin the Humane labs finale last week and it glitched for the ground team, I was pilot so had to destroy the helicopter!

Game on 360 is very glitchy lately. Coming across a lot of modders too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭gumbo1

I'm on ps3, it seems that when I complete the finale of any heist I'm left looking at the loading screen for at least 5 mins before I have to restart the game!

There not modders really, your just brutal and keep getting killed. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

DubDJ wrote: »
    There not modders really, your just brutal and keep getting killed. :p

Im bad enough they could kill me anyway. The bloke who would kill himself after getting a kil and couldnt be shot. The blokes who can glitch al over the place so you cant shoot them and the bloke who had an automatic gun instead of a sniper rifle last night are three that come to mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Those fighter jets seem to be spawning out of nowhere.

I dont bother trying to fly because I will only get shot down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Simon201

I thought I'd read that modding isn't allowed on the online game but the other day I started a heist. Myself and another fella started driving to Sandy Shores or somewhere in that direction and while we were still in Los Santos, the other two players were at the destination! I see there's that trip skip but don't all the players have to be in one vehicle?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

A couple of strange things happened me last night, thought I'd share them:

1. I killed a lad with a bounty on him; cha-ching, 7k. He respawns and still has the bounty on him. Bang, 7k :D Easy money!

2. I had my lovely Turismo R out, down near the airport. I left it near the car park and went looking for a non-crew member. Probably to offer him a stick of gum, I don't really remember. Anyway, there was an explosion, the ground shook a little bit and I got a message saying 'daveyharte blew up your jam jar'. But davey says it wasn't him. And then when I claimed it off Mors Mutual, it says Davey picked up the cost of it, but he swears it wasn't him. I don't know who to believe any more, surely Davey didn't blow my car up if he says he didn't? Should I go to the Personal Issues forum with this?

Should I go to the Personal Issues forum with this?

I think you'd be more suited to the Ranting and Raving Forum :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,875 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

When's the new update out? Been balls deep in witcher 3 for the last 2 weeks.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    When's the new update out? Been balls deep in witcher 3 for the last 2 weeks.

Tuesday I think. Doesn't seem too exciting imo.

[/YOUTUBE]
    Kenjataimu wrote: »
    I think you'd be more suited to the Ranting and Raving Forum :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,875 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Tuesday I think. Doesn't seem too exciting imo.

Yeah it seems very tame unless they are holding back a surprise like a mansion or something. Actually, I dunno what they could add to kick a good bit of life back into it. The Virgo looks class but how long would you actually drive it for as it looks fairly slow.

I want a clean version of the voodoo.

They should also bring out new cosmetic upgrades for existing cars.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

I had that bounty glitch too last night. Some spanner put a 90 k bounty on my head. Yes, 90 k. Obviously it was ****ing open season on my ass. Lasted about 10 minutes but someone eventually got me. I respawned and tried to enter passive mode but I couldn't as it said I had a bounty on my head. Panic. No car, down near the docks and a lot of angry red dots around me. Tried to run but was sniped nearly instantly. Respawn, repeat x 3. Eventually got into passive mode but it seemed like the same bounty was claimed 5 times on me. Very strange.

I want a clean version of the voodoo.

They should also bring out new cosmetic upgrades for existing cars.

That Voodoo you have is a sweet looking motor, but I would only drive it if it was the clean version. The rusty bits would do my bap in.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Farty88

A couple of strange things happened me last night, thought I'd share them:

1. I killed a lad with a bounty on him; cha-ching, 7k. He respawns and still has the bounty on him. Bang, 7k :D Easy money!

2. I had my lovely Turismo R out, down near the airport. I left it near the car park and went looking for a non-crew member. Probably to offer him a stick of gum, I don't really remember. Anyway, there was an explosion, the ground shook a little bit and I got a message saying 'daveyharte blew up your jam jar'. But davey says it wasn't him. And then when I claimed it off Mors Mutual, it says Davey picked up the cost of it, but he swears it wasn't him. I don't know who to believe any more, surely Davey didn't blow my car up if he says he didn't? Should I go to the Personal Issues forum with this?

Really think best option is to contact forums see if ya can organise getting hawkeye for that Incident

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭TacoMan

As an eye-witness to Frankie's car being destroyed here's how it went down on my screen.

I get killed and respawn near the airport car park.

(BEEP BEEP)

Danny Bubbles pulls up in a nice looking Turismo and I hop in.

Me: "Nice car, lol at the plate."
    Danny: "It's not mine...."
    Me: "Who is G33BAG???"
    Frankie: "Me!"

We speed around the corner and Davy is standing there in passive mode. As we get near Davy (who is not moving) the car just explodes, and on my screen I see: "Danny Bubbles has exploded you.".

It was very strange Danny was driving, Davy wasn't moving/in passive mode and the car just blew up....:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,410 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Typical shill behaviour, spread misinformation. muddy the waters...

Probably the remote ignition bomb in the car and he blew you up on the sly. :D

TacoMan wrote: »
    As an eye-witness to Frankie's car being destroyed here's how it went down on my screen.

(BEEP BEEP)

We speed around the corner and Davy is standing there in passive mode. As we get near Davy (who is not moving) the car just explodes, and on my screen I see: "Danny Bubbles has exploded you.".

It was very strange Danny was driving, Davy wasn't moving/in passive mode and the car just blew up....:confused:

Ah now lads, it's a bit obvious that you hit a proximity mine.

Davey probably forgot about it. Or whoever got the kill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

(BEEP BEEP)

I've never been a member of any organisation that blows things up... I've stated it last nite that it wasn't me now I WILL NOTSH STANDDD HEAR AND BEEE CALLLLED A LIARRR....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭TacoMan

Ah now lads, it's a bit obvious that you hit a proximity mine.

Davey probably forgot about it. Or whoever got the kill.

I thought there may have been a proximity involved, but it doesn't explain why it said Danny killed me (he didn't) and Davy paid the insurance for destroying Frankie's car (he didn't) :confused:

Gremlins or hackers or a crazy hybrid of both.

• Advertisement

I thought there may have been a proximity involved, but it doesn't explain why it said Danny killed me (he didn't) and Davy paid the insurance for destroying Frankie's car (he didn't) :confused:

Gremlins or hackers or a crazy hybrid of both.

It vas Louis Van Glitsch.....yyyyeeeeeeeeeeeesssssshhhhhh, we GO for shecond!

I chellensh the perpetrator to a du-el thish evening. Pishtolsh at dawn!

Advertisement