Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Theft Auto Online (a.k.a. Frankie's Glitching Songs Thread)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭stuartmurphy87

Why do people race with catchup on. Such a pain in the hole. It's not racing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Why do people race with catchup on. Such a pain in the hole. It's not racing.

It's to give all us unfortunately not so great at cornering fellas a chance against cheaters such as urself and Bryan... Goddam cheating hacking modders...

DANNY2014 wrote: »
    It's to give all us unfortunately not so great at cornering fellas a chance against cheaters such as urself and Bryan... Goddam cheating hacking modders...

Don't hate the player bubbles lol.

Myself, Bryan and gator did a race with a random er earlier and catchup was on. Was a farce altogether so it was. So bad you had to laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

I was in a lobby and said make sure catch up is turned off. The host replied ' you want real racing, buy Gran Turismo, this is GTA 'fag''.
    I like to think nudging him into a barrier and down to the beach was some consultation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Don't hate the player bubbles lol.

Myself, Bryan and gator did a race with a random er earlier and catchup was on. Was a farce altogether so it was. So bad you had to laugh.

Sounds like you weren't doing too much laughing.

#moanyhole

• Advertisement

I was in a lobby and said make sure catch up is turned off. The host replied ' you want real racing, buy Gran Turismo, this is GTA 'fag''.
    I like to think nudging him into a barrier and down to the beach was some consultation.

Ha brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

went online for the first time ever last night

What can I do that is interesting? I am not a memeber of a "crew" or have any on line friends that play it.

The races bores me, would rather avoid that

What I would like to do is just drive around shooting and killing other online ramdom gamers

or

What is the best thing to do?

at the moment Im just shooting a shop keeper and getting chased by the police, a little repetitive after the 10th time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

What can I do that is interesting? I am not a memeber of a "crew" or have any on line friends that play it.

The races bores me, would rather avoid that

What I would like to do is just drive around shooting and killing other online ramdom gamers

or

What is the best thing to do?

at the moment Im just shooting a shop keeper and getting chased by the police, a little repetitive after the 10th time

What platform are you playing on?

sorry ps4

Ive always liked gta and like this one but I wouldnt have too much time to invest in each night. Just like the idea of shooting random online gamers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Simon201

What can I do that is interesting?

To be honest there's just loads of great stuff to do. There's loads of missions that you can do solo - just choose 'easy' to get started but a lot of them are just as possible to complete on 'hard' (especially when you've got the attack heli from Pegasus!) The Survival missions are great to have a go at solo but pretty hard to get to level 10!
    Have you tried any GTA races? Such mad fun! Especially the one on the race track!
    Or the 'Monster Beach Slam' race with 20 or 30 players is just the most chaotic fun!

• Advertisement

thanks

to clarify

I go to online, select solo and im transported onto the map, the races and survival missions are all on the map, I just need to find them or do I select something after I choose online?

how or where do I select easy/hard?

thanks

thanks

to clarify

I go to online, select solo and im transported onto the map, the races and survival missions are all on the map, I just need to find them or do I select something after I choose online?

thanks

Best thing to do is sort yourself out with the Boards crew first, then add a few of them as friends (they don't tend to put you in with crew in your server for some reason).

After that, once you join them there's often a playlist or two being played - this should help with ranking up and money for the earlier levels. Weapons and vehicles unlock as you rank up. There's probably not much point in trying to take lads on in freeroam until you've ranked up a bit - you'll just get destroyed. Same with the cars - you'll need to rank up to mod them and make them better/faster etc.

Throw me a friend request there. If I'm on I'd usually try to get in to a session with a few of the PS4 lads. There's often a bit of war or shenanigans going on in Freeroam, so you'll enjoy that. If you want to do a survival or two to get the money and RP I'll help you out (if I can/I'm on).

Edit: Keep an eye on the 'Glitching Friends' thread too - sometimes easy money to be made!

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Blackgator

I'd suggest joining a crew (Boards crew), find a crew member and tag along and ask questions. People are more than happy to help.

I'm on Ps4 too if you wanna send me friend request. PSN name is Blackgator

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

Don't select solo for a start.

'Join GTA online' is what I always select

thanks

to clarify

thanks

What the lads have said. Join the crew.

Add me if you like. PSN stuartmurphy87

Will be glad to help out if you need anything.

The ps4 group are a bunch of nutters but we have the craic and are always helpful.

Good few regulars on nightly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

thanks

to clarify

thanks

Thats where you are going wrong, just join a session, selecting solo puts you on your own, kinda like being in purgatory

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Simon201

thanks

to clarify

I go to online, select solo

Yeah sorry should have clarified that. You may as well join a public lobby first to get in a session then you can make a phone call to request a job from Gerald/Ron/Simeon etc.
    In the settings for the job it'll say something like 'players 1-4' (the '4' may be a different number, but if the '1' is different it means you can't do that job solo). After that confirm the settings (easy/normal/hard and targetting etc) and go to play - just choose yes when it asks do you want to do it solo.

Just fill up with snacks and as much armour as your level will allow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

If your up for shooting randomers there is this one guy called proco Jr in our crew we can't kick him out dunno y but anyway if you see him repetitively shoot him on the spot whatever means necessary... Add dannybubble if ya want... Should be on tonite at some stage...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

DANNY2014 wrote: »
    If your up for shooting randomers there is this one guy called proco Jr in our crew we can't kick him out dunno y but anyway if you see him repetitively shoot him on the spot whatever means necessary... Add dannybubble if ya want... Should be on tonite at some stage...

I only return fire when I'm attacked ... Sorry to burst your bubble :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Kenjataimu wrote: »

Yes and also when someone just happens to be standing there ;)

• Advertisement

What about all those times I "walked in front of" your missiles? Woops, silly me :(

What about all those times I "walked in front of" your missiles? Woops, silly me :(

That one time was a long time ago Frankie and I thank you for finding it in your heart to forgive me.

I just wish bubbles would stop going rogue every session we are in.

I'll be there beside him, telling him where the targets are, I'm the spotter for his majestic sniping .
    Then 2 seconds later 'bubbles shot you in the back' :(

Anyone seen phobos since the weekend btw?
    It was quiet without the usual wacky races.

just remembered when I bought the game it came with 1million dollars for the game. I should probably use it?

Anyone seen phobos since the weekend btw?
    It was quiet without the usual wacky races.

On last night for a bit, few races done. Not as wacky as the usual sh1te, in all fairness. Some good jumpy ones, but not impossible or 'triple inverted loop-de-loop super pogo stick reverse roll with forward spin' FTS style races.

just remembered when I bought the game it came with 1million dollars for the game. I should probably use it?

Buy an apartment - I'd always recommend the one on Alta Street to start with. When you get enough wedge you can buy others, but that one is central to everything, cheap enough, lets you host heists and has a 10 car garage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

sean1141 wrote:
    Every time I start gta now it is in first person mode. Any way of changing this?

Still having this problem if anyone can help?
    can't seem to find anything in any of the settings?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

I'm having problems with the chat on gta. Apparently people can hear me but I can't hear anything from my mic and earpiece (the one that came with the playstation) even though it's telling me they are talking. Has anybody has this issue before?

Doyler92 wrote: »
    I'm having problems with the chat on gta. Apparently people can hear me but I can't hear anything from my mic and earpiece (the one that came with the playstation) even though it's telling me they are talking. Has anybody has this issue before?

Have you the chat set to crew and friends and have you the little switch on the earpiece switched on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Just got my 25% rebate when I logged in there. Nice $550k back from my T20.

Advertisement