Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Theft Auto Online (a.k.a. Frankie's Glitching Songs Thread)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭TacoMan

This is beginning to grind my gears now. It's been going about an hour and a half and now it says 4 hours left (started as 3 hours). I might just quit and restart the PS4. The heist update didn't even take this long ffs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

It won't feckin download for me.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Took about 10 minutes to reach 4.7 GB, and it took about 20 minutes to reach 4.8 GB. Says 10 hours left.

Few other interesting bits from the patch notes:
    • Some weapon rebalancing tweaks have been made based on community feedback. The MG and the Combat MG have increased damage, and the Assault Shotgun is now less effective at longer ranges.
    • The hook of the Cargobob can no longer lift the vehicles of players in passive mode.
    • Added the ability to cycle between targets when using lock-on missiles (such as Buzzard missiles or the Homing Launcher).
    • Fixed an issue that can lead to unpopulated sessions and sessions with just one player.
    • Fixed an issue which caused the Armored Kuruma’s doors to be too vulnerable to sniper fire.
    • Fixed an issue that caused some players to be split into different sessions after completing a Heist Setup Mission.

Don't bother restarting, makes no difference. Worse if anything - the update will now take 7 hours apparently. .001gb of the file now takes 10 seconds to download.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

TacoMan wrote: »
    Don't bother restarting, makes no difference. Worse if anything - the update will now take 7 hours apparently. .001gb of the file now takes 10 seconds to download.

Its either rockstar or ps thats the problem.

Painfully slow.

I'm 5.637GB/6.591GB (4 hours left)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

It's due to the high server load. Everyone's downloading the same update everywhere so the Rockstar's servers won't be able to give you the download speeds that you want.

If you have any patience, you'd wait till the weekend when it's better...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

It's due to the high server load. Everyone's downloading the same update everywhere so the Rockstar's servers won't be able to give you the download speeds that you want.

jamo2oo9 wrote: »

Looks like it'll take that long anyways :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

Mine gets up around 70/80% then times out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Sure it's prob got millions On Pc downloading... What's the size for pc btw??? Prob best Off forget tonite so...

• Advertisement

I restarted the ps4 around 5 minutes ago and it's flying along now. Maybe the worst is over. Should be online in around 15 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Farty88

Looking like with my sh1te Internet il be on next month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Just drove down to the Mod shop with my new Osiris and went to have a look at the Chrome Rims. Seems like there's a glitch that marks them all free.

The High End, SUV and Tuner chrome rims are all marked as free. Just fit them to 5 of my cars (all super) and they worked for every one. It just seems to be those three wheel types in the chrome section as well.

Tried buying a Rusty Rebel, fitting them and trying to sell but it only goes for $1800 so no money to be made.

Handy though because there normally close to $100k each so nice getting them all for free. I'm on the Xbox 360 too so I'm not sure if it's on other consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    Its either rockstar or ps thats the problem.

Painfully slow.

I'm 5.637GB/6.591GB (4 hours left)

I restarted at 6.30, set it into rest mode and then went off on a 15km walk. Was ready when I got home, no bother (2hours later).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

My update on PC started going backwards! And I had left it going while I went off for an hour so no idea how long its been stuck there :(

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭JDM Jack

I'm back, if anyone even remembers who I am. I haven't been online in what I estimate to be around 2 months, are people still heisting away? Don't think I ever even got past the second heist, hopefully they're not dead (in spirit). Heard there's a new update out as well, is that the first since the Heist updates?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

I'm still 0.7 GB to go after over 8 hours downloading on a solid 80 meg connection.

3 hours left....

cnuts :(

BTW

Here's broughy1322's fully upgraded tests on the new DLC vehicles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Drove the new pagassi car tonight. 2 words. Tail happy. Found it hard enough to control. Either that or I can't control a car in gta with drink on me :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

Lads do the money and rp generators you see on Facebook genuinely work? Or is it just of load of ****e?

Some lads are on there with screenshots from mobiles saying it worked

• Registered Users Posts: 2,410 ✭✭✭Hoop66

I had to leave it overnight - it was sitting on 4.822/6.591GB (10 hours) going up about 0.001Gb every minute or so.

All done this morning, and I got a decent night's sleep instead of getting baked and farting around til god knows when.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Simon201

I'm still 0.7 GB to go after over 8 hours downloading on a solid 80 meg connection.

3 hours left....

Woah I musta got lucky, turned on at 9.20 last night. There was a message about updating the social club and I had to restart the computer but it seem to update ok then and was doing the nightly Crazy loops wallride 2 by 9.35!

That's some update for killing the cash. I started with 35m yesterday, after investing in two gold flying vehicles, a new fully modded Osiris, a few new clothes, and a fully modded Windsor I'm down to just over 14m.

Fudge.

I reckon the second update will kill the rest of the cash, unless Louis shows up with some new trickery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

That's some update for killing the cash. I started with 35m yesterday, after investing in two gold flying vehicles, a new fully modded Osiris, a few new clothes, and a fully modded Windsor I'm down to just over 14m.

Fudge.

I reckon the second update will kill the rest of the cash, unless Louis shows up with some new trickery.

Thinly veiled 'After buying two gold planes and fancy cars I'm still considerably richer than you' story. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭DakarVert

How have people got multiple million?

I'm down to 20k (And I'v bought nothing this update!)

Are people hacking or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,410 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Just careful money management, and a quick dabble in the car sales market...

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭stuartmurphy87

Fudge.

What's the Windsor like? Was gonna buy it as well last night but said I'd wait.

keano25 wrote: »
    Lads do the money and rp generators you see on Facebook genuinely work? Or is it just of load of ****e?

Some lads are on there with screenshots from mobiles saying it worked

Some sort of scam or virus.

What's the Windsor like? Was gonna buy it as well last night but said I'd wait.

First impressions - not impressed.

It's classed as a coupe, but it feels like the Zion or Exemplar would leave it for dust, possibly the Oracle and Sentinel (XS) too.

I took it for a quick spin around freemode and it's acceleration is very poor. Handling is so-so, the Zion handles better imo. I'll give it a go in a few races and see how it goes. I'll be on this evening around 9ish if you fancy taking it for a spin. For the lolz and bantz we can head to the airport and have a race on the straight runway - Windsor vs. Zion.

On the upside, it's a very nice looking car, once you dont pick horrible wrapping paper (you can also just respray it with standard colours, one custom wrap is included in the purchase cost).

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭stuartmurphy87

First impressions - not impressed.

It's classed as a coupe, but it feels like the Zion or Exemplar would leave it for dust, possibly the Oracle and Sentinel (XS) too.

I took it for a quick spin around freemode and it's acceleration is very poor. Handling is so-so, the Zion handles better imo. I'll give it a go in a few races and see how it goes. I'll be on this evening around 9ish if you fancy taking it for a spin. For the lolz and bantz we can head to the airport and have a race on the straight runway - Windsor vs. Zion.

On the upside, it's a very nice looking car, once you dont pick horrible wrapping paper (you can also just respray it with standard colours, one custom wrap is included in the purchase cost).

Sounds like a plan. Nice one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭DakarVert

Anyone tried 4x4 5 race?

After 46mins I gave in it's ****ing impossible!

Advertisement