Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Theft Auto Online (a.k.a. Frankie's Glitching Songs Thread)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭stuartmurphy87

I tried joining you lads, but no joy.

I'm in sessions with others now but saving failed is popping up an awful lot.

Seems a lot more stable at the minute if any of the ps4 lads are thinking of joining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Will be on in an hour and a half or so. Could have done with ya today. 5 on 1 with me as the 1. Had me surrounded, was a bitch

Yeah I'll be on around six I'd say. I was the same yesterday. Was enemy number 1 for most of the session.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭gumbo1

Anyone knocking about today on ps3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

gumbo1 wrote: »
    Anyone knocking about today on ps3?

Will be on and off today deathmagnet23 mainly evening but possibly daytime send me a friend request.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Getting a bit bored of it now, so decided to buy a few cars and see what was what. Bought a Vulcan Warrener there last night, cracking little car when it's done up and something a bit different to what everyone else drives. Considering buying the Glendale as it seems to have a fair few mods so you can do it up (I have the idea of 2 super, 2 sports, 2 muscle and 2 sedans in my freeroam garage, can't think of another type I like).

Also bought the Jester Racecar for my race garage and the 9F for my show car/freeroam garage. Not sure about the 9F, was gonna get rid of the Elegy (relegated to 2 Popular St along with my collection of bikes :pac: The Western Bagger I got a few weeks ago is the mutt's nuts) but I think I prefer it to the 9F.

Edit:

The thought struck me last night, they have liveries for the muscle cars as part of the story in SP. I would be class if you could have those liveries in MP too. i.e. the Sprunk Buffalo, Burger Shot Stallion etc. Putting your own number on the car would be a bit of craic too, personalise it that bit more - think the 801RR has 37 on all of them.

Getting a bit bored of it now, so decided to buy a few cars and see what was what. Bought a Vulcan Warrener there last night, cracking little car when it's done up and something a bit different to what everyone else drives. Considering buying the Glendale as it seems to have a fair few mods so you can do it up (I have the idea of 2 super, 2 sports, 2 muscle and 2 sedans in my freeroam garage, can't think of another type I like).

Also bought the Jester Racecar for my race garage and the 9F for my show car/freeroam garage. Not sure about the 9F, was gonna get rid of the Elegy (relegated to 2 Popular St along with my collection of bikes :pac: The Western Bagger I got a few weeks ago is the mutt's nuts) but I think I prefer it to the 9F.

Edit:

The thought struck me last night, they have liveries for the muscle cars as part of the story in SP. I would be class if you could have those liveries in MP too. i.e. the Sprunk Buffalo, Burger Shot Stallion etc. Putting your own number on the car would be a bit of craic too, personalise it that bit more - think the 801RR has 37 on all of them.

The Glendale was dissapointing I thought. Just couldn't get it to look good no matter what I threw at it. The jester racecar is the job. It handles so much better than the massacro although others may not agree.

I had a warraner a while back. They are cool. Was thinking of getting another one soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Blackgator

Bought the Ruffian motorbike. Not the fastest but good for stunting.
    Don't need speed in wacky races.

Hopefully no more DNFs or FTSs.

The Glendale was dissapointing I thought. Just couldn't get it to look good no matter what I threw at it. The jester racecar is the job. It handles so much better than the massacro although others may not agree.

I had a warraner a while back. They are cool. Was thinking of getting another one soon.

Think the consensus among the PS4 lads is that the Massacro is better, but I don't like it either. I prefer the Jester both in looks (the Massacro looks like half a car or something) and in terms of handling. I have the plain one, but not the big basterd of a spoiler on it, which I do on the race version. Savage.
    Blackgator wrote: »
    Bought the Ruffian motorbike. Not the fastest but good for stunting.
    Don't need wacky races.

Hopefully no more DNFs or FTSs.

Fixed that for you Gator, you're welcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,200 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Is there anyway to change your characters appearance/gender? Got into Online again recently but my character looks like a meth addict and I'd like to change it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

J. Marston wrote: »
    Is there anyway to change your characters appearance/gender? Got into Online again recently but my character looks like a meth addict and I'd like to change it.

No I think they allowed it as a one off in one of the updates but that was it. You can have a second character I think though...

Ill Gotten Gains update Part 2 coming next Wednesday :D
    The second haul of high-end goods currently en route to Los Santos' luxury shops and dealerships. We're pleased to announce that the Ill-Gotten Gains Update: Part Two will arrive for all platforms next week, on Wednesday July 8th. This new collection of extravagant attire and potent transportation also includes the debut of the previously PC-exclusive 'The Lab' radio station across all four console platforms.

Stay tuned for more details on next week's update, including particulars for our second Ill-Gotten Gains Social Club Event Weekend kicking off on Friday, July 10th. For now, check out at a sample of what’s coming up via our screenshot gallery - and for players who didn’t get last year’s Independence Day Special, look for the return of old favorites at reduced rates, including the Firework Rocket Launcher.

Rockstar Newswire full details.

actual_1435672761.jpg

actual_1435672873.jpg

actual_1435672910.jpg

actual_1435672940.jpg

actual_1435672964.jpg

actual_1435673018.jpg

actual_1435672993.jpg

actual_1435673045.jpg

actual_1435673075.jpg

actual_1435673104.jpg

DubDJ wrote: »
    Ill Gotten Gains update Part 2 coming next Wednesday :D

Rockstar Newswire full details.

actual_1435672761.jpg

actual_1435672873.jpg

actual_1435672910.jpg

actual_1435672940.jpg

actual_1435672964.jpg

actual_1435673018.jpg

actual_1435672993.jpg

actual_1435673045.jpg

actual_1435673075.jpg

actual_1435673104.jpg

The blackfin and the T20 progen are first on my list. Well, provided I have the funds that is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Not mad on any of that stuff!!

The blackfin and the T20 progen are first on my list. Well, provided I have the funds that is.

The Blackfin looks class, but a lot like the Casco to me. The Progen looks a bit like the Turismo at the front too. The bike just looks weird.

Interested to see what the Brawler and the muscle car can do.

Still a pretty underwhelming update, though - including IGG1 in that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Its a pity we cant upload custom tracks like the PC version.

Tried to kill a modder tonight. After emptying a clip to no avail, I knew sumthing was up. I now look like a block of concrete, street lamp and parasol all in one. Dickhead. And frankee, feck off in advance before you say its an improvement!

Tried to kill a modder tonight. After emptying a clip to no avail, I knew sumthing was up. I now look like a block of concrete, street lamp and parasol all in one. Dickhead. And frankee, feck off in advance before you say its an improvement!

There was a plane on me as well as everything else haha. Did the level 8000 not make you suspicious? :D

There was a plane on me as well as everything else haha. Did the level 8000 not make you suspicious? :D

Sure I'm not far off that meself :\

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭TacoMan

mikeym wrote: »
    Its a pity we cant upload custom tracks like the PC version.

Not sure about xbox, but for the PS4 this is totally down to Sony imo. It's daft the way you can't copy files from a usb stick to the console's hard drive on the ps4, something you could do on ps3. The custom station sounds class, especially the way they've added a DJ, and ad breaks in between tracks. It would be good if you could connect to anyone's custom station in your session too for some variety (or cringe).

Sony said there'll be some update to remedy this, but who knows when that'll come out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

TacoMan wrote: »
    Not sure about xbox, but for the PS4 this is totally down to Sony imo. It's daft the way you can't copy files from a usb stick to the console's hard drive on the ps4, something you could do on ps3. The custom station sounds class, especially the way they've added a DJ, and ad breaks in between tracks. It would be good if you could connect to anyone's custom station in your session too for some variety (or cringe).

Sony said there'll be some update to remedy this, but who knows when that'll come out.
    I think it could also be a processor issue from what Rockstar said. From reading comments online it looks like even PC users have problems when using custom radio. It's the one feature of the game I'd like to see most on PS4, never liked the music on this game, apart from a few tunes.
    “Why is [Self Radio] not possible on PS3/PS4?” – Destroy_Ger
    “How about creating something like that in PS4/3 and Xbox platforms?” – Osprey11
    “Can you put this on PS4 or Xbox 1 at least?” – RayzRBlayde1229

The GTAV PC Self Radio experience that plays your personally curated playlist of mp3s in the game as a fully featured and properly integrated radio station just wouldn’t technically be possible on the consoles as it requires more than the consoles allow at this time.
    http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52429/asked-answered-the-rockstar-editor-gta-online-updates

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,875 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

actual_1435751047.png
    No matter where you’re from, you can celebrate American grandiosity and pageantry in Los Santos and Blaine County this week, with Double GTA$ and RP in Grand Theft Auto Online starting today and lasting through the entire July 4th holiday weekend (July 1st - July 6th).

To help laud the occasion, merchants across Los Santos are also restocking all their original Independence Day Special inventory, with a 25% discount on everything, including vehicles like The Liberator monster truck and Sovereign motorcycle, the Firework Rocket Launcher and its ammo, plus an assortment of red-white-and-blue gear including Hats, T-Shirts, Masks and more.

DOUBLE GTA$ IN THE INDEPENDENCE DAY GTA ONLINE EVENT PLAYLIST
    Bulk up your bank balance in advance of the upcoming ILL-GOTTEN GAINS Update: Part Two with 2X GTA$ in the Independence Day Online Event Playlist, which features patriotic-themed GTA Online Jobs including Americana (Parachuting), GTA: Land of the Free (Capture), and Mud, Sweat and Gears (Land Race).

DOUBLE RP FOR ALL JOBS AND ACTIVITIES
    Also, for those aiming to climb the Los Santos criminal hierarchy, all GTA Online Jobs played this weekend will net you double the RP.

Is there any quick way to get RP, or is that frowned upon?

Made a new character and it will take ages to get up to level 90-ish I was if I do it legit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

J. Marston wrote:

Do missions quickly.

Great getting all the Independance day stuff again. Bought most of it especially the liberator.

Haven't seen any double $ payouts on anything though.

Great getting all the Independance day stuff again. Bought most of it especially the liberator.

Haven't seen any double $ payouts on anything though.

It's only on the rockstar playlist I think. Double rp on all jobs and races though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

J. Marston wrote:

Snipers v drivers gives decent rp if there is a few playing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

14 days in a row of daily objectives completed, yesterday they didn't reset, today I can't log into PSN. FFS

After getting back into Online, I forgot how annoying tap X to sprint is. That game mechanic got old in 2004.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Playing on the PS4 with a guy called asifkiller02 and he's level 1023! Would this mean he is a hacker or can you go above 1000 now?

Advertisement